Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

30 minutes ago, Spooks said:

I wonder who Tika will play as. Cop? Scientist? Shop owner? 

Probably cop since she's a lead role. But she could be a scientist. Maybe she works at Robotnik's company? 

I think Eggman will look closer to 06 simply because he'll be played by an actual human man. Probably.

7 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Probably cop since she's a lead role. But she could be a scientist. Maybe she works at Robotnik's company? 

Isn’t she going to be the female lead? I’m not sure who will she be playing as? A government agent or some random girl? I think that James guy might be playing the cop. Tika could also be playing as another cop. Who knows?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/09/tika-sumpter-female-lead-sonic-hedgehog-movie/

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Isn’t she going to be the female lead? I’m not sure who will she be playing as? A government agent or some random girl? I think that James guy might be playing the cop. Tika could also be playing as another cop. Who knows?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/09/tika-sumpter-female-lead-sonic-hedgehog-movie/

I would cry of despair if she ends up being a government agent named Rouge. I would just... Look, I'm open to a lot of things, but making a character who's a cartoon bat into a completely human character just doesn't sit well with me. 

1 hour ago, Spooks said:

I would cry of despair if she ends up being a government agent named Rouge. I would just... Look, I'm open to a lot of things, but making a character who's a cartoon bat into a completely human character just doesn't sit well with me. 

I wouldn’t worry about that. I highly doubt that she will be Rouge. I was speculating what kind of role she will be playing. I think she will be some random girl who will help Sonic and the Cop. Or maybe, she will play an veterinarian who work at an small town animal hospital?

Also, I wouldn’t mind some cameos of the SEGA staff in the movie.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah I could see her being some simple town girl who's perfect and nice and whatever, while Tom is flawed. I really hope she is a cop too but I doubt it, with Sonic being the partner.

On 7/4/2018 at 2:34 AM, SBR2 said:

I think it's just fanboys who turn into screaming hellspawn if you dare say Eggman refusing to call him anything but Robotnik.

.. or former and oldschool fans on boards outside of the Sonic fandom. If they really talk about the movie you get a "I hope they call him Robotnik" or "It's Robotnik not Eggman!" once in a while.

I wonder if they would make an tie-in video game for the movie, or they could make a mobile game like so many other movies do to promote.

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

I wonder if they would make an tie-in video game for the movie, or they could make a mobile game like so many other movies do to promote.

That's an definite obvious, just look at Ratchet & Clank, Jurassic World & Pirates of the Caribbean. As all those games based on movies did really well, so I don't see why the Sonic film will be any different. You can almost bet that their working on the game right at this moment.

20 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I wouldn’t worry about that. I highly doubt that she will be Rouge. I was speculating what kind of role she will be playing. I think she will be some random girl who will help Sonic and the Cop. Or maybe, she will play an veterinarian who work at an small town animal hospital?

Also, I wouldn’t mind some cameos of the SEGA staff in the movie.

Awww, a veterinarian sounds adorable! I can already see her taking a liking to Sonic from the get-go. 

32 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

I don’t know about this, but it look like there isn’t likely to be any movie news reveal there, according to this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tssznews/status/1015007665573986305

I don't think there will be movie news either. It's still too early for SEGA to intentionally give out deep details about the movie.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Spooks said:

I don't think there will be movie news either. It's still too early for SEGA to intentionally give out deep details about the movie.

Well, since, the movie will start filming like the end of July. Yea, I think you right, they probably not ready yet to reveal more. I’m starting to think we might get more movie info at different times. 

5 minutes ago, Spooks said:

There could be maybe slight film details, like characters, voice actors or test animations. Probably very little to no focus on the film. Now they said Surprise announcements and upcoming games. I believe that a game based on the film could be hinted at or announced at SDCC and won't show footage until PSX 2018 or E3 2019. Kind of like how Sony announced Ratchet & Clank PS4 at E3 2014, but didn't show a trailer, instead they had the film trailer in its place. Or another example would be the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy, it was announced at E3 2016, but no trailer or gameplay was shown until PSX 2016. So I think the same could go for a Sonic Movie game, announce it then show a trailer or gameplay months later.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

There could be maybe slight film details, like characters, voice actors or test animations. Probably very little to no focus on the film. Now they said Surprise announcements and upcoming games. I believe that a game based on the film could be hinted at or announced at SDCC and won't show footage until PSX 2018 or E3 2019. Kind of like how Sony announced Ratchet & Clank PS4 at E3 2014, but didn't show a trailer, instead they had the film trailer in its place. Or another example would be the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy, it was announced at E3 2016, but no trailer or gameplay was shown until PSX 2016. So I think the same could go for a Sonic Movie game, announce it then show a trailer or gameplay months later.

