Awoo.

For True Story (Boss)

Rey Skywalker-Ren

I can't say I'm bothered by not having every furry butt jumping into battle. I don't need a million dudes following me through the levels, I don't need them butting in on the boss fights either.

this. i dont mind them clearing a path but I want to fight the final monster as the hero I want to play as. I want Sonic to have the respect he deserves and his friends supporing him.

this. i dont mind them clearing a path but I want to fight the final monster as the hero I want to play as. I want Sonic to have the respect he deserves and his friends supporing him.

Sonic can fight the final battle, but Sonic can also get the respect he deserves and his friends or allies actually helping him out in the battle and not just cheering him on.

When isn't Sonic getting the respect he deserves? Frankly, after the idiotic plot that temporarily killed him Sonic '06, I've only ever seen SEGA treat Sonic specifically with kid gloves while everyone else was left to rot.

No one is saying there's anything wrong with what you're saying, but you're acting like the rest of the cast are somehow going to one-up or deny Sonic something when that's not even remotely true.

...But Sonic saves everyone in Sonic Advance 2 through the Boss fights, besides Knuckles and Amy...

My point was that the five other times that you face the bosses aren't canonically part of the story. XP

I think you're confusing screen time with respect.

I think that is just were good design beats out bad. 

See that's why there is/SHOULD be a charcter select screen, while I love SA2 I'll admit some people don't want to play as everyone soooo. That's why the oh so awesome Character Select screen was built.

If I were to build a game (wink nudge) I'd have each character have their own Super Form battle at the end of THEIR respective stories. Sonic's would obviously be the best, but the others wouldn't be dissapointing either. see win, win. 

You decide to play as Tails, they Challenge you to get some parts for a machine through your story at the end you get a satisfying cannon blast or something destroying the final boss. 

You Play as Sonic you get a freaking awesome super battle! Tails gets his awesome win, so does Sonic. And you'd never be FORCED to play as anyone :D 

and even if it is a Final Story Segment it'd let you choose before you fight or something or just leave it ambigous who wins?

I think that is just were good design beats out bad. 

See that's why there is/SHOULD be a charcter select screen, while I love SA2 I'll admit some people don't want to play as everyone soooo. That's why the oh so awesome Character Select screen was built.

If I were to build a game (wink nudge) I'd have each character have their own Super Form battle at the end of THEIR respective stories. Sonic's would obviously be the best, but the others wouldn't be dissapointing either. see win, win. 

You decide to play as Tails, they Challenge you to get some parts for a machine through your story at the end you get a satisfying cannon blast or something destroying the final boss. 

You Play as Sonic you get a freaking awesome super battle! Tails gets his awesome win, so does Sonic. And you'd never be FORCED to play as anyone biggrin.png

and even if it is a Final Story Segment it'd let you choose before you fight or something or just leave it ambigous who wins?

In this case, it would really need to be decided by how they want tell the story since they had a specific way of telling the story...this idea lends itself well for the characters having completely separate stories that you can play through and not really being a big story told throughout the different perspectives of the different characters or their alignment like in Sa1 and Sa2.

No matter what, Sonic will always be fighting the final boss in any game, in some capacity. It's really a no brainer, and I see no reason why it's anything to get worked up about.

That being said, I see no issue with other characters being involved in a final boss. Sonic Adventure 2 did a perfect job at this, as Sonic and Shadow worked TOGETHER to defeat the Biolizard. No single person hogged the spotlight, it was a matter of teamwork in destroying it. Sonic Heroes had Team Sonic join together to defeat Metal Sonic, 06 was Sonic, Silver, and Shadow, and Chip helped out in Unleashed...

You catch my drift? Sonic's the main character and I see no reason why he would never be the one to fight against the final boss, but other characters are more than capable in lending a hand as well. Realistically speaking (and yes I'm using that in a Sonic argument), Knuckles, Shadow, Silver, and possibly even Tails could take on a final boss by themselves. They've all got Super Forms, and some are even more powerful than the Blue Blur himself. Praise Sonic all you want, but that doesn't discount the fact that other characters shouldn't have an issue fighting any of the final bosses Sonic has tackled over the years.

• Thumbs Up 2

just because there super formes are more powerful then Sonic doesnt mean they should butt in Sonics battle. They did that shit in Sonic 06. I love Silver and his superforme but I really want Sonic to be the only one with a super forme because of it.

When isn't Sonic getting the respect he deserves? Frankly, after the idiotic plot that temporarily killed him Sonic '06, I've only ever seen SEGA treat Sonic specifically with kid gloves while everyone else was left to rot.

No one is saying there's anything wrong with what you're saying, but you're acting like the rest of the cast are somehow going to one-up or deny Sonic something when that's not even remotely true.

they did it in Sonic 06 and thats my first game. I like the game but I didnt like there wasnt enough Sonic. Its not bad that I want more of him or I want him to fight things by himself. Im use to it and those game are the best ones. to show Sonic.

I dont hate Sonics friends. I dont mind them heping Sonic clear a path like I say many times.

just because there super formes are more powerful then Sonic doesnt mean they should butt in Sonics battle. They did that shit in Sonic 06. I love Silver and his superforme but I really want Sonic to be the only one with a super forme because of it.

Fine, it's cool that you feel that way, and I'm not saying I could fully go one way or another, but saying they can't take part in a final boss when they're more than capable of it just because Sonic is your favorite character comes off as extremely biased and dismissive. 

Fine, it's cool that you feel that way, and I'm not saying I could fully go one way or another, but saying they can't take part in a final boss when they're more than capable of it just because Sonic is your favorite character comes off as extremely biased and dismissive. 

