Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

I'm honestly wondering why people are confused about Skull Kid. I figured for sure that'd be happen honestly. Yeah, Skull Kid was in a previous DLC pack as a costume, but this isn't the same thing, its a new game with the content transferable to the Wii U.

Still wondering if there will be a story expansion featuring Skull Kid in it. No word on him not being in a story expansion, so I'd think he likely will. Which may just mean we'll get an MM path during the timeline split. So probably Young Link won't be featured during this section, but Skull Kid and Tingle will (if this is the case).

Also, at this point I'm pretty sure we've only got about two characters left. Its been estimated that the roster slots filled out to the max will fit roughly 25 characters in Legends. There's no room for any major expansions, but I can see us getting 1 more character from other games already represented in HW, namely, OOT and SS, both of which are lacking (you'd have to stretch it but if you count Sheik as OOT and Impa as SS then both have 3, but that's iffy). With three now for Wind Waker and Majora's Mask, I think the most likely bet is one more from OOT (Saria) and one more from SS (Groose).

They could pick characters other than Saria and Groose, but both are extremely popular characters not playable in the game, and both are the most important characters in the existing games who aren't playable. Its simply a safe bet for it to be these two.

Here's hoping we get Majora's Mask stages revealed alongside Skull Kid. I don't think the MM stage or enemies (except Helmarok King) was leaked early with Toon Link, so I definitely think there's a strong possibility we can get MM stages and enemies revealed here.

Also, here's another reason to think they're only having a few more characters: the game releases in January in Japan and a month ago they revealed one character, a stage, a boss, and a set of new enemies. This week we get Skull Kid and another boss, and perhaps stages will be revealed, too. There's two months left, enough time for two more similar reveals. Since we now got Skull Kid as well, its likely the last of new game reveals, too, so this game will end with just expanding to the last major 3D title.

People are surprised at Skull Kid because he was in technically by virtue of Young Link. It'd be like if a assist trophy in Smash 4 got to also be a DLC character despite already being in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, but this is a brand new game. Skull Kid was only locked out of that set of DLC packs, but that doesn't prevent him from getting in via future DLC packs or another game.

Except Young Link and his original move set are included in this game(which isn't really that new, as it's akin to super street fighter 4), so people fairly assumed since SK showed up in that form, he probably wouldn't show up as a playable. 

I was never arguing that it couldn't happen, I was arguing for why people assumed it wouldn't.:/

Edited by Michael Munroe

Phantom Ganon? I really hope that his design in Hyrule Warriors will be the same one as before in OoT 3D like Ruto and Darunia. I'm glad that he's not a playable character.

Except Young Link and his original move set are included in this game(which isn't really that new, as it's akin to super street fighter 4), so people fairly assumed since SK showed up in that form, he probably wouldn't show up as a playable. 

I was never arguing that it couldn't happen, I was arguing for why people assumed it wouldn't.:/

Yeah, I suppose it is the Young Link thing. I honestly don't know why Skull Kid is in that anyway, he doesn't even need to be.

Phantom Ganon? I really hope that his design in Hyrule Warriors will be the same one as before in OoT 3D like Ruto and Darunia. I'm glad that he's not a playable character.

The first article I read about it (not Nintendo Everything) said he was based on OOT.

Are the scans anywhere? I can't seem to find them.

Also, next up should be Deku Butler and Mikau. Not those losers Saria and Groose =P

Are the scans anywhere? I can't seem to find them.

Also, next up should be Deku Butler and Mikau. Not those losers Saria and Groose =P

For one thing, we've already got two other MM characters. Like it or not Tingle and Young Link are based on MM. One more character each for Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword gives us 4 characters for the original three games represented in the main Hyrule Warriors and then 3 characters for the newly added ones; Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.

No, the scans aren't up yet. Usually there's an early Famitsu leak in the week, and the full scans drop by the weekend. Roughly Thursday or Friday. Interestingly, as I recall for Toon Link, when Toon Link first dropped we only heard about Toon Link himself and the boss (also, in the initial reveal we learned that Toon Link would not be in Legend Mode; almost kinda implying that Skull Kid will be, since we didn't hear that about him). After the full update dropped, we also learned about a new stage, a new item, and a new set of enemies.

This time around could be similar, and maybe we'll learn about a new Majora's Mask stage and MM enemies.

We'll have to wait and see, though.

I saw scans on NintendoEverything earlier; I'll go and dig them up.  It's Wind Waker Phantom Ganon, by the way.

...And here's the article.  Edit: Pictures removed, as they stopped working sometime after I posted them.  (Although Athena's down the page weren't working for me a minute ago, but now they are.  Maybe they're just temperamental.)

Edited by FFWF

Is there a new stage in there? One of the screenshots looks like its in an area with giant stone columns with spikes jutting out from them. I don't recognize it at all. Looks like another WW stage...

Other screenshots are hard to tell, namely most of the ones with Skull Kid, bu it looks like its just Faron Woods.

Hopefully there's a maskless Skull Kid costume!

Wait... WTF IS THAT THE EARTH TEMPLE?!

I heard you asked for scans, soooooooo here we go.

weekly-famitsu-hyrule-legends-scan-1-837weekly-famitsu-hyrule-legends-scan-2-837

weekly-famitsu-hyrule-legends-scan-3-837weekly-famitsu-hyrule-legends-scan-4-837

Yeah, the third page with Phantom Ganon. Aren't those screenshots there depicting the Earth Temple? I highly doubt its part of the Great Sea stage.

The Skull Kid screenshots look iffy, they don't quite look the same as Faron Woods, but I'm assuming they are right now.

