Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

I kinda saw Toon Link happening, though hope he plays different enough from the other two Links. Hopefully this doesn't lessen Groose or Linebecks chances. 

I kinda saw Toon Link happening, though hope he plays different enough from the other two Links. Hopefully this doesn't lessen Groose or Linebecks chances. 

I saw him kinda maybe happening, since we had Tetra and that's already three versions of Zelda playable in the game. I doubt it'd lessen Groose's chance, if anything, it'd make Groose more likely. Skyward Sword still only has two playable characters in the game. Wind Waker is a new addition, so it was only getting two initially, but now its got three as well despite not being represented previously. Probably also raises the likelihood of Skull Kid, too, and perhaps an MM boss.

Maybe Linebeck could be a consideration for a fourth Toon character. I just do not really want to see Toon Ganondorf as well.

EDIT: The only character I think this LOWERS the chances for is Linkle, honestly. Since she was essentially a female version of Link, it just looks that much more iffy with three Link's already in the game.

Edited by JaidynReiman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Kinda makes sense that he's not in Legend mode, would kind of be distracting to the story to make a big deal out of two Links being present, especially when HW Link is the "only" present hero in this non-canon universe.  Like why would Toon Link play a support role when he is one of the heroes of legend himself, etc?  Just keeps things tidy to leave him as a bonus.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wonder if Majoras Mask will be included in this legend mode. Or is it just gonna be extra stuff for the games used already and windwaker.

Wonder if Majoras Mask will be included in this legend mode. Or is it just gonna be extra stuff for the games used already and windwaker.

I don't see why it wouldn't. Wind Waker is only an epilogue because it doesn't fit into the main story very well. Majora's Mask was already added to HW via DLC.

I don't expect too many more games to be represented, but I do think we'll at least get greater representation from both MM and WW, with both getting stages, enemies, and bosses (with maybe Skull Kid as a new character added from MM).

Screen shots for Toon Link....

310014-h1.jpg

and I can only find this one considering the internet is being really picky on finding it so just watch the gamexplain video for the rest

• Thumbs Up 2

Basically he looks like regular Link but with wind-based attacks. I think his fighting style is different, but I think we can officially say that "duplicate weapons" do NOT matter anymore. Especially when said character can handle things differently, such as adding more instruments but playing different songs. Medli or Marin might be a lot more likely now.

Well, until we get a 2D game character I won't consider them as possibilities barring Vaati, who has appeared enough that I think they'd be more justified adding him. There's still plenty of characters from the 3D games (Groose, Saria, Nabooru, Twinrova, Skull Kid, Happy Mask Salesman) and newer pseudo-3D games (Ravio or Yuga from LBW, Linebeck from PH, and Byrne from ST) that can be considered. I also don't think they'll add TOO MANY more characters this time, no more than 12, more likely 9.

With 3 WW characters now, I think TGS may announce additional characters from already-represented games and perhaps additional story expansions. Either a new storyline to coincide with the current one, or filling in additional characters to the current storyline.

I'm just glad to see the Toon universe represented, through Majora's Mask should've gotten more love and I would like it if some handheld Zelda titles like Link's Awakening, the Oracle games and Minish Cap get some props.

I'm just glad to see the Toon universe represented, through Majora's Mask should've gotten more love and I would like it if some handheld Zelda titles like Link's Awakening, the Oracle games and Minish Cap get some props.

I think that Majora's Mask will definitely get more love now. I think we'll get stages, enemies, and Skull Kid all added for it now in Legends. Dunno if we'd get more than one MM character added.

As for the Toon universe, I could see them also extend it to Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks with a character each. Not sure about stages from those games, though. Vaati of course only because he's recurring in several games and is heavily requested.

I'm not too sure on the Oracles barring Twinrova maybe with a plot similar to the Oracles. Twinrova, of course, aren't exclusive to those games, but they could be based on their story appearance in those games. Link's Awakening is a bit more iffy since it is in a dream world.

Well, maybe minor nods to those games. I'm just not sure if they'd do anything major with them. We'll have to see.

• Thumbs Up 1

More info

http://gonintendo.com/stories/242325-hyrule-warriors-legends-information-on-the-wind-waker-content#comments

Hyrule Warriors Legends - information on the Wind Waker content

09 September, 2015 by nintendaan | Comments: 4

These translated Famitsu details come from Nintendo Everything...