Thats not even the reason I feel that way. Sonic being my favorite character has nothing to do with the way I feel.

they did it in Sonic 06 and thats my first game. I like the game but I didnt like there wasnt enough Sonic. Its not bad that I want more of him or I want him to fight things by himself. Im use to it and those game are the best ones. to show Sonic.

I dont hate Sonics friends. I dont mind them heping Sonic clear a path like I say many times.

I strongly suggest not to base thoughts on how effective Sonic and playable compatriots can be on Sonic 2006 of all games.

Thats not even the reason I feel that way. Sonic being my favorite character has nothing to do with the way I feel.

Then what is the reason that other characters should be automatically sidelined for a final fight? Why should only Sonic get a last shot at the foe, when we've seen in actual history that his friends can do such as well?

And this is coming from moi of all people.

• Thumbs Up 2

I strongly suggest not to base thoughts on how effective Sonic and playable compatriots can be on Sonic 2006 of all games.

Its not easy sense its my first game into the Sonic series. The games I play after that were Sonic only games and they respect the main hero alot. So I pefer Sonic only games (with a boost)

There's also, a logical, story-based reason for Silver and Shadow "butting into" Sonic's fight with Solaris.

• Thumbs Up 3

In your opening post, you went into a rant over how Sonic should be the only person to take part in the final boss because, and may I quote you specifically, "Only Sonic has strength and courage and brave to beat the monster of day." I'm not following every single page of this topic, but from what I've gathered, it was just overlooking everyone else's capability, because as I repeat, you like Sonic's personality more and that somehow affects who can defeat a boss or not.

Then what is the reason that other characters should be automatically sidelined for a final fight? Why should only Sonic get a last shot at the foe, when we've seen in actual history that his friends can do such as well?

And this is coming from moi of all people.

I never say they should be bench but they should give him moral support of active clear a path for him. I think Sonic should be the one to fight a final final boss at end because hes the main character. His name on the games so he should have more spotlights and more fighting at the end because they need to show that Sonics heroic and he can save the day because it is him who saves the day. His friends can help like I say.

Im a sane Sonic fan. ;p

I never say they should be bench but they should give him moral support of active clear a path for him. I think Sonic should be the one to fight a final final boss at end because hes the main character. His name on the games so he should have more spotlights and more fighting at the end because they need to show that Sonics heroic and he can save the day because it is him who saves the day. His friends can help like I say.

Im a sane Sonic fan. ;p

But, we've had 23 years of legacy behind Sonic. We /know/ he's the main character and the hero, so I still don't see why the others shouldn't have a slice of the action.

There's more than one way to be heroic than to just defeat a villain.  Being able to work as a team is one of those ways.

Aye, indeed. I really don't see a problem in having characters work together to defeat the final boss.

Makes you wonder if Sonic Boom will have all 4 characters team up to go head-to-head with who/whatever the final boss is. Hell, I'm pretty confident that's the route they'll be taking.

• Thumbs Up 3

I never say they should be bench but they should give him moral support of active clear a path for him.

Being sidelined to mere cheer-leading when they have the capability to lend an actual helping hand out in the field is very much benching the characters.

I think Sonic should be the one to fight a final final boss at end because hes the main character. His name on the games so he should have more spotlights and more fighting at the end because they need to show that Sonics heroic and he can save the day because it is him who saves the day.

You've already stated this. And I've yet to see anyone on this thread say Sonic shouldn't fight the final battle.

His friends can help like I say.

You seem to be careening back and fourth between they can help, and "but only if it's cheering Sonic, and/or if Sonic has the final blow".

Im a sane Sonic fan. ;p

tumblr_lna8kiaZ9U1qi94v3.gif

Excuse me? That sounded rather directively rude.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dont want them to be bench and not have any relevense to the story. Im not that mean. As long as its equal focus i dont mind it.

I said i was a sane Sonic fan incase people say I that I glory Sonic.

I care about the world being save more then respect. I dont want everyone butting in every boss fight Sonic is in when I play as him but I am for saving the world

I wouldn't call actually helping him out, "butting" in. It's not like he's reserved all the action now.

I wouldn't call actually helping him out, "butting" in. It's not like he's reserved all the action now.

Well if people are saying that because Shadow/Silver/Blaze are better then Sonic they should help him.. what am I going to think?

Well if people are saying that because Shadow/Silver/Blaze are better then Sonic they should help him.. what am I going to think?

At what point has anyone said they are "better"? We only point out that they are powerful, capable and have just as much of a stake in the outcome of a battle as Sonic does and deserve a shot at helping out. Not to mention, Sonic's not even a glory-hog type of character anyway, he likes having his friends helping him out if they're around. Sonic Colors might be an exception because the Amusement Park was slowly falling apart and he sent Tails back to Earth for his own safety; otherwise, I'm sure he'd have had Tails do something in that battle too. You're really not giving a good reason why none of them can contribute in a battle beyond "but it's Sonic's game and I like Sonic!" I don't even consider your argument with Shadow's game earlier to be admissible because that was a very specific circumstance (Sonic and the others were paralyzed and couldn't help Shadow at the time anyway, and by the time Doom transformed and Shadow went Super, they had no choice but to just get out of his way), but any other time there's really no excuse for these guys to be sitting around with their thumbs up their noses (Generations).

I get it, you like Sonic. Guess what, so do we. But we like the other characters too, and that in no way means we want Sonic to get the shaft either. We just want the others shining with him whenever it's possible. And it's been plenty possible for a while now.