Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I'd poop my pants if they add Zero to the roster.

it won't happen

I'd poop my pants if they add Zero to the roster.

it won't happen

My full thoughts on this

So here is a thought, so as we all know, Megaman is in the game, and elecman is an assist trophy, well what if we got a playable antagonist character from Megaman or Megaman X, I know what you're thinking "2 third party reps from the same franchise?! HERESEY!" however, Megaman has an extremely strong history with Nintendo, with a bulk of the classic Megaman/X titles being first on the Nintendo titles, and the very first game being on the original Nintendo console

add to that there is a good variety of Megaman antagonists to choose from, from Robot Masters, to Wily, to Sigma, and why a Megaman X one, well getting an X rep would be rather cool and balance things out as well

Now I'm not saying this will happen, but no reason not to discuss it, and spitball some suggestions, what Megaman Antagonist do you guys think would make a good playable SSB4 character, only ones you can rule out are those represented by Megamans moveset 

I'd say Zero and Bass are the only decent choices for a second Mega Man rep. Maybe X or Proto Man as well, though they'd be significantly lower down the scale.

I know it has a like 0.1% chance of happening but if Zero was ever in the game somehow I would main him until the end of time. 

^This plus bonus points if they add in his megaman zero design as an alternate and I would be all over zero.

I'd much rather have just had Impa replace Sheik, honestly

Well, I fully agree but its too late for that. I think Sakurai didn't do it because people would've complained (even if Impa played exactly the same as Impa).

I don't think we'll get a second rep from any third-party franchise, period, unless they're an alternate skin of the main character. That said Bass would probably be the best choice (Protoman is a bit too close to Mega Man), but frankly I think Protoman/Bass will just be alts of Megaman (assuming alts are in, which I still think is highly likely).

Assist trophy talk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IRta_ieYTY

I just realized something though, what we did get robot master or an actual playable Megaman villainous rep as playable, who would be the most likely

Wow... I just watched that video, and... they completely missed both Isaac and Ray Mk II. (Obviously they probably did this before the Dillon reveal, so he wasn't included either. Granted they mentioned Dillon in their weekly discussion as well.)

Say, I was just thinking. If they added a Namco character like Pac Man, but were able to add another Namco character in as an assist trophy, what if they made this Namco character as an assist trophy?

We_Love_Katamari_King.jpg

Or maybe this guy rolling this thing?

Obscure-Characters-1041428BCT.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

I think the top two choices from Namco would be Tales and Pac-Man. I'm not even sure if a Namco character is going to get in at all at this point. I'm leaving the possibility open, but I think the Namco references in-game will replace Namco actually getting a playable character in the game. We'll see, but even then I'd rather have Lloyd (or another Tales main character, but Lloyd is by far the mostlikely choice) than Pac-Man.

If anything, Pacman should be the Assist Trophy, not the playable. Having a pixellated yellow pizza-with-a-slice-missing chase players on the screen and chomp on them works just fine, and is a hell of a lot easier to implement than any other role he could be taking.

Beyond that I'm not really sure what to say. I would like some kind of Klonoa or Tales representation, but to be honest if anyone told me they were just as obscure as far as Smash is concerned, I wouldn't disagree with them.

If anything, Pacman should be the Assist Trophy, not the playable. Having a pixellated yellow pizza-with-a-slice-missing chase players on the screen and chomp on them works just fine, and is a hell of a lot easier to implement than any other role he could be taking.

Beyond that I'm not really sure what to say. I would like some kind of Klonoa or Tales representation, but to be honest if anyone told me they were just as obscure as far as Smash is concerned, I wouldn't disagree with them.

Come on; has no one played the World games? Pacman has a huge move list from there that could be implemented into Smash in a unique and easy way.

• Thumbs Up 1

I fully 100% agree. Pac-Man would fit better as an Assist Trophy. Or if the theory of the S Flag being what summons the Galaga aliens, that's how Pac-Man could be summoned instead.

Come on; has no one played the World games? Pacman has a huge move list from there that could be implemented into Smash in a unique and easy way.

Yes I have, I liked World 2. World 3 I heard was shit, but World 2 was decent. Of course all of Pac-Man's moves are almost identical to moves already belonging to Mario and Sonic. Mostly Sonic, but some Mario too. Heck, in Street Fighter vs. Tekken they added Pac-Man riding in a frickin' giant robot.

