Awoo.

YouTube and Google +

Xtremer Sadiqachu

Best avoid the comments for a while anyway.

Visit again in like a year or two.

Seriously, why can't we just go back in time to a better Youtube?

Rather than make the comments better, the entire section of comments has been flooded with spam. It's only a matter of time before they start posting pictures of spam to each other [Google, please do not introduce picture sharing in the next update].

Edited by DarkRula

It's only a matter of time before they start posting pictures of spam to each other 

spam5.jpg

I'm sorry.

• Thumbs Up 7

Refrain from sharing the VP's direct contact information here. I don't want to have to deal with that sort of backlash should something be taken the wrong way.

I know you're all upset about YouTube and Google+ -- but taking it out on their VP is not the answer. There's a very high probability that they're already fully aware of the reception that their changes have garnered.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's a very good opt-in beta feature called Youtube Feather. It's basically a lighter version of youtube meant for slower connections, but I found that it does a great job of cutting out the bloat from the regular youtube pages.

I still think the VP should hear the people he ticked off by his decisions, but whatever...

There's a very good opt-in beta feature called Youtube Feather. It's basically a lighter version of youtube meant for slower connections, but I found that it does a great job of cutting out the bloat from the regular youtube pages.

So in order for me to use Youtube I have to downgrade?

No, I don't care how good this feature is its just covering up what the main issues are. it'll just be an excuse for youtube to weasel out of this.

Edited by goku262002

Well, guess its time for me to avoid those then, ive already been subject to having my picture taken and a fake FBI notice to pay over 10 grand once because I got taken to a site once and its definitely not happening again because of G+'s stupid changes.

>benchmarks show that AMD is better

why would you bother expanding that comment to begin with?

I wouldn't (especially knowing that the user name is obviously fake) but I tend to let curiosity get the best of me in some situations.

So remember how we all thought there was no way to deal with comments on your youtube videos unless you had google+? Well there is.

First, go to your "Video Manager" menu.

Then find the video you want to manage comments on.

To the right of that video should be the 'view stats, (thumbs up/down/ stats and comments icons)

Click on the comment icon.

You can now remove, report, mark as spam. Just as you could before.

Just been doing some experiments on one of my YT test account. It seems that if you do remeove a comment, the comment counter thinks it's still there, but it will not show up anymore on the video itself.  

This is great if you get any of those odd comments or ones which have virus links in them that are going around but you don't have G+ linked.

They've not outrightly removed this, just removed it from the video itself to the video manager section of the website.

So remember how we all thought there was no way to deal with comments on your youtube videos unless you had google+? Well there is.

First, go to your "Video Manager" menu.

Then find the video you want to manage comments on.

To the right of that video should be the 'view stats, (thumbs up/down/ stats and comments icons)

Click on the comment icon.

You can now remove, report, mark as spam. Just as you could before.

Just been doing some experiments on one of my YT test account. It seems that if you do remeove a comment, the comment counter thinks it's still there, but it will not show up anymore on the video itself.  

This is great if you get any of those odd comments or ones which have virus links in them that are going around but you don't have G+ linked.

They've not outrightly removed this, just removed it from the video itself to the video manager section of the website.

Great! Now we can deal with the thousands of Barack Obamas that have been appearing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LUmMpOkvQA

And speaking seriously...the "Bob comments" That are becoming annoying

I really doubt this'll last all that long, especially with prominent YT names complaining about it.

As well as that, there'll definitely be a severe lack of comments. You're move, Google. Gonna take out the bullet you just put in your foot or what?

Right, so I just came into this topic after just now getting the prompt over whether to use my real name.

Figured that the second choice would allow me to continue using my user name, so I clicked it thinking that all will be well. I make a comment on my username, but then I see my real name. Just...wow.

Yeah, I'm late to the party, but I figured that this was the perfect place to vent like everyone else after this took place. Either I wasn't paying attention (which if I wasn't I probably wouldn't have tried to avoid it), or that is some dishonest shit.

Figured that the second choice would allow me to continue using my user name, so I clicked it thinking that all will be well. I make a comment on my username, but then I see my real name. Just...wow.

Yeah, I'm late to the party, but I figured that this was the perfect place to vent like everyone else after this took place. Either I wasn't paying attention (which if I wasn't I probably wouldn't have tried to avoid it), or that is some dishonest shit.

Can you not change it back/drop the google+?

I've seen a few videos saying it's possible without having your whole account deleted. I think it's in the top right of youtube you can unlink you G+ account.

Also can I ask, did you definately pick the 'I want to keep my youtube name?'

Can you not change it back/drop the google+?

I've seen a few videos saying it's possible without having your whole account deleted. I think it's in the top right of youtube you can unlink you G+ account.

Also can I ask, did you definately pick the 'I want to keep my youtube name?'

I don't really know if I can, but I'm sure I've tried.

I forgot what I picked tho. All I know is that I was trying to avoid having it linked to where it would use my real name, and after that I got so annoyed and tried to undo it.

Especially since you can see more than one of them in the comments section for each video, and all of them are a little bit different.

And apparently people fail to realise that "this Bob guy is a faggot" or "STOP APAMMING OR I'LL SHOOT BOB" is no less fucking annoying. Seriously, you thought thousands of Barack Obamas was bad?