Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

Wait, seriously? That's it? No gold-coloured console stand? No Halo-themed custom decals? Not even a message reading out "I AM A MASSIVE FUCKING TOOL" spread along the length of the Xbone in giant Comic Sans font? I dunno about you guys, but a tiny cube of text in the middle of one controller doesn't really seem like much of a special edition to me.

But you get an ACHIEVEMENT! 

• Thumbs Up 9

That's a pretty cool offer, really. As far as a hype thing goes, they might even manage to sell some 360s doing tha-

Wait, shit. I have XBL Gold. Derp.

For those with a 360 they've announced a bit more and put up a page for the free monthly games. The first one is Fable 3.

They put out a game the 1st and 16th of each month until the One comes out (possibly longer).

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/games-with-gold

I actually got Fable 3 and tried it out....I went to sleep 20 minutes after I started playing it.

Guys, is Phantom Pain (MGS5) An Xbox One exclusive??

According to GAME it is.

rBdvbLd.jpg

And if you're looking forward to Titanfall, but don't want to succumb to owning a Xbox One...

WKEhNNU.png

It's also coming to Xbox 360 by the looks of it, but rumours say it's a timed exclusive and is coming to PS4 anyway *shrug*

We already know MGS5 isn't an Xbox One exclusive. The E3 trailer lists it as coming to PS3, PS4, 360 and Xbox One.

Guys, is Phantom Pain (MGS5) An Xbox One exclusive??

According to GAME it is.

And if you're looking forward to Titanfall, but don't want to succumb to owning a Xbox One...

It's also coming to Xbox 360 by the looks of it, but rumours say it's a timed exclusive and is coming to PS4 anyway *shrug*

As far as I'm aware, MGS5:TPP isn't exclusive.

EDIT:

Chooch cleared it up.

Those Titanfall platforms are already known about.

http://www.house.gov/capuano/news/2013/pr061313.shtml

Rep. Mike Capuano (D-MA) and Rep. Walter Jones (R-NC) are filing the “We Are Watching You Act” in response to reports that national telecommunications companies are exploring technology for digital video recorders (DVRs) that would record the personal activities of consumers as they watch television from the privacy of their own homes. Current law is silent on these devices and this legislation would require both an opt-in for consumers and an on-screen warning whenever the device is recording information about consumers.

“This may sound preposterous but it is neither a joke nor an exaggeration. These DVRs would essentially observe consumers as they watch television as a way to super-target ads. It is an incredible invasion of privacy. Given what we have recently learned about the access that the government has to the phone numbers we call, the emails we send and the websites we visit, it is important for consumers to decide for themselves whether they want this technology. Think about what you do in the privacy of your own home and then think about how you would feel sharing that information with your cable company, their advertisers and your government,” stated Congressman Capuano.

“Allowing this type of technology to be installed in the homes of individuals without their consent would be an egregious invasion of privacy,” said Congressman Jones. “When the government has an unfortunate history of secretly collecting private citizens’ information from technology providers, we must ensure that safeguards are in place to protect Americans’ rights.”

Devices would utilize technology such as infrared cameras and microphones embedded in DVRs and cable boxes. A patent application filed with the US Patent and Trademark Office by Verizon notes the technology could detect a range of viewer activities. According to the patent application, the set-top device will be able to distinguish “ambient action … of eating, exercising, laughing, reading, sleeping, talking, humming, cleaning” and more.

• Thumbs Up 8

If you go into the shop, and then don't go back in there for over 24 hours, you won't be allowed back in.

• Thumbs Up 8

Wow, MS must be really desperate. What do they think this will accomplish? One shop in one country selling specifically a handful of things, that can be bought elsewhere... I just don't see what the point is.

One shop in one country selling specifically a handful of things, that can be bought elsewhere... I just don't see what the point is.

Hey, it worked for Nintendo.

nintendo_world_poster.jpg

It also looks at the PS4 as “Xbox 360 version 2″ due to the lack of social and multi-tasking features. The company doesn’t even see Sony as a threat. Even better, it believes that the PS4′s graphics RAM will run hotter, besides not being as optimized as the Xbox One. Thus leading to both being evenly matched or, believe it or not, the Xbox One performing ahead.

Microsoft on their high horse. Can't wait to see it all backfire on them.

How the hell does this guy know how the PS4's architecture will work? How do you know the RAM will overheat? Are you friends with Mark Cenry bitch?

"Well, the PS4 won't be able to connect to DoD servers" is the biggest fucking missing of the point since Canada banned Money for Nothing from playing over the radio.

Though them gluing Mattrick's mouth shut can only be a good thing.

• Thumbs Up 7

I was about to admit blocking unreleased games until launch day was maybe a positive thing, but then it just begged the question of whether the same will apply to review copies. Will the press have to wait until launch day too? That would not be good for Microsoft.

I almost fucking laughed out loud at their excuse for locking out the whole military, too.

the biggest fucking missing of the point since Canada banned Money for Nothing from playing over the radio.

I thought that was just the uncensored version?

I've only ever heard that version and when I looked up the lyrics to the uncensored version I wasn't very keen. I recall it was homophobic language which was in reasonably poor taste for such an awesome song (going from memory here).

I thought that was just the uncensored version?

I've only ever heard that version and when I looked up the lyrics to the uncensored version I wasn't very keen. I recall it was homophobic language which was in reasonably poor taste for such an awesome song (going from memory here).

It was banned for repeated use of the word "faggot" in the second verse, which is frequently removed entirely from radio airplay (but not always). The problem being that the entire song was satirical (and when combined with the context presented in the music video, obviously so), so banning the song for simply using the word at all because it is "extremely offensive to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people" (the Canadian government's words) is like banning The Producers because it glorifies Hitler.

Plus it was apparently fine for 25 years, but one day some guy in Newfoundland got offended so they flipped ALL the tables.

Also:

O5dSpJ5.png

No, it's not true. But the funny part for me was that I was surprised it wasn't.

• Thumbs Up 7

Also:

O5dSpJ5.png

No, it's not true. But the funny part for me was that I was surprised it wasn't.

It actually is true, just tested it out now. The exact same thing popped up as shown when I typed in "the xbox one is " into each search engine.

It was banned for repeated use of the word "faggot" in the second verse, which is frequently removed entirely from radio airplay (but not always). The problem being that the entire song was satirical (and when combined with the context presented in the music video, obviously so), so banning the song for simply using the word at all because it is "extremely offensive to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people" (the Canadian government's words) is like banning The Producers because it glorifies Hitler.

Plus it was apparently fine for 25 years, but one day some guy in Newfoundland got offended so they flipped ALL the tables.

Also:

O5dSpJ5.png

Man, that's hysterical :)

I tried that and that does happen.  Got to try it in Bing next :)