Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

I swear to god if they still don't add Skull Kid

I wonder if the DLC characters will be included in the base game?

Tingle is visible in one of the box art's corner, so maybe?

I swear to god if they still don't add Skull Kid

I wonder if the DLC characters will be included in the base game?

Pretty sure they will be, yeah. Tingle is on the box art and the title translates as "Hyrule Warriors All-Stars" so the characters are bound to be the focus here - the more the merrier!

• Thumbs Up 1

I've wanted HW on 3DS ever since it came out on Wii U so, needless to say, I'm really happy about this. Tetra and the King of Red Lions are awesome additions and I can't wait to try 'em out! 

GameXplain cranks up the ol' analysis machine on the reveal trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBjieFmgVPY

WHAT? Seriously?! I always said that the only thing that was missing, for me, in Hyrule Warriors was a better representation from games like the Wind Waker and now there is a new game for the 3DS with that and even more....I just don't know I to feel about this.

I don't like having to buy a new game for something I could buy in a DLC pack. I mean I'm happy they are giving more recognition to my favorite game, but I will be seriously disappointed if this doesn't come as DLC for the Wii U game.

Maybe I'm speaking to soon since this was a leak and all, and we don't have all the details, but if the game is just a portable version of the Wii U version with just a few extra bells and whistles added to it then count me out for the 3DS version.

Okay so i just caught this in the trailer:

kPxqi4d.gif

His sword just kinda...pops in.

Anyway, I now regret buying the Wii U version.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't regret buying the Wii U version lol. I'm sure they'll add these characters in new DLC packs for the Wii U version of the game anyway. Or maybe have a full expansion pack of some sort.

So they did go with Daphnes. Nice.

Man, the 3DS version look way more brighter. It's probably for the best though, or else the game will look super muddy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, they gave it a cel-shaded texture.

I think we'll likely also get a Wii U expansion along with this. They clearly know people love seeing more characters playable, and with this, the only games that haven't gotten DLC packs yet are OOT and SS. Well, I count the WW as DLC for the Wii U version, since it is.

We'll have to wait and see, though...

Oh, and GANONDORF Amiibo support as well. Ganondorf weapon ftw! Perhaps they'd make it Katana based on Wind Waker...

It hasn't even been a year since the first game and already we've got news of a new one. Classic Koei.

It hasn't even been a year since the first game and already we've got news of a new one. Classic Koei.

I don't regret buying the Wii U version lol. I'm sure they'll add these characters in new DLC packs for the Wii U version of the game anyway. Or maybe have a full expansion pack of some sort.

My point was that I think the 3DS version is waaaay more my kind of thing and I wish I hadn't bought the Wii U version

• Thumbs Up 1

I like having the game on the big screen. I think there's reasons for having both; for the Wii U version is great for having more room to see what you're doing, and the 3DS version for being able to play it on the go. As long as they have separate game modes on 3DS I think both would definitely be worth a buy.

I just hope that the multiple characters per level thing is patched into the Wii U version. You can even see your captains in the Wii U version, so it shouldn't be too difficult to handle. I'd also like to see the ability to use various weapons with other characters.

Can't wait to play as Tetra, we'll finally get to see her perform amazing moves and even wield a pistol. XD Yet poor WW Link will be missing out on all the fun.

Oh, and GANONDORF Amiibo support as well. Ganondorf weapon ftw! Perhaps they'd make it Katana based on Wind Waker...

Zelda didn't get a specific weapon, just something 3-stars or higher. Ganondorf could also go that route, I hope not.

Link was the only one with a specific weapon.

Zelda didn't get a specific weapon, just something 3-stars or higher. Ganondorf could also go that route, I hope not.

Link was the only one with a specific weapon.

That's true, but Ganondorf could use a new weapon a lot more. (Link didn't really need a new weapon, either.)

Can't wait to play as Tetra, we'll finally get to see her perform amazing moves and even wield a pistol. XD Yet poor WW Link will be missing out on all the fun.

I'm fine with that. Tetra has more to work with. Toon Link has to compete with both Young Link and Adult Link, who already have tons of tons in those movesets.

Okay so i just caught this in the trailer:

kPxqi4d.gif

His sword just kinda...pops in.

Anyway, I now regret buying the Wii U version.

Yeah, it's missing the diamond effects. Probably just not added yet

You guys think they'll add new story segments?

I think they will. Maybe not exclusively to the 3DS version, though. I think it can have an expansion on Wii U with more story missions or a larger expanded story.

So nobody talking about this leak ?http://m.imgur.com/bFAPVEl

It happened yesterday when SoJ tweeted this by mistake, it seems the Sonic amiibo would unlock Sonic in this version of Hyrule Warriors.

It's fake. I don't get why people still believe this as it's pretty obvious that they slapped the Link Sonic artwork from the Lost World's Zelda DLC.

I don't really see any reason why Sonic would be in HW either. Why Sonic specifically? They might as well just have Koei make their own Warriors crossover, which I doubt would happen anyway. And of all the characters who have an Amiibo that could be added to HW, Sonic?! They'd probably go for the FE characters first if anyone.