Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

Well, I didn't know exactly that it was the French version, I just saw location France.

There are a number of others on eBay, though have sales of a large number of things.

Bloody hell...are people so desperate for Amiibo now that they gotta steal a lorry full of them?!

Anyway, very disappointed to hear this. The Squid Amiibo is already very rare, now it's going to take even longer to find one.

• Thumbs Up 1

BREAKING: Picture of Splatoon thieves after being caught has appeared on the internet 

vnCp1OM.png

IF YOU PRE-ORDERED THE SPLATOON + SQUID AMIIBO BUNDLE FROM GAME UK, CHECK YOUR EMAIL. IT'S IMPORTANT.

4NbrOt1.jpg

Can't wait to hear Nintendo's response to this, if they even will respond to it.

But seriously, that is a new level of low! I feel sorry for those who lost their pre-orders to this fiasco.

Jesus, these scalpers are getting desperate.

What's next? Taking over the factory where they're made?

Don't give them any ideas.

I've got some more information on Splatoon!

Pretty much all of this is spoiler territory though, so I'll just post it in a spoiler tag.

1. The final boss is indeed DJ Octavio, and I'll say it's a fucking ride and a half throughout. A squid sisters song starts to play halfway through and it's a damn good song. Nintendo better release a OST or someone better rip the music or something. I need this shit on my tablet.

2. The credits are incredible. You use the ZR or R buttons to spray ink onto the screen which "create" the credits, and the credits themselves are full of drawings from some of the game's workers. That and the song that plays in the credits is great. It's a somewhat relaxed version of that Squid Sisters song from the Splatoon Direct. Once you re-enter the Single-Player hub again, you can re-watch the credits. DJ Octavio will also be trapped inside a snow globe of sorts.

3. Beating the single-player unlocks two costumes for the multiplayer. You unlock the hero suit which is the suit that you wear automatically in the single-player and (I don't know if this is a reward for unlocking all the Sunken Scrolls or not) the Octoling suit, which is the set of clothing the Octolings wear in the single-player.

There's the three main things, but since I've collected all the scrolls, I'm gonna attempt to piece together the lore of the game.

Around the time of the 21st century, mankind has been driven to extinction thanks to the rising sea levels and because of such, the ancestors of the Inklings were free to take over the land and make it their own, thus starting the Mollusc Era. Before the great turf war, there were friendly relations between the Inklings and Octarians. The first battles of this war ended in victory for the Octarian forces, who were able to dominate the Inklings who were unable to wake up early in the morning. The Inklings regrouped and built their army bigger and bigger, so big in fact that the Octarians had to call upon the "Great Octoweapons" to defend against the Inklings. Victory for the Octarians seemed all but certain, but due to a plug being carelessly pulled from its socket, their hopes were dashed.

Lady Luck had smiled down upon the Inklings, and this turned the tide. Historians today generally agree that the Inklings' victory over the Octarians in their final struggle was largely due to their superior number of limbs. The Octarians were forced underground for many years, while the Inklings got on with their lifes. The Octarians faced a new issue however, with the fact that due to living underground, their electricity availability was beginning to decline faster and faster. The Octarians had only one hope, and that was to steal the Zapfish that Inkopolis uses to power the city, a rare type of electric catfish that has been around since time immemorial.

This is where you come in. Can you rescue the Inklings power supply? Can you put a stop to the Octarians? For the love of god, can you? Of course you can. It's a fucking video game.

I've got some more information on Splatoon!

Pretty much all of this is spoiler territory though, so I'll just post it in a spoiler tag.

1. The final boss is indeed DJ Octavio, and I'll say it's a fucking ride and a half throughout. A squid sisters song starts to play halfway through and it's a damn good song. Nintendo better release a OST or someone better rip the music or something. I need this shit on my tablet.

2. The credits are incredible. You use the ZR or R buttons to spray ink onto the screen which "create" the credits, and the credits themselves are full of drawings from some of the game's workers. That and the song that plays in the credits is great. It's a somewhat relaxed version of that Squid Sisters song from the Splatoon Direct. Once you re-enter the Single-Player hub again, you can re-watch the credits. DJ Octavio will also be trapped inside a snow globe of sorts.

3. Beating the single-player unlocks two costumes for the multiplayer. You unlock the hero suit which is the suit that you wear automatically in the single-player and (I don't know if this is a reward for unlocking all the Sunken Scrolls or not) the Octoling suit, which is the set of clothing the Octolings wear in the single-player.

There's the three main things, but since I've collected all the scrolls, I'm gonna attempt to piece together the lore of the game.