- Toon Link  has a sword-based, quick attacking style
- while small, he can send large groups of enemies flying
- Toon Link can jump high or use the Deku Leaf to attack. He’s a very technical battle type
- a new hammer item which lets him smash the ground to shake all the surrounding enemies
- Helmaroc King will appear in Hyrule Warriors Legends
- enemy can cause huge gusts of wind from its great wings, and it possess great strength in attacks compared to the usual enemy
- Miniblins (Wind Waker) and Big Blins (Spirit Tracks) are also shown in the various Famitsu screenshots
- Wind Waker will be added as a new chapter in Legend Mode with an original story
- however, Toon Link will not be playable here (available in other modes)
- Famitsu mentions that, with regards to the story, a new unusual event happens in Hyrule and Link sets off on another journey
- magazine teases: ''Just what kind of story will it be featuring the heroine Tetra and King Hyrule?''
- will be a number of new areas added for the Wind Waker section of Hyrule Warriors Legends - Famitsu shows Windfall Island, Dragon Roost Island, and Forsaken Fortress in its screenshots
- Toon Link (and eventually the other new characters) will be playable on the Wii U version, seen in updated graphics
- based on screenshots shown in Famitsu, it seems that these new locations will be available in the console version as well
- important to mention that there are plans for new characters to continuously appear
other than Tetra, King of Hyrule, and Toon Link, there are plans for characters that are still unannounced
- characters from previous works will come as DLC, too
- also information about a couple of new elements aside from characters and levels
- a new golden ocarina item is being added
- causes a great twister to appear that can take you to various Owl Statues you find throughout the battlefield. It might be an important component in time-based missions

Honestly, still severely hoping they release all the new stuff as a dlc we can buy for the wii-u version, because while I have a 2DS, I don't really want to fork over the money for a handheld version when I'm still good on the home version.

You guys have no idea how happy I am that we can finally play as a King of Hyrule, even if we're stuck with the wind waker version.

Got my short list of really hoping characters: Groose, Nabooru, Ashei/TP freedom fighter, Sari, Twinrova, oh and if we throw in 2D I'd say either Veran or Onox for villain rep, I really hope we get one of the female villains, I mean we got 7 villains in the game, 3 from the game, and yet we got none (even with so few of them) of the female villains, considering the number of female villians ingame, that stinks. Also a Thought, I think it's likely we may get WW Ganondorf, while like Link most of them are merged Toon Ganondorf is unique enough to be a standalone.

Also put me on the thought that we're getting 9-12 more characters considering we've had the same amount of development time as the base game, so no reason a similar amount of characters wouldn't be unlikely

I will laugh if Groose isn't included still after all the fan demand lol.

Groose, Skull Kid, WW content, and Saria seem to be some of the most missed elements. Saria I listed last because although she's my most wanted, Groose, Skull Kid, and WW were much more highly requested, though I did see tons of people wondering about Saria as well.

More info

http://gonintendo.com/stories/242325-hyrule-warriors-legends-information-on-the-wind-waker-content#comments

Honestly, still severely hoping they release all the new stuff as a dlc we can buy for the wii-u version, because while I have a 2DS, I don't really want to fork over the money for a handheld version when I'm still good on the home version.

You guys have no idea how happy I am that we can finally play as a King of Hyrule, even if we're stuck with the wind waker version.

Got my short list of really hoping characters: Groose, Nabooru, Ashei/TP freedom fighter, Sari, Twinrova, oh and if we throw in 2D I'd say either Veran or Onox for villain rep, I really hope we get one of the female villains, I mean we got 7 villains in the game, 3 from the game, and yet we got none (even with so few of them) of the female villains, considering the number of female villians ingame, that stinks. Also a Thought, I think it's likely we may get WW Ganondorf, while like Link most of them are merged Toon Ganondorf is unique enough to be a standalone.

Also put me on the thought that we're getting 9-12 more characters considering we've had the same amount of development time as the base game, so no reason a similar amount of characters wouldn't be unlikely

I'm thinking 9 at a minimum, but maybe upwards of 12. If they have 12, they could also have two Wii U DLC packs with 6 characters each; a Toon pack based on all the Toon games; three characters from Wind Waker, and three based on other Toon-related games, and perhaps another pack than expands the content from other 3D games.

This comment is really weird to me: "- characters from previous works will come as DLC, too"

Maybe this means that characters from older 2D games could get in as DLC, but won't be in the base game?

2D games are a lot harder to draw content from, that's why I see them as being much less likely.

Maybe we'll get Zelda U content, but that would also mean we'll need to learn more about Zelda U before said content is announced.