Also, isn't it interesting that Skull Kid doesn't seem to fight with ANY of Majora's Mask's moves? I smell another boss incoming. I think Majora's Mask will be a surprise boss in a new unannounced expansion. Unless we get confirmation Skull Kid isn't in Legend Mode, then I'm calling it right now. And when the initial Famitsu scans leaked for Toon Link we knew IMMEDIATELY he wasn't in Legend Mode. If they don't say Skull Kid isn't, I think he will be.

EDIT: On GameFAQs people have noted seeing the Wind Temple in those screenshots. I can't quite make it out; is it at the bottom of the last page? That's the only thing I can see. Another possibility I've read is that this stage could be Ganon's Tower instead, which would explain the boss arena of the Earth Temple as well as elements of the Wind Temple. I'd not be shocked, but I think the stage would be called "Flooded Hyrule" to differentiate it from the main Legend Mode "Ganon's Tower" stage.

EDIT AGAIN:

Forget my previous edit. Anyway, it seems they're basing Phantom Ganon off of FSA? Huh. That's convenient. So it seems like its similar to other bosses where they draw them from various games instead of just the 3D titles. Still, though, even previous bosses like Gohma take a lot of inspiration from their 3D game counterparts.

The only established boss that doesn't act in the same way is Manhandla, but it'd be pretty difficult for Manhandla to act exactly as it did in the 2D games and make it work well.

I think we'll get a Majora's Mask boss revealed soon, and maybe we could get Twinrova but they'll be based on the Oracles.

Edited by JaidynReiman

Qsey3AR.png

As of Hyrule Warriors Legends, representation across the entire 3D series is pretty much equal. 

This is good. Hopefully that means they'll focus less on these games going forward. There are a few favorites of mine missing but I think It'd be better for the game to branch out a bit into more obscure/original characters

Personally, out of the 3D games I still want Nabooru, Groose, and Saria. Out of the 2D games, I'd love to see Veran and Onox. Although Twinrova would be cool to see two, as they would be both a 2D and 3D rep.

Qsey3AR.png

As of Hyrule Warriors Legends, representation across the entire 3D series is pretty much equal. 

This is good. Hopefully that means they'll focus less on these games going forward. There are a few favorites of mine missing but I think It'd be better for the game to branch out a bit into more obscure/original characters

I wouldn't really count the costumes/recurring characters as part of that. Sheik and Impa in-game represent OOT and SS, respectively, meaning OOT and SS are down one from TP. I'd like to see these two get bumped up to four and then they can move on.

I recall them saying that they may consider older games as DLC, probably meaning older games not in the games represented now. Since they revealed Skull Kid instead of a new franchise, I think they'll add one SS and OOT into the main roster, and then start adding older characters through DLC and then HW2.

EDIT:

Skull Kid confirmed for Legend Mode.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/306/G030631/20151009055/

http://zeldawiki.org/File:HWL_Skull_Kid_Cutscene.jpg

Edited by JaidynReiman

Are the new maps coming to Wii U, or is it just the characters? 

Pretty sure its all coming to Wii U.

EDIT:

[Public relations] that Halloween just around the corner, providing Lana stalked costume picture. All Wii U "Zelda warriors' add content costume also included in"Zelda warriors hiralallsters' I ♪

According to @zelda_musou on Twitter, it seems like all Wii U costumes will be Legends as well. This is a nice confirmation, since its the first time we've received word that any past DLC content besides characters will be in Legends. Its a bad translation (I just used Twitter's innate translate feature that uses Bing translate), but it seems to get the point across well enough.

Wow we've heard no news here in a while. Well, there will be a new trailer next week (and most likely a new Famitsu article) so this will definitely get bumped up.

Edited by JaidynReiman

• 4 weeks later...

[BUMP]

Hate doing this, but some good stuff coming out.

First off, new character trailer revealed for Tetra:

According to this article, it seems like the website update confirms Daphnes will be next week, likely meaning weekly character trailers:

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/hyrule-warriors-legends-character-trailer-1-tetra/

We'll likely get a new article in Famitsu next week as well announcing the next character. The Famitsu articles have always been the second week of the month... though I speculated the next article would be this week, since the first "full" week is the first week this time, but we didn't get an article. If they do character trailers weekly and don't reveal any new content this month, they'll quickly run out of things to show off, so I'm positive there will be a new article in Famitsu.

Whether we get new weapons or just characters is the question. If we get only characters, we could likely have 9 new characters if the final character is revealed at the start of January (Ganondorf was revealed in this sort of way; he was the final character revealed and was revealed in the HW Direct a week before the Japanese launch of the game. It releases on the 20th of January in Japan, so the last info will probably come out at the start of January, likely with a launch trailer later in the month.

So, looking at her design and at the trailer (the cutscene where she comes out of her house and there's a bunch of villagers or whatever), it seems like she isn't actually a "female Link" so much as someone who just dresses up like him (and named herself after him?). Like she's basically setting out on an adventure and decided to dress up like the legendary hero because he's cool and shit

Not sure how I feel about that, but it'd be pretty interesting if it's true. Especially since personally the diea of "another goddamn Link only this one isn't even from any actual Zelda games" wasn't really one that appealed to me

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

She seems to be a female Link in a conceptual sense rather than a literal one. She has her own backstory and personality and seems to be a separate character, but clearly has a lot of parallels with the main hero. I think that's a good approach, and she looks cool.

She seems to be a female Link in a conceptual sense rather than a literal one. She has her own backstory and personality and seems to be a separate character, but clearly has a lot of parallels with the main hero. I think that's a good approach, and she looks cool.

Except her backstory is a carbon-copy clone of Link's from TP pretty much.

I like the look of her fighting style and how she's updated since the concept art. Otherwise she's meh.