Awoo.

[Badge Contest] Werehog Winners!

LATER BUDDY

Yet another submission. Hope you don't mind. I can't be arsed to color this because I have a headache @_@ I intended it's colour scheme it be predominantly midnight blue, green 'irises' and neon-coloured markings of the like seen on Dark Gaia's minions i.e The Night enemies in Unleashed.

s2eepz.png

Metal Werehog.

It's segmented arms are capable of stretching fair distances due to two super strong polymer cables with tremendous elasticity running through each arm and linking each segment. The arms are segmented to facilitate longer reach. These cables have enormous resilience to snapping. The blades that compose it's 'fingers' are titanium that have been sharpened with industrial diamonds, making all four claws on each arm capable of slicing and penetrating through sheet steel with ease after a particularly forceful strike.

It's power source are fragments of Dark Gaia, siphoned from Dr Eggman's fusion furnace which had been invented to piece back together the monster. The vents on the top of it's arms disperse purple smoke when it is utilizing Dark Gaia's fragments to mobilize itself more efficiently, going into 'Unleashed Mode'. Because it does not have an everlasting source of fuel and is threatened with deactivation if it runs out, it only activates Unleashed Mode when it is in trouble and conserves the energy derived from Dark Gaia's fragments carefully.

Nevertheless, it has a very pronounced aggressive streak and it's AI has been honed to the point that it can use it's arms and claws in remarkably creative ways. It has been known to lock-on to it's targets and then use the arms like a makeshift slingshot by holding onto objects either side of it, walk backwards as far as it can and then let go, body-slamming anything in front of it with both speed and power. Metal Werehog's structure is extremely resilient and has hefty bulk which means it can perform this manoever without damaging itself.

• Thumbs Up 6

Ok, so here is my final entry, its a bit for fun, say hello to WEREDROSS!!!! DUN DUN DUN

weredross1.jpg

weredross3.jpgweredross2.jpg

Note, the original model I modified was a trophy rip from SSB from The modelers resource, could have done it from scratch, however I didnt quite have hte time or focus, so I just modified the Trophy XD

• Thumbs Up 8

ythkgt0.png 

SIE SIND DAS ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JAGER~

... I see I wasn't the only one with this mindset. XD

dpu6.png

I may just use this as my wallpaper. If anyone cares, here's the link to my entry in the last werehog contest. I actually drew it!... so click at your own risk.

• Thumbs Up 6

Super awesome stuffs so far guys! (dun be offended if I didn't hit "like" on every single one, I run out sometimes, D:!)

Just a quick reminder that you have until midnight tonight Pacific Time (so like another 7 and a half hours roughly) to get your submission in before it's over!

At that time I'll be locking up the topic with what's going on next, like how you'll give me your votes for which are the top 3 favorites of yours based on creativity.

Just barely made it to get my second entry in on time, whoo!

yhzSKg2.png

Sly Cooper made a poor choice reading the Theivius Werehogus, and now he has discovered a lot of his acrobatic feats aren't quite as easy as they were before. That extra weight is killer.

Edited by Ogil.exe Maurice
  • Thumbs Up 2

Behold! The world's worst contest entry, even beating out mine from last year! He who never retreats, never regret, and never has quality standards! 

yu64.png

WERE-MINA!

i'm so sorry

• Thumbs Up 2

OMG it's almost finished?! Better get some done, now!

Ok here we go...Were!Kaabii and Were!Purin!

xtg3.png

qawp.png

I had to rush these, knowing that it was already finishing tonight! ;-; Ah well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Coming in from a recently conjured portal is my second, and due to time, final entry: Were -  Yugo!

5LE2e43.jpg

This young Wer - Eliatrope and his Tofu Az have never looked meaner!

Whew, made it. I know this topic will be locked pretty soon, but I'll post the other concept I had later on in a different thread. I had fun with this contest. Can't wait for the next one! B)

• Thumbs Up 2

Was actually about to go to sleep but randomly got a second wind and finished this within 5 minutes of 12am in my timezone:

wereluffycr1_zps5e1ad8a3.png

"Gum Guuuum- WERE-PISTOL!"

Surprised I didn't do this last year or something.

• Thumbs Up 8

Oh God, I've been going back and forth on this thing. I wanted to paint it in Photoshop then not do it at all when I lost my tablet pen but then I got greedy at the last second and wanted a potential "multiple entries" badge just in case I didn't win and holy run on sentences, Batman!!!

WereGodzillaSmall_zps40dbadf6.png

WereGodzilla, 2014 edition, because he's so badass.

• Thumbs Up 9

Oh God, I've been going back and forth on this thing. I wanted to paint it in Photoshop then not do it at all when I lost my tablet pen but then I got greedy at the last second and wanted a potential "multiple entries" badge just in case I didn't win and holy run on sentences, Batman!!!

WereGodzillaSmall_zps40dbadf6.png

WereGodzilla, 2014 edition, because he's so badass.

Well Wereomochao... Weregus... Looks like we wont win this year

For my entry I decided to Werehogify NetHack. I'm sure you are now thinking "what in the name of sanic is NetHack?". Well, it's a text-based game from decades ago. It's a Roguelike/Dungeon crawler in which rooms and monaters are represented by ASCII characters. It's free, check it out if you want (Be warned, it's insanely hard).

The player character is a @ symbol, and monsters are represented by various other letters.

After weeks of being indecisive about what to do, I got this idea, and about 8 hours of work later, I had created this little animation; I call it WereHack:

http://www.fastquake.com/files/werehack.mp4 (It might take a couple seconds to load up after clicking it)

I made it in Blender, and you can get the .blend file here (be warned, due to time constraints I had to do some unorthodox stuff with the bone animation). I know this can't really compete with anime or memes, but I had a lot of fun doing it and I hope to participate in other contests like this should they arise. This is my first time doing organic modeling too, so I learned a lot in that department (hint: The subsurface modifier is your friend).
  • Thumbs Up 5

Dagnabit. I was sure Nicholas Cagehog was the atom bomb here...

They have yet to see my master plan...

It's definitely a deserved win for YoshiUnity. I speak from experience, bots are hard; to do a whole comic featuring them along with kaiju took a whole lot of effort. Congrats dude! x3

• Thumbs Up 3

Aw, and I was so confident that my 2 entries combined would make at least an honorable mention.

Oh well, can't expect to win everything. Congrats to the winners! ^w^

• Thumbs Up 2