Around the time of the 21st century, mankind has been driven to extinction thanks to the rising sea levels and because of such, the ancestors of the Inklings were free to take over the land and make it their own, thus starting the Mollusc Era. Before the great turf war, there were friendly relations between the Inklings and Octarians. The first battles of this war ended in victory for the Octarian forces, who were able to dominate the Inklings who were unable to wake up early in the morning. The Inklings regrouped and built their army bigger and bigger, so big in fact that the Octarians had to call upon the "Great Octoweapons" to defend against the Inklings. Victory for the Octarians seemed all but certain, but due to a plug being carelessly pulled from its socket, their hopes were dashed.

Lady Luck had smiled down upon the Inklings, and this turned the tide. Historians today generally agree that the Inklings' victory over the Octarians in their final struggle was largely due to their superior number of limbs. The Octarians were forced underground for many years, while the Inklings got on with their lifes. The Octarians faced a new issue however, with the fact that due to living underground, their electricity availability was beginning to decline faster and faster. The Octarians had only one hope, and that was to steal the Zapfish that Inkopolis uses to power the city, a rare type of electric catfish that has been around since time immemorial.

This is where you come in. Can you rescue the Inklings power supply? Can you put a stop to the Octarians? For the love of god, can you? Of course you can. It's a fucking video game.

Er, how long is the campain, exactly? Seems like you've only had the game for a couple of hours...

Reviews have been saying three to five hours. I'm sure that's possibly the amount of time most people have spent on it. Well, the singleplayer, anyway. [Are multiplayer servers active yet?]

I just realized something about the Splatoon contest that Disney Channel is going on and on about how kids will get the chance to play Splatoon with a Disney Channel star. Does that mean all they'll be playing is Battle Dojo?

I just realized something about the Splatoon contest that Disney Channel is going on and on about how kids will get the chance to play Splatoon with a Disney Channel star. Does that mean all they'll be playing is Battle Dojo?

Probably. Or maybe they'll have some kind of team lobby during August and they'll play with other players.

So I've read the Jimquisition review, and whenever the Squid Sisters make an announcement, it'll actually boot you off from a match if you are in a matchmaking lobby. Can anyone confirm this or something similar?

DifferentDesertedGoat.gif

For all the shit I give NeoGAF, their gifs or the ones they find are godly.

• Thumbs Up 7

Can't wait to hear Nintendo's response to this, if they even will respond to it.

But seriously, that is a new level of low! I feel sorry for those who lost their pre-orders to this fiasco.

Don't give them any ideas.

Okay, that's it! I'm praying to Viridi, the Goddess of Nature for HUMANKIND'S EXTINCTION! She was right: Humans are greedy bastards who think only of themselves! They really ARE the enemies of life itself, and if the situation is bad over there, I'd hate to think of what happens in America, due to scalpers and GameStop's Ness and Target's Jigglypuff! I should just go to South Shore Plaza for one thing, and one thing only:

cadence.jpg

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, or Cadence, for short.

The whole time I've been hyped for Splatoon I've only now realized how close Turf Wars is to this:

God this is such a classic. The character "The Little Man" even loads his gun with a bucket of paint and shoots out Blue paint from it!

EDIT: Whoops that's not what actually happened in the episode at all. Pink Panther secretly loads "The Little Man"' 's rifle with Pink Paint and he promptly tricks him into firing Pink Paint all over the house.

I just saw the Final Boss on Gamexplain's channel. Ah man it is so epic and not only that, it looks challenging. Also I absolutely love the music!

rsQylgH.jpg

"It's been weeks since I was expected to start transforming, Philip. I just can't get it down, even if I try to force myself. It's like some fantastical mythical force is forcing me to be a Squid now. Well, mythical force if you're listening, WHEN WILL I BE A KID NOW?!?"

sorry

• Thumbs Up 8

Bloody hell...are people so desperate for Amiibo now that they gotta steal a lorry full of them?!

Anyway, very disappointed to hear this. The Squid Amiibo is already very rare, now it's going to take even longer to find one.

So Nintendo is aware of it, and they're working to contact those who this affects is what I'm getting from that.

Hope it means they are offering some sort of compensation.

So Nintendo is aware of it, and they're working to contact those who this affects is what I'm getting from that.

Hope it means they are offering some sort of compensation.

Article says GAME is still offering Amiibo separate and knocking £10 off. I'd imagine they would have had to get a deal like that agreed with Nintendo.

Maybe. We'll just have to see what comes from it. Getting the standard version of the game with £10 knocked off the standard versions price is all very well, but considering the special edition is the only way for Europe to get the squid amiibo, and a whole lot of them just got stolen, it is possible for something else to be sorted out behind the scenes.

Oh, I don't collect or follow Amiibo, so didn't know that one in that package was the only way to get that one in it. That really sucks :/