Awoo.

Sonic Runn..er wait... "SSMB YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX!"

Badnik Mechanic

Yeah if you want to rebuy it all over again go ahead.

He doesn't have a PS3, so he wouldn't have this problem.

What does "TBA" stand for?

To Be Announced.

Thank GOD that the 2015 title is also on Wii U, now I don't have to get either the other consoles.

either my bro will probably get a Ps4 by the time it comes out so.

Either way I still have the Wii U........if it survives long enough.

On the original  post what does those random pics on the hype train suppose to be? Edit?: Don't answer that! im stupid.

It's more likely that the PS4/XBO version of a multiplatform Sonic title will just be a slightly more polished version of a game that's built around Wii U level hardware since it'd be too much of a moneysink to do a "next generation" Sonic game that pushes hardware while still doing something that can fit on lower hardware. Sega's changed a lot since the Unleashed days.

Come to think of it, I do recall hearing a tidbit last year, about SEGA's plans to port Wii U Sonic, upscaled to the PS4 and Xbone for 8th gen. Perhaps it was true after all.

Given this info, I'll be really disappointed if all we get from SEGA tomorrow (Hedgehog Day) is just another Red Herring joke. I'd like to hear about the 3rd Nintendo title, and what's going on with it. We still have a big 50/50 chance here of which title could be the spinoff and which could be the main title, if not both given the different dev cycles over at Sonic Team.

I'm gonna try and avoid any hype for this game, given what happened with Lost World. Hey, I'm one of the minority that thought the game was really fun and worked well, but all the hype around it was a bit unnecessary.

Wait, you guys, the sign says TBA, which means its simply conjecture, so stop the hype train, its simply jazwares guessing, not an official sega setup

• Thumbs Up 1

Its sort of a drag that every time something of Sonic appears that it feels like there's some unwritten law that it HAS to be something with some amount of lost potential, or being an absolute disaster. Can't walk in expecting the Sonic Boom show to be anything remotely good, and same goes for the movie that may or may not be based on it. Can't really expect Sega to deliver all the way or is gonna learn from their mistakes with the next game; its just kind of like you have to expect something to be wrong and cope with it to enjoy the ride in any way.

I guess I'm just sort of tired of expecting the worst, even if there's no reason not to do such. I'm probably gonna be very hyped when the first screenshot rolls by, but I guess I'm just gonna be much more wary this time around (though excited). I just hope Sega to deliver in whatever they do, and I'm tired of them not doing their franchise justice.

Sorry for the bummer post, but I'll be in transit waiting a while before I catch the train. At least I got Nintendo to look forward to.. right? Right? :'v

Wait, you guys, the sign says TBA, which means its simply conjecture, so stop the hype train, its simply jazwares guessing, not an official sega setup

Oh god... what if this is true?

I take Jazwares as an outlet for official Sonic merch, and therefore can be somewhat reliable with regards to news.

PlayStation Now.

I prefer most of my games physical, thank you very much. Backwards compatibility or bust. I don't like wasting bandwidth and space on games that could be very easily lost if something bad happens to the housing hardware. And I abhor the notion of having to buy something over again too.

Oh god... what if this is true?

It's not.

The information on that sign has come from Sega to be displayed there. That's what happens at trade shows like this, there have been similar signs on booths in the past for other companies.

• Thumbs Up 1

That would make a lot more sense and explain all the information. Good thinking Hoggy.

Edit: I was right. The SEGA blog post about the partnership didn't say anything about the games being exclusive. It only said the Wii U/3DS would be the #1 destination for Sonic games.

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/05/17/sega-and-nintendo-enter-exclusive-partnership-for-sonic-the-hedgehog/

Basically, that could either mean we're getting an additional exclusive on the Wii U or that the game is being built on the Wii U.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think it's safe to say Sonic 4 is out of the question. If this new title is for next gen consoles only, how in the fuck would it make any sense to release Episode 3 on different consoles, unless the rest of Sonic 4 is ported?

I have a feeling we might just get a Sonic: Lost World sequel, at least story wise, but judging at how mixed the response to the game was, it could go either way. Besides, this new title has already been in development before Lost World was released, so I doubt they planned that far ahead.

I'm honestly hoping for a gameplay style that feels fresh and new altogether, taking a few elements from Sonic's play style in Sonic Adventure here and there. That game proved Sonic could be translated from the Genesis titles in a faithful way without even needing to go into a 2D perspective, and the control for him in that game was near flawless. 

The thing that really sucks is that I don't own any of these next gen consoles at the moment. I guess I can hope for the best, and maybe Sega is indeed going to end up supporting Xbox 360/ PS3 and handheld owners. 

