Awoo.

For True Story (Boss)

Rey Skywalker-Ren

Bit of a hypothetical question here. Say a game came out called, I don't know, Sonic Speed or something like that. Now notice I put Sonic's name in the title. What if in the plot it had Sonic doing his thing BUT it really secretly more revolved round, say, Tails. Example, its a game that you play Sonic for most of the game and Tails at times but the plot is about Tails really, Sonic just helps the plot along. Then, final boss comes along. Should Sonic, the main hero you played in the game get the final hit? Or is it the other character, whom tbe plot has revolved around? Would plot getting the final hit be better than the person who is on the title?

You mean like the Adventure games and Sonic 06? Those games are focused on the character development of everyone but Sonic.

Its no about the characters' development, its about either having emphasis on the title character vs the central Story character...if I should say it bluntly for a Sonic game's case.

i think the other characters should have the equal respect Sonic has. I want them to have the respect and the spotlights. I do think the true final boss and the punch should be for Sonic only. I dont mind others helping like Sonic Heroes but the final stage for Sonic because he brings out Sonic being heroic. I want them to show him be heroic and beat the final boss means he saves the day. For the true story I mean. What I dont mind is:

-optinal (Sonic 06, Sa2)

-clear a path (Sonic Heroes)

I pefer for Sonic to be the only one but I dont mind.

See, the implication I get here is that these characters would, somehow, make Sonic look less heroic simply because they do their part in a battle. This has nothing to do with whether Sonic is the main fighter or not. Sonic will never not look heroic, regardless if he's solo or fighting alongside his friends. His friends do not take away from his accomplishments.

In the case of "optional" such as SA2, who got the final hit is really up to interpretation, whether or not you switched in on the final hit. We don't get a cutscene explicitly showing one or the other (just a different victory pose). It doesn't change the fact that is was a hard fought battle with two heroes trying to save the Earth, it really doesn't matter who did what. In Sonic X, that same battle is shown with Sonic and Shadow both killing FinalHazard, and Sonic still looks plenty heroic to me. I'm just not seeing how Sonic getting help to get to the big boss or getting help during the final battle makes him look weak or less heroic. I'm OK with Sonic being the main fighter in the final battle and getting the final hit, I don't care, but I'm not OK with his friends standing around doing nothing when there's absolutely nothing stopping them from helping their friend. If anything, they're the only ones who will ever look less heroic, and that's pretty lousy.

I'm trying really hard to understand your side of the argument, Sonikku, but I'm afraid I'm not seeing what you're saying still.

Yeah, culture shock and clashes can hinder things. Just some food for though. wink.png

I'm tryin', homie. I'm tryin'.

Ahem...

maxresdefault.jpg

That is all.

This wasn't a problem back then. This shouldn't be a problem right now.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have the change of heart.

I decide that Sonics friends helping is not a bad thing. I do worry because of Sonic but its not something to worry. So I think that Sonics friends should help.

Ahem...

maxresdefault.jpg

That is all.

This wasn't a problem back then. This shouldn't be a problem right now.

How does this count? Knuckles isn't a canon character in sonic 2 and even if he was, he's an optional playable character (not disagreeing with your point by the way, just asking).

How does this count? Knuckles isn't a canon character in sonic 2 and even if he was, he's an optional playable character (not disagreeing with your point by the way, just asking).

Knuckles in Sonic 2 doesnt exist

Actualy it does, and its something Sega actualy inenabled, its what happens when you put a sonic 2 cartidge in the top of a sonic and knuckles cartidge

Actualy it does, and its something Sega actualy inenabled, its what happens when you put a sonic 2 cartidge in the top of a sonic and knuckles cartidge

Sonic 3 and Knuckles?

i never hear of Knuckles in sonic 2.

Thats what I meant, sorry if I wasn't clear with it :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 3 and Knuckles?

i never hear of Knuckles in sonic 2.

It's not the most memorable Sonic game...

It's not the most memorable Sonic game...

I play Sonic 3 and Knuckles

i didnt know abut Knuckles in Sonic 2 be a real game. i though it was a hack someone crate

You're absolutely right on that count. So it's a good thing Sonic 2 can also do it with Tails, who is an integral part of the game. And for that matter, in every game since save for the original CD.

And really, it shouldn't even matter if it's assumedly non-canon. Some of us just like playing the games with certain characters more than others. That's not a sin. It's just a neat excuse to replay the game in a different way.

i didnt know abut Knuckles in Sonic 2 be a real game. i though it was a hack someone crate

The same Sonic & Knuckles cartridge you plug Sonic 3 into to unlock S3&K, also accepts the Sonic 2 cartridge, which unlocks Knux in Sonic 2 instead. In a way I'm not surprised some people never found that out - it wasn't exactly an advertised feature or anything from what I remember.

Edited by Blacklightning

That would be Knuckles in Sonic 1.

You're absolutely right on that count. So it's a good thing Sonic 2 can also do it with Tails, who is an integral part of the game. And for that matter, in every game since save for the original CD.

And really, it shouldn't even matter if it's assumedly non-canon. Some of us just like playing the games with certain characters more than others. That's not a sin. It's just a neat excuse to replay the game in a different way.

Thats true and I respect people who do

@Shadyk.

Um. It's actually Sonic 2. Knuckles in Sonic 2. I guess it would be kinda not known but I'm actually kinda surprised it didn't get much love :c

tumblr_kw6kloahwu1qa5kxw.jpg

Yeah. One of the cooler things about Sonic & Knuckles was it let you lock onto Sonic 2 and play through the game as Knuckles. It wasn't canon, but it was still really neat. It made the game easier and harder in some areas.

It's kind of like DLC, only without the need to download it. And in 1994.

• Thumbs Up 4

tumblr_kw6kloahwu1qa5kxw.jpg

Yeah. One of the cooler things about Sonic & Knuckles was it let you lock onto Sonic 2 and play through the game as Knuckles. It wasn't canon, but it was still really neat. It made the game easier and harder in some areas.

It's kind of like DLC, only without the need to download it. And in 1994.

OK i though it wasnt real but now I see it is. It make me want to play because it feel like the story is different with Knuckles. Thats kinda why i kinda like Sonic 3 and Knuckles and i like playing as Cream in Sonic Advance 2

The story isn't any different - it's just replacing Sonic and Tails with Knuckles. It's the same if you play as Knuckles in Sonic 2 on the iOS or Android platform.

It's just there for fun. :)

@Shadyk.

Um. It's actually Sonic 2. Knuckles in Sonic 2. I guess it would be kinda not known but I'm actually kinda surprised it didn't get much love :c

No-...what? My point was that Knux in Sonic 2 was real and Knux in Sonic 1 was a ROM hack.

The story isn't any different - it's just replacing Sonic and Tails with Knuckles. It's the same if you play as Knuckles in Sonic 2 on the iOS or Android platform.

It's just there for fun. smile.png

I know but it feels like it like Im going to the master emerald before Sonic. It feel like a different story tho it wasnt. So I want to play!

I found out about its existence in Sonic Mega Collection, and I thought it was just accepted as real, so I'm surprised to hear there are people who think it was fake.

Unless I was imagining things.

Apologies if I'm coming off as rude.

I found out about its existence in Sonic Mega Collection, and I thought it was just accepted as real, so I'm surprised to hear there are people who think it was fake.

i dont know alot about the classics because i didnt start with those. so i only know really about sonic 1 2 3 knuckles and cd for classics

Well, unlike Sonic 3 & Knuckles, it's not the lock-on game that ends up ported to every console.  So for those who didn't have either Mega Collection or S&K and Sonic 2 readily available, I can see why people might mistake it for a hack of sorts.