Awoo.

StarFox Zero (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

24 minutes ago, Metal Mario said:

GameXplain also showed some gameplay of Sector Gamma. Going to spoiler tag it and my thoughts just to be safe:

Hide contents

This seriously looks so fun. I've never thought of the idea of a high-speed level in a Star Fox game before, but it's a thrill to watch in a way I haven't yet experienced from this series. Like the kind of adrenaline you get from watching some good Unleashed daytime/Generations modern gameplay.

And then there's, of course, the awesome Platinum-esque soundtrack. And that new Boss B theme arrangement! So much good stuff here.

My overall hype has been slowly building up with each preview, but I think it's now reached its peak. I'm so ready for this game.

Actually, Platinum's only role is art assest production, along with some slight enemy design input. This game is more or less pure Miyamoto and Nintendo

9 hours ago, Captain Candle said:

For those of you that forgot that PlatinumGames helped make this game, there is a good, old-fashioned rival fight!

That walker form tho...that Final Smash tho

So basically, they have the Wolfen turn into a love-child of Bladewolf and a Zoid.

Fuck the chicken walker. I want to play in THAT!

• Thumbs Up 1

Gah, so much Star Fox goodness. And apparently, this is the first big game Miyamoto himself has directed in over 15 years (except for the original Super Mario Galaxy). The long, 19-year wait for a true Star Fox 64 successor is almost HERE!

1 hour ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Gah, so much Star Fox goodness. And apparently, this is the first big game Miyamoto himself has directed in over 15 years (except for the original Super Mario Galaxy). The long, 19-year wait for a true Star Fox 64 successor is almost HERE!

Didn't he also make Pikmin? but ya, that never did breakout really

28 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Didn't he also make Pikmin? but ya, that never did breakout really

Well, I'm going by this list, which may or may not be entirely accurate, being Wikipedia and all.

Right guys I'm out, as someone who wants to play Zero as a fresh new experience, there's just too much spoilers and preview content which is compromising all the surprises, so time to avoid the forums for 3 weeks till I get the game myself, then I'll give my thoughts on it.

Peace!

• Thumbs Up 2

Same. I was fine with the first few videos since they were the bare minimum for showing off the game, but at this point nearly 4/5ths of the game has been shown off. I'm pretty sure a video of the final area/boss is floating around, as well...

I got the small bit of info I was still looking for elsewhere, as well. On the subject of the 20 levels list, according to those who have the game, it does count alternate routes/challenges on the list alongside the full planets. To be exact, if the medal consistency is worth anything, then there'll be

3 unlockable planets (including fortuna) and 6 alternate routes/challenges. (including Aquarosa, Asteroid Belt, and Hunter)

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805613-star-fox-zero/73501509/848416786

A bit disappointing considering what could have been, but good to know before playing the game imo, if only to keep expectations in check.

Wait...spoilers?

That's odd. I figured with this being a continuity reboot, a lot of old things would be coming back and we knew how they'd turn out.

Can I just say that it would be AWESOME to see that Wolfen's Wolf form in the style of Assault's art? Now THAT I would love to see. And why not make the Arwing a Fox walker next time since - we are Star Fox after all. :P 

19 minutes ago, ChaosSupremeSonic said:

Wait...spoilers?

That's odd. I figured with this being a continuity reboot, a lot of old things would be coming back and we knew how they'd turn out.

Can I just say that it would be AWESOME to see that Wolfen's Wolf form in the style of Assault's art? Now THAT I would love to see. And why not make the Arwing a Fox walker next time since - we are Star Fox after all. :P 

Arwing is a homage to the Star Fox 2 design, but the shape and size of the arwing means it's more limited in alt design choices than the wolfen

Just now, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Arwing is a homage to the Star Fox 2 design, but the shape and size of the arwing means it's more limited in alt design choices than the wolfen

I know that dude, I was just joking. :P 

23 minutes ago, ChaosSupremeSonic said:

Wait...spoilers?