I have a feeling the movie being in the same universe as Sonic Boom might be misunderstood or it's simply a mistake. I don't think it's really wise to go ahead and base the film off of your TV show when you don't know how successful your show is going to be. 

Either way, 2014-2015 looks like it's going to be a couple of promising years for the Blue Blur, so let's hope it doesn't disappoint. 

• Thumbs Up 5

*hype train hits Mando, clings on to the front of the train*

In all seriousness, I'm glad to see that they are putting Sonic on PS4 and XB1 sooner rather than later. I wonder what happened with the 3rd Nintendo exclusive though. Dimps, perhaps?

Okay calm down everyone! Look I'm not doubting the news that Jaywarez has presented.

What I absolutely doubt is the notion that this chart truly dictates the extent of of everything Sonic yet to be released into 2015. Ignoring the fact that this is even directly from SEGA, I'm not going to mentally shove out the numerous possible hand-held games, app installments/games, tv specials, spin-offs, and other possible games that could very well come out between now and then just because a chart at a toy convention suggests so.

And no way do I buy into the notion that SEGA would weasel out of that contract with Nintendo, illegal as it is.

I prefer most of my games physical, thank you very much. Backwards compatibility or bust. I don't like wasting bandwidth and space on games that could be very easily lost if something bad happens to the housing hardware. And I abhor the notion of having to buy something over again too.

This line implies that you already have a PS3, that means that this service will be useless to you then.

The SEGA/Nintendo deal thing is veery unclear. While the original announcements did say "exclusive partnership" and it was heavily implied they would be exclusive games, it might have just been the way it was worded.

Also, I have no idea if SEGA has the ability to slip out of the deal if they really want to or not. Some people say they can.. some people say they can't. I have no idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

What really makes me happy is the fact that all three consoles are listed. Aside from the inferior Wii/PS2 versions of Unleashed, when was the last time a Sonic game came equally to all consoles? Shadow the Hedgehog?

Alas, I can only hope this game rekindles what I liked about the series from Unleashed and prior. Lost World made me realize just how much I outright disliked the direction the series was taking and caused me to steadily lose interest. If this game follows the same path, it's going to be pretty difficult to still be a fan of Sonic like I once was.

• Thumbs Up 2

Perhaps SEGA told Jaywarez to leave the announcement of the third exclusive to them personally.

I'm certain that third exclusive's coming and I think it might very well be a Lost World sequel.

Makes sense, following the idea that the exclusives were worked on side by side like the Titanic and the Olympic, and Lost World was released earlier to introduce the concept and controls of this new gameplay, thus using the feedback for crucial improvements to made with the sequel. And then voila! A Sonic 3 & Knuckles type of sequel to also make up for Lost World's abrupt ending while also enhancing numerous aspects such as speed, better boss fights, better level design, etc.

This line implies that you already have a PS3, that means that this service will be useless to you then.

I was talking about PS1 and PS2 games.

I sort of highly doubt a Lost World sequel is coming. I mean it may happen but I'm getting that crazy feeling it won't, since the first one seemed to bomb pretty bad in sales for a company that can't really afford it (Sega's not quite "on top" with their money).

besides I really wouldn't want a second one for various reasons but yeah

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope the new game continues to improve, both gameplay and plot wise. SLW was, in my opinion, a step up plot-wise, though still had problems. Gameplay-wise, it was a step down from Colors and Generations, but it hada a good dsetup, so I don't want them to abandon the gameplay. I want them to refine it, and maybe add more playable characters. That last bit is unlikely, but it'd still be nice.

I was talking about PS1 and PS2 games.

PS1/2 games will be emulated, not streamed, and they will be upscaled to 1080p as well. Plus you never said that you were talking about PS1/2 games instead of PS3 games. If you already have the consoles then by all means, don't use the service.

Oh nevermind, this ain't the PS4 thread. I'm done, before I get a warning for derailing the topic or something.

Better yet, maybe this chart is just a preview of what SEGA's planning to announce in full sometime.

I sort of highly doubt a Lost World sequel is coming. I mean it may happen but I'm getting that crazy feeling it won't, since the first one seemed to bomb pretty bad in sales for a company that can't really afford it (Sega's not quite "on top" with their money).

IIRC , SEGA gets paid up front for these games by Nintendo, so they might not be as worried for that department as much as Nintendo should be. Also, I can fathom SEGA making a story arc with exclusive games both on the same console. Though I doubt that they'd completely and abruptly go back to the drawing board on game sequel in the making, despite Lost World's sales. Unless they're willing to delay the game if that's the case. "Course I'm speaking hypothetically.