Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

I wonder if the co-op flinging thing can be used to screw the other player(s) over. I mean, we all know it isn't really co-op in a game if you can't be a jerk to your friends. ;P

If it really does end up playing out like Chaotix, then I think we can expect flinging things in the wrong direction.

And it will be glorious.

SLW was definitely not rushed. The game is not unfinished like Sonic 06, nor does it have as many glitches and other things that make a game unfinished. Like VGamer said it was almost complete by the time it was shown at E3 last year.

SLW was definitely not rushed. The game is not unfinished like Sonic 06, nor does it have as many glitches and other things that make a game unfinished. Like VGamer said it was almost complete by the time it was shown at E3 last year.

I honestly don't think it was play tested enough. How the beta testers let god awful wisp controls and shitty turning pass them by is beyond me.

Assuming there were beta testers.

The more I hear, the more I want.

SEGA can easily expect my preorder this year. I just hope they announce Sonic Boom 2014 soon so I can schedule that in; I don't want to wait until September to play this.

Granted playing it in September means it would be less chaotic... though it could very well be coming out in September.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it just me or did I spy Lost World Sonic's kick attack being used by Sonic Boom! Sonic in the game trailer? I believe I certainly did!

Is it just me or did I spy Lost World Sonic's kick attack being used by Sonic Boom! Sonic in the game trailer? I believe I certainly did!

If you're talking about the kick combo he did against that robot whilst Amy was doing her spin hammer, I feel that will be more of your standard melee combo affair as opposed to the homing kick from Lost World.

If you're talking about the kick combo he did against that robot whilst Amy was doing her spin hammer, I feel that will be more of your standard melee combo affair as opposed to the homing kick from Lost World.

Something like Shadow the Hedgehog more or less?

And I'd say Lost World was rushed, no way would they have missed the Strobe glitch and that (I think) still unresolved error where you see no item when it shows your "reward" for beating all the missions if they really took their time during play-testing. And to a lesser extant the Wisp controls.

Something like Shadow the Hedgehog more or less?

And I'd say Lost World was rushed, no way would they have missed the Strobe glitch and that (I think) still unresolved error where you see no item when it shows your "reward" for beating all the missions if they really took their time during play-testing. And to a lesser extant the Wisp controls.

I don't find it rushed for things like those but for the level choices really, honestly when it got to sky road you can tell they just kind of slapped in different things there cause not only did it seem to have levels from the first few areas of the game (the trope I  mean) it didn't really have much to do with the sky at all and LM being mostly a boss rush with a second railing level is kind of weird. That and the fact that the cutscenes and the final boss in the ending felt lacking kind of sold the fact home to me that near the end they got a little rush-y.

I've been watching the trailer again recently, and I've noticed something.

While the models are pretty bad, the animations for those models are very nice.

Try to look at these pictures and focus solely on the animation.

tumblr_n0ld5kkYcD1s8ouhxo2_500.gif

Look at those tails go.

tumblr_n0ld5kkYcD1s8ouhxo4_250.giftumblr_n0ld5kkYcD1s8ouhxo5_250.giftumblr_n0ld5kkYcD1s8ouhxo6_250.gif   

They're, undoubtedly, very talented animators. I just hope the models are brought up to this same level of quality. It also seems like the bouncy animation style will be making a return as well, to some extent.

actualy in action tails seems fine at this point, but yeah everybody elses models need work

This been posted yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wifIay0Vshs

* Sonic will use a whip to attack enemies, hints at other power ups.

* There will be 2 playable characters on screen at a time. Maximum of 4.

* Co-operation and teamwork is vital.

* Teamwork is important.

* Only 4 playable characters.

* Tons of new characters promised.

* Old characters will return.

* Won't confirm the frame-rate.

* No online play.

* Aimed for a family experience "We want kids to play with their dads" 

This is starting to sound less like a Sonic game and more like a new IP..?

This is starting to sound less like a Sonic game and more like a new IP..?

surprising a whole big amount of 0 people :P

• Thumbs Up 2

* Old characters will return.