I was just spoiling the exact count of the routes and unlockable planets, as I thought some people might want to find out how many there are on their own. Nothing about the plot or anything.

Also, just heard that one medal in every stage is only aquirable by getting a high enough score. Well, that's one way to incentivize players to score-attack, considering the 100% completion rewards. Better than medals for medals sake, at least

Homg, thank you, I've been waiting eons for this <3.

ALSO, DAT WOLF WALKER. I haven't been following the game like a hawk, but are there any multiplayer options for the game other than the couch co-op thing? I kinda doubt there is, but man would I want some pvp dogfights. I feel like it'd be a pretty addictive online thing this game could have to keep people coming back for more.

11 hours ago, Star Wolfy said:

Homg, thank you, I've been waiting eons for this <3.

ALSO, DAT WOLF WALKER. I haven't been following the game like a hawk, but are there any multiplayer options for the game other than the couch co-op thing? I kinda doubt there is, but man would I want some pvp dogfights. I feel like it'd be a pretty addictive online thing this game could have to keep people coming back for more.

Nope. People were hoping the delay might be able to add some, but we heard nothing about it, so no. Really sucks. I at least wish you could play as other characters. I guess the dev's just felt it didn't matter when other characters would be exactly the same anyway since its all based on different ships, but that's exactly the point. The only difference would be slight dialogue changes.

Would also be nice for a Star Wolf story. Wouldn't it be nice if that was added as DLC?

Love that they got more use out of the puppets. Would've been a shame to have them stuffed in a closet after one E3 showing considering they're legit Jim Henson Workshop work. Plus, I just love it when Nintendo does these kinds of ads in general. Just goofy little skits with mascot suits or, in this case, puppets.

I've been keeping away from stage videos overall, but looking at this tutorial footage:

The Landmaster looks sooo buttery smooth to control in a 3D space, it's making my mouth water. Now I wish there were more 3D landmaster stages in the game...

Also appears that the tutorial stages now double as a target-practice/score-attack room, constantly changing up "waves" of ballons and coin locations while the timer keeps ticking. Neat.

Also, general playthrough times are coming in. According to those who've played the game, it takes about 3-4 hours to get from Corneria to Venom on the first playthrough, and 10-12 hours to see all the alternate locations, planets, and bosses the game has, without collecting all the medals. And since 3 medals are hidden in certain gold rings, 1 medal is awarded when 10 silver coins are collected in all-range sections, and 1 more is awarded to high-enough scores at the end of a level, I'd be guessing that'd be around, say, 4-7 hours more for collecting them all for every stage?

Combine all that with the amount of routes the finished game will have to offer for general replayability on a whim, and I'd say we have a pretty long-lasting Star Fox game in terms of replayability and completion time. And we don't even know what the what the medals unlock yet, either, though I'm betting just level concept art or the like.

Game runs at 60fps, with some minor dips here and there. Very, very impressive considering the console limitations and just all it has to render.

So this was in the credits of the game.

star-fox-iwata-tribute.jpg?w=840

The game looks pretty fun, but I won't be able to get it for a while. 

• Thumbs Up 3

So I wake up and boom, Star Fox is getting an anime episode

Looks like Zero is getting the Kid Icarus Uprising treatment, in a way.

I'm honestly really surprised about this. I never expected to put this much marketing behind this game.

Funnily, whenever the subject of Nintendo TV shows came up, I've always said I thought Star Fox was the best fit for a show. (I know this isn't a full show)

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

So I wake up and boom, Star Fox is getting an anime episode

Looks like Zero is getting the Kid Icarus Uprising treatment, in a way.

Requesting permission to engage HYPE THRUSTERS...

ActualFeistyBettong.gif

...Sorry...not sorry

• Thumbs Up 1

That's pretty cool. Would be nice if they created a FULL Star Fox show later, though.