Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

On 8/5/2021 at 10:26 AM, GentlemanX said:

On 8/5/2021 at 2:30 PM, SBR2 said:

Fuck! I knew that and I still spouted it as truth. 

Ok so yeah that's not true. My bad.

Goddammit! Stop giving me hope, you two!!!

6 hours ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

Goddammit! Stop giving me hope, you two!!!

I mean even if they do there's no way they're going to risk it. Which sucks because I would definitely love a Marvel G.I. Joe/Transformers style revival of the Archie book. You could name it something like "Sonic Freedom" to differentiate it from the main IDW book maybe collect the last 3 issues of the book in an 80 page special titled "Genesis of a Hero" before "Sonic Freedom #291" comes out and reprint the Reboot comic in collections that collect both Archie Sonic The Hedgehog and Sonic Universe and give it the Umbrella name "Sonic Shattered World".

I might have put some thought into this. XD But again sadly that's most likely not going to happen. IDW can't even afford to publish more than one Sonic comic in it's own continuity.

Ah yes, Book 5, coming out in the year 3003.

Seriously speaking though, he can't seem to make up his mind on whether this is purely a comic or more a graphic novel.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, horridus said:

"Return to Angel Island 2: Electric Boogaloo: This Time My Chosen Faction Wins." 

The idea that the Dark Legion could even be a valid threat to Eggman's forces is beyond fucking funny. Even better is the battle for the 'remainder of Mobius', guess that just confirms literally everyone abandoned it. Nice to know Sally really had loyalty to her kingdom.

Every idea he comes up for this book sounds so absolutely boring and unappealing. No one wants to see resolution to a plot line that never even happened Ken, especially when said plotline likely amounts to "and my ocs win".

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The idea that the Dark Legion could even be a valid threat to Eggman's forces is beyond fucking funny. Even better is the battle for the 'remainder of Mobius', guess that just confirms literally everyone abandoned it. Nice to know Sally really had loyalty to her kingdom.

Particularly since another writer already showed what would happen when the tiny terrorist army takes on the guy who rules the world with a near inexhaustible army of robot soldiers. But then this is Penders we're talking about. Never one to let a little thing like logic get in the way of his writing. 

Personally I find it even more hilarious that he treats this as if it were something suspenseful given that he's never been subtle about his belief in the superiority of HIS villains over Robotnik/Eggman. "They could eat him and any version of him for breakfast", anyone? 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, horridus said:

"Return to Angel Island 2: Electric Boogaloo: This Time My Chosen Faction Wins." 

"While working on..." Oh, for crying out loud! I'm not an author but shouldn't you at least have an outline of what you want from your story before announcing it's 7 books long?

Like I know changes happen in the writing process but it sounds like he's still plotting it out while writing and drawing the first volume. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

"While working on..." Oh, for crying out loud! I'm not an author but shouldn't you at least have an outline of what you want from your story before announcing it's 7 books long?

Like I know changes happen in the writing process but it sounds like he's still plotting it out while writing and drawing the first volume. 

And like, considering how he's described this project as a comic series, is it just first comic book or the entire volume he's working on???

Just to try and guage when he'll be done. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

And like, considering how he's described this project as a comic series, is it just first comic book or the entire volume he's working on???

It's a volume, he's stated for years it's now going to be a seven book graphic novel series, akin to Scott Pilgrim.

• Thumbs Up 1

Book 5?

Penders...it’s closing in on a decade, and you haven’t even released Book One yet!

On top of that, it’s not wise to broadcast that with very little to show for. Like damn, we’re in an age where you could at least redesign the characters for a book cover and self-publish a novelization on the KDP just to get a head start and you can’t even be assed to do that! Which would ironically be the smarter thing to do given how much money it would take just to self-publish a graphic novel page by page.

Like, I’m finding this more and more sad. The only admirable thing is his determination—you think he’d put all this effort into standing on his own merits to build his setting and characters. It’s not like it’s unheard of for people to create their own works based off of fan fiction they made based on another franchise, but here’s a guy with more than enough tools and one who should have more than enough knowledge to get this done and have something to show for it squandering it all in what is obvious to most of the Internet aware of this whole debacle to be a matter of sheer spite.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 8/10/2021 at 4:25 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It's a volume, he's stated for years it's now going to be a seven book graphic novel series, akin to Scott Pilgrim.

So we does he insist on occasionally referring to it as a comic book!? That just makes things all the more confusing for HIS OWN brand.

And geez. If this is how long it's taking to complete just the first graphic novel, how does he expect to complete this series in his lifetime???

Just now, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

And geez. If this is how it's taking to complete just the first graphic novel, how does he expect to complete this series in his lifetime???

He's repeatedly mentioned his intention to have others pick up where he left off if/when he dies off before completing the series, presumably intending a family member or an individual trusted by him to carry on after he sheds his mortal coil. 

1 minute ago, horridus said:

He's repeatedly mentioned his intention to have others pick up where he left off if/when he dies off before completing the series, presumably intending a family member or an individual trusted by him to carry on after he sheds his mortal coil.

Why does that sound more like a threat to haunt and harass us from beyond the grave more than anything else?

• Thumbs Up 8

This all sounds a bit awkward.  Shouldn't he have released the first book first before revealing any information about the seventh book?

24 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

This all sounds a bit awkward.  Shouldn't he have released the first book first before revealing any information about the seventh book?

It's the hidden ancient technique.....of counting your chickens centuries before they've hatched.

• Chuckle 2

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

There isn't a comic. It's a Graphic Novel. Though each chapter willbe released on the app before the Graphic Novel comes out so it might as well be a standard comic.

17 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

"Coming soon in 2012"...

And now it's 2021...

• Chuckle 3

Next year is going to be the 10th anniversary of the original release date. Are we going to celebrate it? 10 years of not being released? How would Ken react to that? 😆

• Thumbs Up 5

5 hours ago, Zaysho said:

10 years of "I had to give up Scourge for this shit?" is the worst possible anniversary.

You want a Symphony concert thrown in with that?

I'm sure Ken would love to showcase all that wonderful music that he claims will come with the app to embolden the reading experience. 

tony-stark.gif

It's gonna be greaaaaat.

• Thumbs Up 4

9 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Next year is going to be the 10th anniversary of the original release date. Are we going to celebrate it? 10 years of not being released? How would Ken react to that? 😆

...Oh, God it has been 10 years! He's spent a decade on this! I...that is mind blowing.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, let's celebrate 10 years...of a project that never got off the ground!

• Thumbs Up 4