Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

Current: Alpina B6 BiTurbo: A car, based on the F12/F13/F06 BMW 650i, that is tuned to reach at least 510 hp.

Past usernames:

Tesla Model S: A car model from Elon Musk's car company, Tesla Motors. Along with the Roadster and the Model X, the Model S is Tesla's best selling car now. Available with 60 kWh, 70 kWh, 85 kWh or 90 kWh batteries. Available with a RWD or AWD drivetrain.

photo.jpg

Here is a photo of Elon Musk if you are lazy to search his name.

Aventador:

My username came from an existing Lamborghini model since 2011.

I love Lamborghini cars since my uncle owned one back in 2012 and I decided to do a research on Lamborghini on google. Because I wanted to know more about their models and the history of the brand.

NFSMW Razor:

Clarence Callahan's nickname from Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005) and Need for Speed: No Limits.

CarFan3635: Just exposing to more cars. Used as 'CF3635' in some other accounts

MB3635: Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG S

Edited by Alpina B6 BiTurbo
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

On a different site I was trying to come up with a username but all my attempts were taken. Then I noticed an empty tub of Marmitecashews on my shelf and decided to try that and it worked. So far it has worked on every site I have used it to create an account for.

Edited by Marmitecashews
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well I use to be many many years ago Shadow Wannabe, which is kind of obvious and now I am Ash which is my name oh the simplicity of my brain.

Well for me N8te is short of "N8te The Nerd", which is a name I came up with out of the blue because I wasn't happy with the old name I was going by. I wanted something that would be uniquely me and also be memorable to other people.

I always thought combining numbers with letters to pronounce actual words was interesting (even before I discovered it was a silly thing the internet does) so I came up with the idea of calling myself "N8". From there I added the "The Nerd" title because it reflects myself, because alliteration is fun, and because it's also a subtle nod to being a fan of Sonic (though tbh I don't care that much for the series anymore).

Ultimately I felt that simply "N8" was too short, so I chose to spell it "N8te" instead, even if it was redundant. This was done to help my spelling stand out, and because I knew people would question it and cause themselves to remember it well, and because some might think it's silly and get annoyed. (Basically it's a bit of a troll spelling.) N8te The Nerd sort of both mirrors itself visually and is well rounded visually, so I decided to go with the name!

I've stuck with the name "N8te The Nerd" for a few years now, and I really identify with it. I shorted it to N8te here on SSMB because most people at least sort of know me. Also, it feels good being THE N8te. xD

Oh and one more minor detail was that my old internet persona wounded up being turned into an OC, so I needed this new name. lol

Well, for me the blue comes from Sonic who is blue in colour. For guardian I named it after the Destiny character you play as, and that's where the name TheBlueGuardian comes from.

• 2 weeks later...

Well mine is Ssssssssoooooooooooooo simple most of my friends say I'm a Sonic nerd but one said I'm a Sonic boss. Then I rolled with that but then I went to Profile Name Act 2, I changed to Sonic Master that worked for a while but I wanted to go to Act 3. And the first thing that came to me that was better than a master, A CHAMPION ! And so Sonic Champion was born. The 100 was an accident it was supposed to be 190 but 100 worked better in my opinion. So yeah the origins.

• 4 months later...

During my early teen years, I was so tired of picking a name which ended up already being in use, and after being banned from a chat room for unintentionally "impersonating" a moderator, I was fed up and picked something silly. I ended up with ^DiZnEy^. More and more people started calling me Diz for short, and so I found that to be a more suitable nickname.

Well funny story. My real name is Deji and as I was a kid Digimon was a thing and then people just called me Dejimon(even though I prefer Pokemon). The reason why I added the 11 because I was born on December 11th. Also Skype said "Dejimon" wasn't enough.

I've been using Panda as part of my name for a while now. A few months back I finally went with Ernest-Panda, after half a decade of my panda OC being nameless. I chose Ernest because I grew fond of the name after watching Ernest & Celestine.

