Awoo.

YouTube and Google +

Xtremer Sadiqachu

Ok, I REALLY need to post this here, because of how utterly ASININE it is.

I temporarily disconnected my YouTube account, and when I went to go connect it back, It got an error sign. It said my Google+ account has been terminated.

I went to Google+ to see what was up, and saw this.

2iazasg.jpg

The reason I can't use YouTube is because they don't think my name is real. Which it isn't, but why the fuck should I have to put in my correct name? What if I don't want people to know my full name? They try to convince us to use this, and they give us THIS bullshit? Facebook doesn't fucking do this.

• Thumbs Up 3

It took me twenty minutes of sorting through menus, but I finally managed to erase my Google+ account and disconnect my YouTube account so I didn't lose all my subscriptions.

Good riddance.

Oi vey, the comments section is such a mess these days! What was wrong with having oldest to youngest arranged and being able to open up replies lickety split!? Why must I now scramble about with these!?

I've been having this problem for a while now, and it's really annoying. Basically, YouTube keeps changing my username to my real name, as of course, they are forcing Google+ intergration now. It does this every day, and even when I change it back to my username, it changes it again the next day. Is there a way I can stop this? Quite frankly, I don't want random people knowing my real name.

This whole Google+ thing is a load of shit, the service should be severed from YouTube.

I've been having this problem for a while now, and it's really annoying. Basically, YouTube keeps changing my username to my real name, as of course, they are forcing Google+ intergration now. It does this every day, and even when I change it back to my username, it changes it again the next day. Is there a way I can stop this? Quite frankly, I don't want random people knowing my real name.

This whole Google+ thing is a load of shit, the service should be severed from YouTube.

Well your first name is in your username sooo...

It does allow you to simply put your last name as a single letter. So you could just put that at the end as an initial.

It's kind of annoying that Google is desperately trying to get users on Google +, and now they are doing this? CRAZY. In fact, Google ADMITS (Link below) that the integration increased spamming and trolling.

And now they are going to let people send emails to any G Plus user. Watch out for the trolls and spammers.

http://boingboing.net/2013/11/27/google-admits-that-youtubegoo.html

All I'm going to say is that I don't have a YouTube account, and the way things are at the moment, I don't plan to change that any time soon.

I haven't been able to comment at all because evidently I have to allow Google to fuck with my page in order to do so. It ain't worth it.

A petition calling on Google to scrap the move was also launched on change.org. It has received more than 200,000 signatures since then. YouTube's latest change received a mixed reaction from users. Andrew Maxwell commented on the post saying the move was "going to make YouTube a better platform for commenting and interacting I think. Like your email inbox".

So much for customer feedback acknowledgement. The "Send Feedback" at the bottom probably doesn't even need to be there anymore.  YouTube is not a fucking email service or a social networking website. 

• 1 month later...

So did anyone want a new layout? No? Too bad! Spread your sweaty cheeks for Youtube 2014 - now with bar at the top that never goes away no matter what!

So did anyone want a new layout? No? Too bad! Spread your sweaty cheeks for Youtube 2014 - now with bar at the top that never goes away no matter what!

Actually, I think it's quite alright. While I can see how the constant search bar at the top could get annoying for some after a while, I personally think I'd find it very useful.

I'm not registered to YouTube, but: Wasn't there something in a bar on the left before?  And when I watch videos, the edge of the video is literally flush with the left-hand side of the screen, there isn't a border or anything.  I'm never sure these days how much YouTube weirdness is another broken redesign or just my aging computer.

I seem to be having an issue with this new update where whenever I click off the previous video, it'll continue to play on the next video's page, and the one after, and the one after etc. until I refresh the page and I get the proper video... then it starts again once I click off.

A+ programming by Google, making your user experience better with every update~!

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually haven't had that to me yet.

My Favorites page is all ballsed up, though. *sigh*

I seem to be having an issue with this new update where whenever I click off the previous video, it'll continue to play on the next video's page, and the one after, and the one after etc. until I refresh the page and I get the proper video... then it starts again once I click off.

A+ programming by Google, making your user experience better with every update~!

Thank fuck I'm not the only one experiencing this.

The layout is also annoying. I know I'm going to adapt like I did with every other update, but seriously, why do they feel the need to update the site constantly? They're not improving it or making it more accessible, they're just changing it for the hell of it. Why?

The layout is also annoying. I know I'm going to adapt like I did with every other update, but seriously, why do they feel the need to update the site constantly? They're not improving it or making it more accessible, they're just changing it for the hell of it. Why?

Not sure if it's stupid, but I shrunk my screen a little in protest. If the video being stretched to the entire left side of the screen is part of the update, then that's the only way I can keep my sanity.

C'mon Youtube, that's not how you do widescreen.

Their constant changes are to subtly force us to adapt to the point that their eventual microtransaction/secret spy network that they built together in a backroom deal with the NSA/CIA to scout out potential hazards in "homeland security" to eventually bring the entire world under the MURRICAN POLICE STATE OF THE EARTH will slip by us without us realizing it!

/joke don't take this seriously.

• 2 months later...

Hmm, so they're starting the slow process of getting rid of Google+ altogether. Honestly, I won't miss it as a whole -- truth be told, despite my earlier bitching about people bitching about it, it was always a meh service to me -- but I hope they don't wind up scrapping the Google Photos thing along with it. That's actually pretty useful for me.