HAWAIIAN SHADOW IS REAL, BELIEVE!

Also, yeah, a new IP is kinda the vibe I was getting too. I'm kinda ok with it, MegaMan X and Paper Mario were practically new IPs too.

• Thumbs Up 6

HAWAIIAN SHADOW IS REAL, BELIEVE!

Also, yeah, a new IP is kinda the vibe I was getting too. I'm kinda ok with it, MegaMan X and Paper Mario were practically new IPs too.

Ya, it does feel that way, although with old characters I still think we might see some forgotten characters return as well, I dont think its out fo the realm of possibility

Heres another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHMGaFl3qFs

* Sonic Boom is a synergistic experience (anyone like to guess what that means?)

* Some scenes in the game will appear in the annimation.

Interviewer says 'Please explain why Knuckles is bigger'

* Nothing was changed for the sake of it. 

* Sonic has the scarf because it helps emphasise his adventure side (Oh so thats the reason.)

* Sports tape is to emphasise speed.

* Knuckles is big to emphasise strength.

* Knuckles smashes rocks and destroys stuff.

* Amy is really graceful, she's almost like a ballerina.

* Amy is the clearing character with a hammer.

* Tails he's a gadget and tool guy.

* Exploration is key.

* Teamwork is key.

* Combat is key.

* Strong hint that each character will replay the same levels, only have multiple paths tailored to each character.

* Knuckles digging/burrowing through ground confirmed.

* Very strong hint that you will ALWAYS be with a secondary character.

* Tails only uses ranged weapons.

* No comment on Super Sonic.

* More new characters.

* Characters from past games.

* More details at E3 regarding characters.

• Thumbs Up 4

Heres another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHMGaFl3qFs

* Sonic Boom is a synergistic experience (anyone like to guess what that means?)

Presumably about the synergy between the various branches in media, the game, the cartoon, the presumed comic, etc.

I swear combat is the only potential deal breaker for me. Im really crossing my figures that it isn't Werehog levels of tedium, I just want to platform and not have my flow broken.

Synergistic

Web definitions

- Used especially of drugs or muscles that work together so the total effect is greater than the sum of the two (or more).

I suppose this means the game is better with more people, he's being vague as hell.

I swear combat is the only potential deal breaker for me. Im really crossing my figures that it isn't Werehog levels of tedium, I just want to platform and not have my flow broken.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, then.

Most combat in the old naughty dog games was limited to say a few hits, and very organic ones at that, emphasising movement. Even Jak 2 & 3 kept you moving with the attacks.

Unlike Sonic Heroes or Unleashed where you stopped to fight.

I don't expect the fast speed to manageable in combat, but I don't expect something as tedious as combat was in the "enemy health bar games". It'll probably be something like a few hits, and the enemy goes down. In response, the devs put multiple enemies to not make the combat too easy.

That's my assumption.

• Thumbs Up 1

Same for me, but considering they're actually really trying to put a good emphasis on it I'm willing to keep an open mind about it being fun. Different kind of game, after all, so if it's got a good balance and both platforming and combat are fun, I'm happy.

• Thumbs Up 5

About the supposed "two characters at all times" thing,  what's up with the parts of the trailer where you only see one character on screen? Main part I remember off the top of my head is the part with Sonic running on water...maybe you leave the other character behind if you take an alternate path only one person can take?

Either way I'm not too fussed, as long as it isn't as annoying as Chaotix was when I tried playing it once. XP

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems to suggest that switching won't be forced considering that characters can access several different pathways, some of which tailored just for them.

Considering that Sonic is the only one of the lot that would be able to run on water, that seems likely.

The switching mechanics would probably be a bit more controlled, perhaps in the vein of a refined Sonic Heroes.

About the supposed "two characters at all times" thing,  what's up with the parts of the trailer where you only see one character on screen? Main part I remember off the top of my head is the part with Sonic running on water...maybe you leave the other character behind if you take an alternate path only one person can take?

You switch.

It sounds like you'll always have another character with you and a button press swaps control to that second character.