Some new info and pic

http://gonintendo.com/stories/242443-hyrule-warriors-legends-more-direct-feed-screenshots#comments

By NintenDaan · 8 hours ago · 16 images · 4,748 views · stats

Ex1lRvO.jpg
1cYOSiO.jpg
VnmquoL.jpg
Z32bX0k.jpg
cwrFLxi.jpg
PRqFa3l.jpg
Tmn4CVd.jpg
hduCIra.jpg
MpXVjW2.jpg
Ptd7Vox.jpg
Zq56mZ4.jpg
k3mfOB8.jpg
H7efYdW.jpg
R5dJYGs.jpg
DbERwym.jpg

gnMnQPV.jpg

Hey look at the Owl!

now if only we could get some awesome non-toon announcements(and perhaps they will add all the new characters into an altered story mode, those that have included time periods I mean)

• Thumbs Up 5

Damn, it looks like there ARE three totally separate levels. At that rate maybe we can get one more level each from OOT, SS, and TP, and maybe even three MM stages, too. That'd be neat. Medli might have a decent shot at being a fourth WW character as well, since there's now three characters from this game.

Some thoughts:

MM: Clock Town, Southern Swamp or Snowhead (neither trope is utilized), and Ikana Canyon/Stone Tower.

OOT: Lost Woods/Sacred Forest Meadow/Forest Temple or Desert Colossus/Spirit Temple (probably Spirit Temple)

TP: Zora's River (personally I'd like Zora's River) or Snowpeak (if Snowhead isn't used for MM)

SS: Lanayru Mining Facility (only one I can really think of unless we do a dungeon)

And for combined areas, couple possibilities:

Sacred Grove (combines Lost Woods/Sacred Forest Meadow/Forest Temple with Sacred Grove from TP)

Hyrule Castle / Market Town (TP/MM)

I really doubt 2D games at all since they'd be much harder to create levels for. A character or two, maybe, but no levels yet. This includes the pseudo-3D handheld games like ST/PH and LBW. Characters may not be too bad from the psuedo-2D games, though.

And yeah, considering how much we've seen of the WW content now, I think that's probably the end of it, barring MAYBE one more character. TGS should focus on other games. Either another newly represented games (maybe a character from LBW, ST, or PH) or expanding the content for the existing titles. 1-2 characters for OOT, SS, and MM each; TP is very unlikely at this point due to having less major contenders for the position and having the most characters.

Obviously I don't think we'll get all of this at once, maybe we could get a story expansion announcement during the main storyline, or adding a storyline that coincides with the main one but focusing on a different group of characters/enemies. Perhaps Twinrova and/or Majora's Mask as the villain(s).

New TGS Trailer:

Not really much new, though. Just showing off the playable characters in more detail, and confirming that the Wind Waker "stages" are actually combined like in the case of Lake Hylia. The previous snapshots and the CG cutscene we saw confused me, because it doesn't show any of the locations getting cut off.

Also, footage from the Nico Nico livestream:

It also seems that a new special edition will feature a Golden Ocarina in the treasure box, but I'm not quite sure on that. I just heard it over on GameFAQs.

Think we'll actually get new info in the second livestream? Eh, we'll see... I'm not that optimistic anymore, though. Hopefully, though, they do monthly updates via Famitsu. Anyway, pretty sure we'll be getting another Wind Waker stage, probably Flooded Hyrule or Tower of the Gods I'd guess. This stage will probably be called "Great Sea."

• Thumbs Up 2

New Info

http://gonintendo.com/stories/243043-hyrule-warriors-legends-to-have-even-more-new-characters-more-in#comments

Hyrule Warriors Legends to have even more new characters, more info coming later

19 September, 2015 by rawmeatcowboy | Comments: 8

The following info comes from a 4Gamer interview with Yosuke Hayashi, Producer of Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors Legends...

- many players in Japan and abroad told the developers they would really like to be able to play the game on their handheld
- there had already been several Zelda games DS/3DS, so this was an opportunity they couldn’t pass this request up
- Toon Link, Tetra and the King of Hyrule are unlockable in Hyrule Warriors via a serial code
- this is found in the box of Hyrule Warriors Legends
- Legends will get more additional characters to be revealed at a later date
- devs spent a lot of time fine tuning the game in order to display the right amount of enemies on screen,
- one way that helped was disabling the 3D on Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo 2DS
- New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL will be able to display stereoscopic 3D visuals
- team have plans to make Hyrule Warriors Legends compatible with amiibo
- amiibo will allow you to unlock extras
- all the DLC characters from Hyrule Warriors on Wii U will be in Hyrule Warrios Legends right from the start
- they will NOT be transferable
- they may create more DLC if there's demand for it
- no challenge mode
- the developers are done implementing everything they wanted to implement, and they’re currently working hard on balancing and polishing the game

and a look at the goodies in the japanese edition

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, so DLC is not set in stone, its just "if there's demand for it." Ok. That's cool.

