Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I'm just giddy to see Virtua Fighter being two's in a game like this. Especially the original Saturn titles. I thought I would never seen it happening.

Wow...who would've thought Tekken, Street Fighter & Virtua Fighter would all be rep'd in one game on a Ninten-

*looks at Project X Zone*

Oh.

Do anyone else find it weird how, veteran or not, Sonic's the only third-party Smash character who doesn't get an official art poster for this game? In fact, the only time he's actually shown up in one of those posters was Pac-Man's, and even then, his appearance basically amounts to just a copy-paste of his Sonic 1 sprite.

Do anyone else find it weird how, veteran or not, Sonic's the only third-party Smash character who doesn't get an official art poster for this game? In fact, the only time he's actually shown up in one of those posters was Pac-Man's, and even then, his appearance basically amounts to just a copy-paste of his Sonic 1 sprite.

He isn't a newcomer, so he doesn't get one. Third party or no.

Simple as. 

• Thumbs Up 1

He's the only veteran in the vanilla game who got his personal trailer though (if we don't count Charizard in the Greninja trailer).

He's the only veteran in the vanilla game who got his personal trailer though (if we don't count Charizard in the Greninja trailer).

And? That trailer wasn't even a pre-rendered cutscene, just gameplay clips with Sonic Heroes in the background.

And? That trailer wasn't even a pre-rendered cutscene, just gameplay clips with Sonic Heroes in the background.

That's practically all Ryu got besides his poster, even that opening scene barely looked pre-rendered. 

Just like the trailers for the DLC characters, 3/4 of wich are veterans returning to the game.

Would have been nice to see him show up in more promotional art I agree, but he probably didn't due to Sega not allowing it I bet.

On another note, FINALLY BOUGHT RYU AND AM NOW BUYING ROY!:D Up next Lucas and Dreamland!

People are getting some or all the announced DLC for free due to the eShop lagging that bad.

There's even instances of user's balances receiving funds rather than the other way around

Oops

• Thumbs Up 2

People are getting some or all the announced DLC for free due to the eShop lagging that bad.

There's even instances of user's balances receiving funds rather than the other way around

Oops

The Eshop is now down for maintenance, and Nintendo admitted the issue on Twitter. Guess they realised the DLC going for free and the refunds...

I'm just giddy to see Virtua Fighter being two's in a game like this. Especially the original Saturn titles. I thought I would never seen it happening.

Wow...who would've thought Tekken, Street Fighter & Virtua Fighter would all be rep'd in one game on a Ninten-

*looks at Project X Zone*

Oh.

That Direct was AMAAAAZING! The new characters may be out now, but my hype train is still going strong!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei3-Qo9wHH4

I'll wait till I get home from work to download everything, hopefully their won't be so much traffic.

But yes, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter and Tekken + the mascots of the company, by the god's this better mean a Project X Zone Fighting game at some point after PxZ2 comes out.

Okay, I think I'll take back what I said about Ryu. He actually looks like a blast to play as. I might have to get him and Lucas later today.

Still very apathetic towards Roy though.

That's really awesome. 

Even with this all leaked ahead of time, that got me hyped. 

They also didn't mention the Smash Bros. Ballot. This is all DLC coming before the fan favourites that are being voted on get in. Golly.

Hot damn is Smash Bros. getting a lot of support to keep the game going strong. So much gaming history is getting a chance of representation. 

I hope that the Ballot allots us a few more DLC characters though. I sure hope you guys have been throwing a vote in for Rayman. It is Rayman's 20th Anniversary after all. Shantae and Rayman are my requirements for the Ballot being a success. Anyone else after them is just a pleasant bonus (although I'll make an exception for any extra Sega characters of the likes of Ristar and/or Vectorman). 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, they really went all out on Ryu, and the inclusion of another SEGA property with Virtua Fighter is pretty cool. That said, I'm disappointed that we won't see many more stages, even if that Suzaku Castle looks very pretty.

Amazing artwork, but uhhh...Wii Fit Trainer is looking kinda creepy there. I didn't even recognise her at first. O_o

But yeah, it was all good stuff. Shame the hype was lost a bit with Ryu and Roy's reveals (thanks leakers...) but it was still nice to see how they played. It's interesting that Ryu can pull off his moves in the traditional Arcade way, which makes them stronger then if you simply pressed B for Hadouken. They did a good job with him and I like his addition to this game a LOT more than Roy.

Also, I can't believe they're even releasing Amiibo of the Mii's! Talk about eating up my wallet Nintendo, argh...though I do like how G&W has different stands to change, it's cool and makes him stand out from other Amiibo.

depending on how easy it is to get g&w amiibo's I can see the stand possibly being used for custom amiibo's  "cough" paper Mario "cough"

either way great to see lucas back in ssb4 and seeing roy I haven't seen a ryu on online mode yet though

Man I'm lovin the feel of Ryu in this game. Very traditional, and I'm getting used to him already. He's still fun to just goodmf around with. Roy is also surprisingly becoming a favorite of mine to use. Probably more than all the other FE reps. Doesn't help that I loved him in Melee so much and that nostalgia bias is there lol. His neutral is so satisfying to use.

CHfdeT4WEAE4rZC.jpg

Glorious.

CHfQ_AsW8AAWbuu.jpg

also SEGA X Capcom X Nintendo doubles are now a thing. And Virtua Fighter technically has more playable rep than Sonic now. Amazing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryu is gonna take some getting used to. But hot damn, I'm loving Roy right now. I already have a good number of online wins under my belt thanks to him.