There could be some. I’m not sure if Paramount will attend Comic Con. It’s doesn’t seem likely, unfortunately.

BTW, I could see Progressive making an an commercial with Sonic appear again to promote the movie.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BY_H4d68IUc

4A13C7C3-DEB9-4762-B572-7E638F2E7CD4.jpeg.bb5ed39ec128b2c281710358eb33d89b.jpeg

Also, maybe Soap Shoes will make an shoe for the movie. Oh, wait. They don’t exist anymore. Maybe Puma will make shoes for the movie. They already partnered with Sega before.

So, what companies do you guys like to see to promote the movie?

A6CC6023-2C67-4FC9-B450-59301BD003EC.jpeg.366f99db54492d2af7adadcde7a5afee.jpeg

I could see Sonic Drive-In promote the movie. I mean Sonic have been involved in fast food before.

7CEBDF26-D5A1-4311-8BB0-E714246B09EB.thumb.jpeg.bfabfd03726f4fcdc6c3741a8ed1ddac.jpeg

07BBC7FE-CDD1-4E04-9A03-38A74CA079BF.thumb.jpeg.89d1180dc1a9cb5731892c598fb2418d.jpeg9A387643-94EF-4DD8-8AF0-CFB701B88F36.jpeg.024fb5ce83b097a7d95682e80b08cf0b.jpeg

So, I’m surprised that Sonic Drive-In haven’t partnered with Sega yet. Even Nintendo partnered with them to promote a game a few years ago. LOL.

191EE520-6E22-4888-A3FF-AC966B021830.jpeg.2070a8394932727e91048ecd1ce3b04d.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

For all the people who keep saying the movie will be for little kids, Patrick:

Even he's getting tired of it 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

Ooooh I'm getting more excited! According to Common Sense Media, which has parental suggestions for all three of these movies/TV shows, there is a moderate to high level of violence, language, and sexual intimacy. Furious and Golan are aimed at ages 15+, and Deadpool is for adults (for obvious reasons). If the Sonic movie receives similar ratings on Common Sense Media and similar sites, I would not be surprised at all if it gets a PG 13 rating. 

Sources: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/tv-reviews/golan-the-insatiable-fxx

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/fast-furious

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/deadpool

3 minutes ago, Spooks said:

Ooooh I'm getting more excited! According to Common Sense Media, which has parental suggestions for all three of these movies/TV shows, there is a moderate to high level of violence, language, and sexual intimacy, all three (with the exception of Deadpool, of course) being aimed at ages 15+. If the Sonic movie receives similar ratings on sites like Common Sense Media, I would not be surprised at all if it gets a PG 13 rating. 

Sources: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/tv-reviews/golan-the-insatiable-fxx

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/fast-furious

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/deadpool

The original script was written as a PG-13 script so that's kinda what I'm expecting. 

Also you've never seen Fast and Furious, Haha. It's definitely not "aimed at kids" that's for sure. 

2 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Also you've never seen Fast and Furious, Haha. It's definitely not "aimed at kids" that's for sure. 

I've never gotten too into Fast and Furious. But I know that's it's not for kids; for teens, at youngest. 

5 minutes ago, Spooks said:

I've never gotten too into Fast and Furious. But I know that's it's not for kids; for teens, at youngest. 

Yup. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Sonic making an inappropriate, juvenile joke or something. I really like the idea of Sonic starting out as a snarky asshole with a devil may care attitude

13 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Yup. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Sonic making an inappropriate, juvenile joke or something. I really like the idea of Sonic starting out as a snarky asshole with a devil may care attitude

Me too. And then slowly warming up to Tom and whoever else he meets. XD

• Fist Bump 1

Now ratings wise for the film I expect a Jurassic World or Pirates of the Caribbean type of rating, as I'm sure Sega still wants the film to be rated to where anyone of any age can see it. Since all of the Sonic games are E or E10+ it's reasonable this film will follow a similar rating.

6 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Now ratings wise for the film I expect a Jurassic World or Pirates of the Caribbean type of rating, as I'm sure Sega still wants the film to be rated to where anyone of any age can see it. Since all of the Sonic games are E or E10+ it's reasonable this film will follow a similar rating.

Same. But it won't be PG aimed at 8 year olds.

39 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Same. But it won't be PG aimed at 8 year olds.

True. But I'm not expecting anything along the lines of Ratchet & Clank or Angry Birds. Now if this film was fully animated then it would possibly be PG then it would be on the same level of How To Train Your Dragon 3.