No Challenge Mode, but Challenge Mode wasn't that substantial anyway. However, people who want to play Ganon's Fury and Cucco's Fury HAVE to do it on the Wii U. Ganon's Fury at least is actually pretty cool.

Hoping for an additional story expansion to the main story. I really don't think we'll get any new original characters, though. Its kinda pointless to add them at this point; people want more Zelda characters, not characters they've never heard of before.

I wonder if we'll get any DS/3DS games represented as well? Would be an interesting addition since this is a handheld game.

Honestly, still seriously hoping for Groose and Nabooru above all, with both being unique and interesting characters, got others I'd love too, but I'd put those 2 at top

Also quick thought, Say, if anyone here without a wii-u gets Hyrule Warriors Legends, can I have your wii-u character unlock codes? thought I'd ask

Honestly, still seriously hoping for Groose and Nabooru above all, with both being unique and interesting characters, got others I'd love too, but I'd put those 2 at top

Also quick thought, Say, if anyone here without a wii-u gets Hyrule Warriors Legends, can I have your wii-u character unlock codes? thought I'd ask

Since they are unlock codes, I'm pretty sure they'll be downloadable separately on the Wii U as well.

As for Nabooru I'm meh on her. I just don't think she's as necessary as Saria. I do want a proper Gerudo playable, and Nabooru is the only logical choice for that. But the forest is very under-represented, it could really use both Saria and Skull Kid to fill in its ranks. And we do have Ganondorf already representing the Gerudo.

If they're that restrictive on how many we get and want to expand as much as possible (only about 9 characters and adding no more than 1 more from each game), I'd rather Nabooru get skipped. And in general, I don't think she'd be as interesting as other characters. However, if they focus less on giving multiple weapons to other characters or focus primarily on filling out the rosters for existing games, I think we can easily get her as well.

Just to clarify I'm not hating on Nabooru, I do want her as well. I just think Saria and Skull Kid are both higher priority.

Also... I SWEAR TO GOD I hope Link doesn't get another weapon. I'd be ok with Toon Link getting a variant of the Wind Waker weapon, or maybe adding another weapon for Young Link, but I don't want main Link to get another one right now. He's got more than enough.

Also, footage from the Nico Nico livestream:

It also seems that a new special edition will feature a Golden Ocarina in the treasure box, but I'm not quite sure on that. I just heard it over on GameFAQs.

Think we'll actually get new info in the second livestream? Eh, we'll see... I'm not that optimistic anymore, though. Hopefully, though, they do monthly updates via Famitsu. Anyway, pretty sure we'll be getting another Wind Waker stage, probably Flooded Hyrule or Tower of the Gods I'd guess. This stage will probably be called "Great Sea."

Wow, it's really nice to know the game has perfect frame rate (btw, is the game confirmed to have 60 fps?). The lower amount of enemies are super noticeable and so is the pop up but I guess it's understandable.

Wow, it's really nice to know the game has perfect frame rate (btw, is the game confirmed to have 60 fps?). The lower amount of enemies are super noticeable and so is the pop up but I guess it's understandable.

Keep in mind, that's on the new 3DS. It might not be as good on a regular 3DS, and its already confirmed 3D will not work on regular 3DS.

Keep in mind, that's on the new 3DS. It might not be as good on a regular 3DS, and its already confirmed 3D will not work on regular 3DS.

Idunno, the only thing they mention that you can't use the 3d at all on the regular 3DS. Was there ever a 3DS game that ran better on the N3DS then the O3DS?

• 3 weeks later...

Prepare yourselves some bunkers and hide your childrens, Skull Kid is coming:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/244063-hyrule-warriors-legends-skull-kid-to-be-playable-phantom-ganon

According to the latest issue of Famitsu, Skull Kid shall be a playable character in the upcoming 3DS title, Hyrule Warriors Legends. Phantom Ganon shall also be appearing in the game, and he shall be a boss character that shall use an ocarina during his battle. Phantom Ganon shall also have a fairy at his side during battle. Hyrule Warriors is planned to release on January 21st in Japan, and an American release date has not yet been announced.

I f***ing called it. Saria and Groose incoming. Hopefully... I do wonder why they say Skull Kid uses an Ocarina. Mistranslation, maybe? The only time Skull Kid uses an Ocarina is when he steals the Ocarina of Time, otherwise he uses a flute (OOT) or a trumpet (TP).

Also, MM representation. Maybe we'll get a boss encounter from it, MM stages, and MM mobs.

EDIT: Wow, this version of the text is horribly laid out. It says Phantom Ganon shall be a boss character, but will also use an Ocarina... Seriously?

Edited by JaidynReiman
  • Thumbs Up 1