Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

So Wii U owners can't get the 3DS characters unless they "transfer" them? So basically is there even any reason to buy the Wii U version at this point

Except her backstory is a carbon-copy clone of Link's from TP pretty much.

I like the look of her fighting style and how she's updated since the concept art. Otherwise she's meh.

Is there information on her backstory and what her goal is and stuff like that yet? I couldn't find any

• Thumbs Up 1

So Wii U owners can't get the 3DS characters unless they "transfer" them? So basically is there even any reason to buy the Wii U version at this point

Actually I think they said at one point that all the 3DS characters will be paid DLC for the Wii U version around the time Legends is released. The whole transfer thing is just a deal for the people who got both version and want to play the 3DS characters in HD.

They'll probably be released separately as well. Regardless, at this point, is there any reason to buy the Wii U version? Not unless you want the HD game. Legends is much cheaper. If you didn't jump to get HW before, you probably weren't interested enough and now would be content with just the 3DS game anyway.

Regardless, I am positive the Legends content will be in a Wii U DLC pack.

Is there information on her backstory and what her goal is and stuff like that yet? I couldn't find any

In the trailer Bill Trinen says she's a girl from a small backwater farming village.

Actually I think they said at one point that all the 3DS characters will be paid DLC for the Wii U version around the time Legends is released. The whole transfer thing is just a deal for the people who got both version and want to play the 3DS characters in HD.

As far as I'm aware that wasn't stated, but I might've missed it. Either way it probably will happen that way.

The thing that gets me is that I'm assuming all of the DLC for both versions is gonna be part of the base game for the 3DS version. So like... I can either buy the 3DS version for 40 bucks and get everything, or spend what likely would be close to 100 bucks or more for the HD version...

Yeah. I wasn't interested in the game before so I think the choice in my case is obvious. It really feels like Nintendo seriously fucked over the early adopters tbh

Edited by Sean

A better framerate? Granted, HW is kinda all around but still. Kinda hard to imagine playing a Musou game at 30 FPS

A better framerate? Granted, HW is kinda all around but still. Kinda hard to imagine playing a Musou game at 30 FPS

Dynasty Warriors 7 on PSNow if your Internet isn't perfect :^)

MAN I can't wait to play as the new characters. My sister's getting the 3DS version when it releases. She wanted to play it on the go.

Linkle's had a pretty interesting journey to canonicity, starting out as some unusually popular concept art before becoming a separate individual.  For all that her name is an obvious reference, her design actually stands well on its own as not simply a carbon copy of Link's.  I quite like her.

• Thumbs Up 5

Linkle's had a pretty interesting journey to canonicity, starting out as some unusually popular concept art before becoming a separate individual.  For all that her name is an obvious reference, her design actually stands well on its own as not simply a carbon copy of Link's.  I quite like her.

I like the updated design and how she now dual wields crossbows. I still hate the name, though. I am glad they've tried to differentiate her more; granted, I think they basically had to, because I doubted Nintendo would agree to a "female Link" character anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some interesting theories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypLxA9UMF98

Also, once again, that cutscene is in full HD level like all the others, which point to all new story content coming to wii-u as well

We already knew the all new story content was coming to the Wii U. We already saw that screenshots of the CG cutscenes (the ones featuring Tetra) said they were on Wii U in the Famitsu scans.

I vote Linkle for the next Smash Bros game :P

No... and its incredibly unlikely we'd get that anyway. Its the same think as Lana. We'd get Midna, Ghirahim, Skull Kid, Impa, hell, even Tingle before the HW exclusive characters. (If we even get them as trophies.)

Very late reaction but... hooray!!! I'm so glad they actually decided to include Linkle in the game, she was one of the most interesting pieces of 'cut' content from the original so to finally see her brought to life - and indeed, even transferable into the original HD version - is a real joy. She looks great fun, can't wait to play as her!

To celebrate Linkle's inclusion, Nintendo are also bringing out a Hyrule Warriors Legends Limited Edition (in Europe definitely, also Japan I think, not sure about the US). Whereas the Wii U Limited Edition included Link's scarf, this 3DS one comes bundled with Linkle's compass watch... very nice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzQ0Xl91cHU

Very late reaction but... hooray!!! I'm so glad they actually decided to include Linkle in the game, she was one of the most interesting pieces of 'cut' content from the original so to finally see her brought to life - and indeed, even transferable into the original HD version - is a real joy. She looks great fun, can't wait to play as her!

To celebrate Linkle's inclusion, Nintendo are also bringing out a Hyrule Warriors Legends Limited Edition (in Europe definitely, also Japan I think, not sure about the US). Whereas the Wii U Limited Edition included Link's scarf, this 3DS one comes bundled with Linkle's compass watch... very nice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzQ0Xl91cHU

Here's the fun factor about the Limited Edition. We've known about it for months in Japan, ever since TGS. We also knew about the compass in the Limited Edition. Did not know the compass had any bearing on the actual story.

If the Limited Edition comes to North America and Saria is confirmed I'll definitely preorder it. Otherwise I'm in "wait-and-see."