If you can't guess the origin of my name.....then you will be fired out of a cannon into the Sun! :P

My name when I first became a member was kind of a mixture of Tails and Nightwing, and then pretty much became Bender. Of course my name is based on that lovable robot from animated sitcom Futurama. 

So yeah, everyone knows me here as Bender and I haven't changed my name in ages.  It's a shame we can't see what our previous names were anymore.

My avatar (full picture below) is from an episode called "Forty Percent Leadbelly"

Futurama-Forty-Percent-Leadbelly-Bender-

Incoming the worse explanation for a name of all time!

Back in 2006 when I was about 9 I had just received Mario Kart DS as a gift. In the game you were able to play against others online while using a user name. Excited to quickly get to the action, I quickly made up (what I thought at the time to be) a "cool" name. The worst part about this was that I had actually meant "Strikerx5"... so I basically was a try hard that couldn't spell... Around the same time I had also started using the internet more and created accounts on different sites using the name with the same mindset... Of course I realized at some point that the name wasn't as great as I originally thought but by then I had become so prone to using it online that I just sort of stuck with it.

*sigh* So yeah, Strickerx5. A name rings of both my childhood and lameness.

Old YouTube account I made in 07 called Soniman32 and I gotta keep the brand consistent 

• Thumbs Up 3

At the time, I used to have a less notable nickname with my first email ever (Yahoo!) back in 2006, started playing Club Penguin by the name of 2007moh, and then I thought, mmm, why not literally spell out a native word into English with some changes, the gimmick that every company does, and so came Motwera, as in Advanced in Arabic (مطورة)

Till this day, it is one of the most notable nicknames that I ever have, aside from everchanging nicknames of my own site, currently named 3WIREL...

I spend a lot of time trying to come up with a good user name. In the end I made one based on my favorite super villains.

Metal= Metal Sonic (games)

Skulk= Skulker (from Danny Phantom, cartoons)

Bane= Bane (from Batman, comics)

Works on many levels, its unique, M.B. are actually my initials and I got this cool avatar that is to match. If only it wasn't so long.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well my origins came from my dad one saying I was the Sonic Master then I decided to be greater by changing it to Sonicchampion100.

Ever since I was born, people have called me Scott. I have since accepted it as my name.

well, my member title is preaty much what I use for almost every account, I first used it on a very well known israeli forum called "FXP". my full name is Barak Shahino and the user name is a combination of may first name and the first 3 letter of my last name (Barak+Sha)

• 3 months later...

I got my username from my favorite mini-boss ever-- the Mad Convoy Chase from Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Generations.

I personally prefer the Sonic Generations version. Its the one that made the biggest impression on me-- I mean, they both have a hilarious lack of regard for safety, but does the SA2 version have sawblades, jetpacks, and the capability to drive on walls? No, no it does not. Plus the Gens version requires a bit more strategy and skill. But anyway, when I was trying to think of a good name to call myself after deeming my usual "Darkness78" to be too edgy for my current tastes, the GUN Truck was the first thing to come to mind. So I named myself Mad Convoy, after the song that plays during the Mad Convoy Chase.

• Thumbs Up 1

The "King" part of mine is a reference to King from Tekken, whom is based on Fray Tormenta. I can relate to their desire to raise funds for suffering kids, so it makes sense.

King.jpg

Spica is a nod to the alternate form of Angrboda, the mother of Hel, Jormungand and Fenrir from Norse religion and in the Mythical Detective Loki series. Thought it would make perfect sense, as Angrboda is the "one who brings anguish." Sadness has this hypnotic beauty to it and since I'm often sad, a woman with that sort of look seems appropriate.

87907f30e6e7ef31790eb02b49dc4677.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

This was my very first username I've ever used (I needed one for "Rayman Zone" back in the day). It's my nickname (Bubba); although I forget  what the 944 meant.