Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

What a smashing display: it's safe to say that everything went better then expected.

Now i only have to decide wich version to take: 3DS or PS3.

Nobody get this gif in their email?

Watch out, it's fairly detailed so may be slow loading, but an animator named Jay Endy created it. It's Mighty No 4:

MightyNo4_zps2bade1ec.gif

He also did a Beck run cycle:

mn9.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the animation that he did (actually saw the run cycle a few weeks back) its very fluid and I like that they added in the official fan tribute video at the end.

I got it. I haven't been checking my email much lately.

Can't wait for my forum access tho.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 1

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/10/mighty-no-9-capcom-deal/

Apparently, inafune wouldn't mind having Capcom publish this game and is willing to make it into a megaman game, thoughts?

Personally, I somewhat hope this doesn't happen cause while it would be nice to have another megaman game I want to see this made first since the characters and the premise interest me and I can see a bit more potential with beck and the other mighty no's as opposed to just being another megaman.

No. Fuck off Capcom and don't go back to them Inafunae. The internet didn't give you 4 mill just so you could go back to the company that ruined what Mighty No 9 is the spiritual successor too. The reason it fucking exists is because Capcom was not delivering with actual Mega Man games, so KEEP YOUR FUCKING PAWS OFF CAPCOM! 

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

That would be the biggest fucking dick move he could pull if it goes through.

So fucking what if he regrets leaving Capcom? You don't piss off sixty-fucking-thousand backers by involving the company that all of them hate.

• Thumbs Up 1

He said he wouldnt mind Capcom publishing it if he kept full creative control, and still owned the IP, hes not dumb enough to give full control to them

He said he wouldnt mind Capcom publishing it if he kept full creative control, and still owned the IP, hes not dumb enough to give full control to them

This, even if he does let Capcom publish it, he would still be in control of everything so Capcom wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

You're missing the point. People backed this so they could be done with Capcom. Now that the possibility that Capcom will be involved, no matter how miniscule, it's basically shitting on those people who supported him/

• Thumbs Up 6

You're missing the point. People backed this so they could be done with Capcom. Now that the possibility that Capcom will be involved, no matter how miniscule, it's basically shitting on those people who supported him/

What? You mean you're surprised Inafune doesn't actually despise Capcom like the rest of us?

Isn't that kind of a bad thing though since the whole project was to revive classic action platforming but change it up. It would just show inafune that nobody really wanted this game to be made because they wanted but just to get payback at another company.

Isn't that kind of a bad thing though since the whole project was to revive classic action platforming but change it up. It would just show inafune that nobody really wanted this game to be made because they wanted but just to get payback at another company.

No, it would mean people want him to keep making it TO HIS VISION, not whatever Capcom would massacre it into. 

• Thumbs Up 1

wot

No, it shows that people support him reviving Mega Man under a new IP in an era where the IP belongs to a company that treats Mega Man like dirt.

No, it would mean people want him to keep making it TO HIS VISION, not whatever Capcom would massacre it into. 

Capcom would just be publishing. Inafune would still have control.

What? You mean you're surprised Inafune doesn't actually despise Capcom like the rest of us?

Litterally nothing I said comes close to implying that nor does it have any relevence so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

• Thumbs Up 1

Capcom would just be publishing. Inafune would still have control.

I don't trust Capcom to cut a deal that grants them absolutely no influence. This is Crapcom after all, they'd write in some back-door way to make it bend to their will. 

I don't trust Capcom to cut a deal that grants them absolutely no influence. This is Crapcom after all, they'd write in some back-door way to make it bend to their will. 

Just look at Capcoms position right now, do you seriously think they would do anything to screw this up especially when its probably a good chance to get themselves back on track.

Just look at Capcoms position right now, do you seriously think they would do anything to screw this up especially when its probably a good chance to get themselves back on track.

Yes.

It's Crapcom. I wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally screwed it just to spite him.

Okay, I get that people hate Capcom. But seriously, IF Capcom isn't willing to allow Inafune the freedom, control and ownership he wants, THIS ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. He's not dumb, and he's not betraying his fans. He's been with Capcom before, and he's a developer. He knows how to read, understand and sign contractual agreements. If an agreement doesn't suit his fancy, a deal wouldn't go through.

Also, regardless of your personal vendetta against Capcom and your beliefs about them, Mighty No. 9 was NEVER intended by Inafune to spite Capcom. He merely wanted to be able to create a game in the same spirit as Megaman, but knew he couldn't use Megaman since the rights belong to Capcom. So he did the next best thing and is making a spiritual successor. That's all there is to it!

Edited by Shade Vortex
  • Thumbs Up 1

...Again, nothing we said implied we think he made this to spite Capcom.

And yet you upport this project for no other reason than to spite Capcom

That's still a shitty reason to support him regardless of his own intentions

That wasn't just because of you guys, it was in general. In other places, people are acting like the fans only backed Mighty No. 9 to spite Capcom. And while that may have been true of a minority of people, those people were misguided if that's the reason they backed.

The spirit of Mighty No. 9 is the same as the spirit that goes into Megaman, and the people who backed it should share that spirit. Many people backed Mighty No. 9 because they wanted a new Megaman game, but Capcom wouldn't give people one, so Inafune's project was the next best thing. It'd still be what it IS even if it WAS published by Capcom, if it weren't going to be, then that deal WOULDN'T happen.

People are acting like this deal would go through WITH it ruining what this game is. I'm saying there's no way Inafune would let that happen. Have faith in the man who made Megaman- he's not the man who betrayed you, he didn't bite the hand that feeds him.

Edited by Shade Vortex