Awoo.

Justin Bieber arrested for drinking and driving... and then released - "Justice? Whassat?"

Spin Attaxx

He should have stayed longer in jail (Or give him whatever punishment that corresponds with what he did)...

Freakin' judge that let him go...

Well, I'll be damned. I'm actually surprised.

Not that he got out, but how quickly he did. Is that a new record?

I feel like I need to reiterate that I don't HATE Bieber so much as dislike his current personality.(it's pretty hard for me to hate someone.) his music has nothing to do with it. I mean for example, I hate One Directions music, but I'm perfectly fine with the actual singers. They seem down to earth, and like good people, so I can't really see myself mindlessly hating them just cause of their,IMO, bad music. That COULD be the case with Bieber, but the problem is, there's a giant hole he's going to have to fill if he's going to even be halfway to a decent person in the publics eyes. Jail time could help yeah, but if he ends up changing without it and stays out of trouble like this for some time, perhaps more reasonable people would sympathize for him.

I was 8 or 9 years old when he started making his rise to fame. I really wasn't very independent back then, so I just did what everyone else was doing and hated him solely for his music. After that, I wised up some and started disliking him for his attitude more so than his music, although I still wasn't a fan of that. Now I just roll my eyes and shake my head when I hear about his antics lately. I pity him because it must be hard with the media breathing down your back, but thinking you're on top of the world and can get away with anything is always going to lead to trouble.

• Thumbs Up 3

Bieber strikes me as like the North Korean leader. Brainwashes the citizens or in this case the Beliebers. They must be the ultimate example of an army of fans around the world that breaks the 1st Commandment "Thou shalt have no other gods before me".

Anything Bieber does, the fans will think its OK. Hope Bieber stops this unacceptable behaviour not just for his sake but for the Beliebers. I hate to think if he gets killed, there will be mass suicides.

And I called it when he would not be going to jail and allowed to walk away in an earlier post.

Can we just reiterate right now that he's only been released from jail pending a further trial where he will most likely do some time?  Because people are acting like he's gotten away scot-free when that's not the case.

• Thumbs Up 6

What an idiot he is. Mr "I'm not a little kid anymore." Doing what he thinks is adult to be acknowledged as an adult rather than a child, but in actuality, is doing childish things. It's just like that other celebrity---what was her name---Miley something? Hannah Montana? Eh.

https://twitter.com/InmateJBieber/status/426724307419422720/photo/1

Please tell me this isn't real.(I know it was posted from a joke account, but the pic itself looks real.)

Eh, Bieber's outfit looks too bright to look like he's really there. I call Photoshop. I might be wrong of course.

Because he is already facing trial.

tumblr_mzw31lHkeh1rg40kto1_500.jpg

Pretty much how I am feeling right now about all of this.

I had no idea who the man on the left was until now. And honestly I'm now wishing I had no idea who Justin Beiber was.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to bring this up, but it's really fucking annoying to be implied as a racist when nothing prompted it.

To be fair Turbojet, as I'm not saying that what the picture implies doesn't happen, but hardly anyone here or anywhere I've seen calls Beiber a misguided kid (beyond pointing out that he was raised with fame from a young age, and that usually turns people into assholes). Beiber seems to have many more haters than fans (which probably makes him more famous honestly, but whatevs) and most people seem to want him to get what's coming. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think turbojet was aiming that towards anybody specific, and the point of the picture still stands considering both controversies are currently relevant and he's free to view this situation in a racial context: a white man is more likely to inspire empathy as "misguided" or "troubled" than a black man, and subsequently needs to do significantly more shit to get in a negative spotlight.

I saw Fox News going in on Richard Sherman (the Seahawks player) a few nights ago because unfortunately my dad watches the channel all the fucking time. They aired a video of him really doing nothing aside from bragging to a reporter, then after that showed him dismissing the term "thug" in a press conference. Cue expected hand-waving from Sean Hannity and his guests about the man's issues with the word and the potentially-racist implications about being referred as such. Meanwhile, I've not seen anything on the opinion shows yet about Bieber's actions.

• Thumbs Up 3

So how is Justin Beiber getting hit with a drunk driving related to athletes pulling obvious publicity stunts and people reacting badly to them?

I don't think turbojet was aiming that towards anybody specific, and the point of the picture still stands considering both controversies are currently relevant and he's free to view this situation in a racial context: a white man is more likely to inspire empathy as "misguided" or "troubled" than a black man, and subsequently needs to do significantly more shit to get in a negative spotlight.

That would probably apply if this wasn't referring to a white man who is already widely hated for his obnoxious behavior.

• Thumbs Up 1

I get all of my current events from here and Tumblr, but I haven't seen anything on Sherman, what happened?

It's literally just as I said: He started bragging and showing off during a game and was admonished as a "thug" by some people and outlets. He had a press conference about the whole situation and equated the term "thug" as a slur. Cue expected Fox News fallout.

It's literally just as I said: He started bragging and showing off during a game and was admonished as a "thug" by some people and outlets. He had a press conference about the whole situation and equated the term "thug" as a slur. Cue expected Fox News fallout.

Well that's stupid. Taunting in sports is nothing new as far as I'm aware.

Didn't Sherman in a interview after the game also say he was better than the reporter? Seems a little egotistical, more so than regular sports bragging.

Nep I get the point and I do agree that racism and prejudice have something to do with how we all are treated. I'm sure Justin Beiber got treated differently in this case and all of life because he's white, because he's famous, because he's rich, because he's a man, etc. . And I do agree with your more general point that there is a lot less a black person would have to do to get negatively portrayed in the news.

But at the same time the picture just seems a little misrepresented considering the vitriol not only in this topic but in general towards Bieber. Nobody is really calling him a misguided kid besides his "beliebers".  I get why the picture would be confusing to people over its relation to the issue and why race has anything to do with with the larger issue in general, even if I agree with the implications. 

Didn't Sherman in a interview after the game also say he was better than the reporter? Seems a little egotistical, more so than regular sports bragging.

He didn't say anything about the reporter. All of his emotion was directed towards the 49ers' wide receiver. He also called himself "the best corner in the game." Lol.

But at the same time the picture just seems a little misrepresented considering the vitriol not only in this topic but in general towards Bieber. Nobody is really calling him a misguided kid besides his "beliebers".  I get why the picture would be confusing to people over its relation to the issue and why race has anything to do with with the larger issue in general, even if I agree with the implications.

There was an argument in this very thread- and it's been an on-going argument outside of this current debacle- that Bieber's descent in recent years is in part due to him cracking under the pressure of both his stardom and said vitriol. That's a perfectly legitimate argument to have, but I think it also plays into the "misguided kid" angle because a comparative conversation is not happening with this football player to warrant his labelling of a "thug." Whichever side of the fence you fall on in terms of the fallout of his rant, so far no one has discussed what would've caused Sherman to act in such a way in the first place. Sherman's actions are his and his alone. I think that is one of the points being made with that picture.

• Thumbs Up 4

I would say that Sherman hasn't had years of taunting to put pressure on him (and even then it's not like he killed someone, sheesh), but I don't actually know if he did or not.

I just think Justin would have turned out better if he wasn't constantly mocked, but I don't actually now that either.