Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - April 8 [11PM BST / 6PM EST]

Carbo

1897844_10201964601782741_72654449940486

Zelda seems to have a lot more aerial speed this time around, as shown in the Super Mario 3D Land stage section of New Stages. And based on her use of the move in the Arena Ferox section, the window for that special UpB auto-cancel on platform edges in Brawl may have been given a greater frame to execute this time around - she kept right on moving, not helpless, after reappearing on the platform after the UpB. (Or maybe UpB is actually like this now, in that Zelda can get going if Farore's Wind touches solid ground, in which case, awesome.)

Special moves can now be customised for custom movesets.  To the extent is unknown and this feature is only available in local play.

Minor clarification: Sakurai specifically stated customization could only be used with friends. More likely this means they'll be separating randoms and friend matches again, and putting arbitary restrictions on the former.

Goddamn it.

Man there's so much info that I had forgotten about the awesomeness that is wire Lil Mac, and that Kirby now has Ultra Sword as his FS, makes sense! Glad they made the change!

Minor clarification: Sakurai specifically stated customization could only be used with friends. More likely this means they'll be separating randoms and friend matches again, and putting arbitary restrictions on the former.

Goddamn it.

The only restrictions in random play are the two modes in the Wii U version, where 1 has no Final Destination and is random stages with items, or only Final Destination levels with no items.

Loved EVERYTHING about this Direct. Awesome new modes (WITH KRITTERS), some cool new stages and items (PONG), nice tweaks to certain characters (Mega Evos and separate transformations), and of course, DAT GRENINJA. He was actually a Pokémon that I thought a while back would be pretty cool to have in Smash Bros, but I never actually thought they'd put him in just because they usually stick to the anime/movies and nostalgia to fill out the PKMN representation. Needless to say, this was a REALLY great surprise. He looks freaking sick and will definitely have a permanent spot as one of my mains. (Partly as an homage to the Greninja that I rocked in Y, Dororo. Though, its name was kind of funny given that it was female. XD)

This Direct was way more interesting than I thought it would be. Lots of actually interesting information. Not to mention super sexy new Yoshi, super sexy Mega Lucario and super sexy.. Greninja?

When I heard about the Greninja confirmation my initial reaction was "Greninja? Really?" but Greninja actually looks godlike. I might mess around with that character. I dunno how much because I know he's gonna be super popular tho'. Plus I'm still generally more interested in Sonic, Mac and Lucario.

• Thumbs Up 1

This was by far the best Direct that Nintendo has ever presented. Nothing comes close(including the Jan 2013 Direct) IMO.

My highlights were definitely the Final Smashes of Megaman, Pit, and Kirby. Rosalina's FS was really lame though.

Looking forward to obtaining both versions later this year.

Question: Is Smash Run Mode for 3DS confirmed to have online?

As far as I'm concerned, Greninja's inclusion is all the more reason not to assume a certain character doesn't have a chance at being in the game.

For all your hopes of your favorites being in, you have no clue whether they'll be confirmed or denied until the game's released. Even those of you hoping for Greninja still wasn't actually expecting him now were you? :P

• Thumbs Up 5

This was by far the best Direct that Nintendo has ever presented. Nothing comes close(including the Jan 2013 Direct) IMO.

My highlights were definitely the Final Smashes of Megaman, Pit, and Kirby. Rosalina's FS was really lame though.

Looking forward to obtaining both versions later this year.

Smash Run does have online IIRC.

I was kinda hoping some new stuff for Sonic series like a new assist trophy, and hopefully its not shadow doing the same thing. I'm pretty sure they will show someone.

Edit: HOLY that's a lot of new pics. So many items confirmed and so many new ones that look really cool.

It makes me wonder if we will see some badniks in Smash run, I really hope we do.

I also notice Sonic's down air can send fighters down but I think it has to the fighters at the right spot.

I see a picture of the Franklin Badge, but it's not letting me link to it for some reason. Huh.

Either way, it's the first piece of Mother ANYTHING we've seen so far.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm just hearing Elec Man shout "Energize!!" in his voice from Powered Up

Wait was that Galaga!? And other iterations of Mega Man in his final smash!?

tumblr_mxsexg9WBs1sy302go3_1280.png

(Sorry couldn't think of any image better of Rock.)

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think it was confirmed, which does have me nervous as well. Coooome onnnnn, Sakurai...

Am I the only one that thought it looked like somebody photoshopped an actual doll in or something at first

I'm usually not one to bitch at such great new info revelations, wbut what the fuck is Nintendo thinking releasing the 3DS version first? The WiiU is already selling abysmally, it absolutely NEEDS this game. My fear is that many people will think that since they already have the game on one system(although it's the watered down version) they won't need to get the superior version on the WiiU and thus, not buy the WiiU. I already feared this before, but this gap between release periods will justify that even more. That said, game's looking great at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm usually not one to bitch at such great new info revelations, wbut what the fuck is Nintendo thinking releasing the 3DS version first? The WiiU is already selling abysmally, it absolutely NEEDS this game. My fear is that many people will think that since they already have the game on one system(although it's the watered down version) they won't need to get the superior version on the WiiU and thus, not buy the WiiU. I already feared this before, but this gap between release periods will justify that even more. That said, game's looking great at least.

It's probably no secret that the Wii U version will probably have more features, thus take longer to finish.

On the upside, more features could basically mean the 3DS will serve as temptation to get a Wii U for even more once we've played that one to death.

I think it might be better to space the games apart actually. If you show them off and advertise at the same time, it'll be more likely for a person to go for one but not the other. This way, the games have their own space, and once a person buys the 3DS one and has experienced it, they may be more willing to buy a Wii U title with better gameplay and more content.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because it makes sense for the sales of Smash.  You release the WiiU version first and that has an adverse effect on the 3DS version because the WiiU version is by far the star of the show.  This game will undeniably push the sales of WiiUs regardless of when its released.  Heck the fact that it's being released in winter also means that Christmas WiiU sales will absolutely skyrocket.  So really, releasing the 3DS version first as well as releasing the WiiU version in Winter is by far the best decision.  And heck at least they're both being supposedly released this year.

• Thumbs Up 1