Some interesting new levels

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/hyrule-warriors-legends-story-content-for-linkle-new-weapons-for-the-characters-more/

Hyrule Warriors Legends: story content for Linkle, new weapons for the characters, more

Hyrule Warriors LegendsAs teased by the official Twitter account, new details for Hyrule Warriors Legends were revealed today. Unsurprisingly, they come from Famitsu magazine, which didn’t have any preview for the 4-page article dedicated to the game. And since no new character (or anything major) was revealed, we didn’t get any leaks either.

The article reveals that besides the new stages, Hyrule Warriors will also have “updated” versions of existing stages. For example, in the scans below, we get to see Lake Hylia by sunset, and the Valley of Seers in broad daylight (with a natural-looking sky).

If you already played Hyrule Warriors and got used to the various characters, you will be glad to learn that existing characters will get new weapons in this Nintendo 3DS version. For example, we get to see Ganondorf wielding a trident, which allows him to launch fast attacks (with a ligthning element). What’s more, he can throw it into the ground, sending electricity all over the place (electrocuting all nearby enemies).

These weapons come in addition to those from the Wii U version, and do not replace them. Also, a screenshot in the scan below shows that the new weapons will also find their way to Hyrule Warriors on Wii U. However, it’s unclear if they will be unlocked when the characters are “transferred”, or if they will be part of a (paid?) DLC pack.

Finally, we have some details about Linkle. Unsurprisingly, this new character will also be available in the Wii U version of the game. She will most likely be “tranferrable”, just like the other newcomers in Hyrule Warriors Legends. Linkle will get her own story missions, described as a “backstage” of the main story. The scans below show her fight several key characters, such as True Form Midna and Skull Kid.

Here’s the scans from Famitsu magazine:

Should be interesting, just hopefully all the new story content comes to wii-u, and that there's a DLC pack option other than buying the 3DS

Why can't Nintendo give some solid confirmation that this content will only be available via transfer or if they'll be available as paid DLC as well? A little clarity wouldn't hurt.

I mean, the latter seems likely, but I've been unsure about it because they've been pushing this edition so much. I suppose we'll find out close to release, so fingers crossed.

Edited by Zaysho

Some interesting new levels

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/hyrule-warriors-legends-story-content-for-linkle-new-weapons-for-the-characters-more/

Should be interesting, just hopefully all the new story content comes to wii-u, and that there's a DLC pack option other than buying the 3DS

According to this article:

http://nintendoeverything.com/new-hyrule-warriors-legends-details-linkles-story-and-crossbows-new-weapons-more/

The story mode is exclusive to Legends. The problem with that theory, though, is that we've seen screenshots of the new story cutscenes on Wii U:

COfw9NDUsAAU4tJ.jpg

The other problem is the Linkle trailer's cutscene in the Direct was in clear HD, not possible on the 3DS. So both trailers are made for the Wii U. It makes no sense that they wouldn't be transferable.

The only other possibility I see is that maybe you can transfer the new Legend Mode expansions if you have Legends, but the characters can be purchased separately if you wish?

Also, those aren't "new" levels, they're the same stages with just a slight change to them. I do hope they do this more often, though. For example I'd love a snowy Death Mountain variation.

Why can't Nintendo give some solid confirmation that this content will only be available via transfer or if they'll be available as paid DLC as well? A little clarity wouldn't hurt.

I mean, the latter seems likely, but I've been unsure about it because they've been pushing this edition so much. I suppose we'll find out close to release, so fingers crossed.

They're probably keeping quiet on it for the time being because they want people to double-dip and buy the 3DS version too.

I'm sure the new content (or at the very least the characters) will be available to download on the Wii U at some point, but it probably won't be straight away - I imagine they'll be a sort of "timed exclusive" for transfers from Legends to start with, and then a month or two down the line they'll open it up to non-3DS adopters.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh, Gods, no. Character after character to max level, adventure map after adventure map, DLC pack after DLC pack...I'm not sure I can take any more. I've lost too many hours to the cold vacuum of space. I forgot what the sun looked like...

I can't go back.

But I must.

Hopefully Wii U owners can get ahold of the new content without much hassle.

I wish Linkle was just called Link.

Hell no, that'd be even worse, especially since she's not Link. Hell, they even went through extra effort to make her more original looking so she doesn't look so much like a female Link anymore (and people STILL call her that anyway). Yeah, the concept art was essentially a female Link, and she still kinda is, but she looks more original now than she did before at least.

Oh, Gods, no. Character after character to max level, adventure map after adventure map, DLC pack after DLC pack...I'm not sure I can take any more. I've lost too many hours to the cold vacuum of space. I forgot what the sun looked like...

I can't go back.

But I must.

Hopefully Wii U owners can get ahold of the new content without much hassle.

I do think they will be able to. But I'm probably going to get Legends. And I 100% for sure will if Saria gets confirmed... (damnit she better get confirmed :P)

• Thumbs Up 2

So like... I can either buy the 3DS version for 40 bucks and get everything, or spend what likely would be close to 100 bucks or more for the HD version...

I understand what you're saying and I agree, it's obvious that the 3DS version is the much better deal. But overall, I think it just depends on your preferred console. c: