Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

Okay, I backed the project and donated $20! Gonna get a free Digital Copy when it's released!

I question as to why a single stage and boss costs $200k, but whatever.
Well, a boss rush should cost even less. Way I see it, a few of these stretch goals are just to get interest and encourage contributions more than anything, which is fine with me.

I question as to why a single stage and boss costs $200k, but whatever.

It isn't unreasonable that it would. Creating all the assets takes a lot of time and you have to pay the people to do it. Not to mention the hours spent designing a new boss and then modeling that out, rigging it, creating all the animations. Texture work etc. Throw in the time to compose a new musical track as well, record any new sound effects that might be needed for the level etc. THEN there is the aspect of programming in the boss pattern and whatever else the creator decides needs to be in there that is specific for the level (gimmicks and whatnot).

A lot goes into making a game that we can sit here and go "why does it cost that much" but when you really break it down it makes sense. You have to pay all those people somehow. Not only that but not everything is gonna be hammered out on the first try either, levels go through different iterations and testing to make sure it's all balanced and fun. It adds up.

Considering that the initial game at 800k only was slated for 6 levels total which would average it out to being around 133k per level it isn't that big of a stretch. You're also adding it in as a single player level for an entirely new character. Yes she will have worked out to play in the co-op mode, but whether or not any extra stuff needs to be tweaked to have an entirely new stage devoted JUST to her gameplay remains to be seen. I could foresee it being a bit of extra effort.

The game increased in scale as the kickstarter went on, I still don't see 200k for an entire level and new boss to be that unreasonable at all.

Chiptune soundtrack GET!

This thing is an absolute juggernaut, still 2 hours to go! Will it hit $4 million...?

The chiptune soundtrack is optional right? Because I kinda want CD-quality music.............

The chiptune soundtrack is optional right? Because I kinda want CD-quality music.............

Yep, it's optional. Think of it like in DuckTales Remastered - by default you have the up-to-date soundtrack, but you have an 8-bit one as well to swap to should you wish.

+ That goal isn't what we were shooting for, we had to bust through all those goals to get to the console ones.

Hey wait a sec, we hit the chiptune and sfx goal! biggrin.png awesome.

Edited by goku262002

Oh sweet, chiptune soundtrack option!

I'm a little disappointed that the single player Call thing is only one stage and a boss, though. But eh, can't win 'em all.

Less than 2 hours. I guess the VS mode isn't coming. Maybe the funding is that close to 4,000,000 but the site tells me that there is  3,698,991 pledged.

I go to sleep for a few hours, and we hit two stretch goals?! All I can say is...

tumblr_mmy7173cTR1ry4q0lo1_500.gif

CALL STAGE BABEH!

• Thumbs Up 2

So with the PayPal amount we still need a further $129k to get the next stretch goal, think we have any chance?

I really don't care. I got playable Call in single-player. This game is complete as far as I'm concerned, so anything more is icing on a cake.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish they'd update the paypal pledge so we can see if the $4 million has been reached, pffff.

• Thumbs Up 2

Imagine the wonderful trolling the next goal will have. I really hope we beat the multiplayer goal so we can see what they have next.