I fully 100% agree. Pac-Man would fit better as an Assist Trophy. Or if the theory of the S Flag being what summons the Galaga aliens, that's how Pac-Man could be summoned instead.

Yes I have, I liked World 2. World 3 I heard was shit, but World 2 was decent. Of course all of Pac-Man's moves are almost identical to moves already belonging to Mario and Sonic. Mostly Sonic, but some Mario too. Heck, in Street Fighter vs. Tekken they added Pac-Man riding in a frickin' giant robot.

It's not like similar moves haven't existed for other characters in the past and even recently. And besides, in Street Fighter vs. Tekken, Pacman is restricted to moving very sitffly compared to Smash bros. He couldn't do something like the Rev Roll, or the butt bounce in that game.

And just because world 3 was shit, doesn't mean it's moveset should be discounted either.

It's not like similar moves haven't existed for other characters in the past and even recently. And besides, in Street Fighter vs. Tekken, Pacman is restricted to moving very sitffly compared to Smash bros. He couldn't do something like the Rev Roll, or the butt bounce in that game.

And just because world 3 was shit, doesn't mean it's moveset should be discounted either.

That's different from Pac-Man's moveset literally being a blatant ripoff of Mario and Sonic, more Sonic than Mario. Pac-Man could've been given something else, something to differentiate him. Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, these classics tried to go with the platformer formula of Mario and Sonic but still took them in different directions. The World games were decent, but none of them were particularly grand or inspiring. They were good platformers (except for 3), but they didn't have the same charm as other 3D platforming games.

And Namco clearly doesn't give two shits about Pac-Man anymore, anyway, they're not even developing Pac-Man games anymore. Instead they licensed out the Pac-Man name to some developer that has a history of making half-assed licensed video games, and Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is no exception.

Pac-Man would be a far more charming addition to the Smash roster if he WASN'T playable, because his iconic status comes from his classic original maze games.

His move set isn't a blatant rip off aside from the rev roll. So he stomps his enemies; he needs to use a special move for that which works differently from Mario's jump. He kicks in the air; almost everyone in the game does that. And he still has his signature chomp. (Before you say Wario; that move was something's Sakurai pulled out of his ass, and not from a game.) Pacman could also use his special attacks from world 3 and even from Ghostly adventures. Just because they're bad games doesn't mean reference can't be taken.

So what? Capcom hasn't been focusing on Megaman outside of crappy merchandise these days, but he's still there.

You say that because you don't want him. But Sakurai would probably be more interested in Pacman than anyone like Llyod because of his historical importance.

His move set isn't a blatant rip off aside from the rev roll. So he stomps his enemies; he needs to use a special move for that which works differently from Mario's jump. He kicks in the air; almost everyone in the game does that. And he still has his signature chomp. (Before you say Wario; that move was something's Sakurai pulled out of his ass, and not from a game.) Pacman could also use his special attacks from world 3 and even from Ghostly adventures. Just because they're bad games doesn't mean reference can't be taken.

So what? Capcom hasn't been focusing on Megaman outside of crappy merchandise these days, but he's still there.

You say that because you don't want him. But Sakurai would probably be more interested in Pacman than anyone like Llyod because of his historical importance.

Mega Man has far more of an impact than Pac-Man. I'd accept Pac-Man if he's in the game, its just I don't think the only reason Pac-Man should be added to the game is his iconic status.

And what moves does Pac-Man have that AREN'T blatant ripoffs of other characters? Pac-Man has, what, three moves in the game? He can rev roll, butt bounce, follow a line of pack dots, and in World 3 he can punch. The only thing unique he has in any of the World games is the ability to throw power pellets (or is it just dots? I think that's from Pac-Man world, but either way its insignificant).

I don't want him in, but I'd be fine if he does get added. That doesn't change the fact that literally the only thing he has going for him is his iconic status, which would be better suited in the form of of an item like an Assist Trophy (or if the S Flag is a Namco Assist Trophy, then the S Flag) where he chases the ghosts and can damage opponents that way.

Mega Man, Sonic, and Snake brought things other than their iconic status to the table when they were introduced.

We can go all WWE/pull a Rawk Hawk of sorts/re-enact the K.Rool 64 fight on the Punch-Out stage.

5fhze9.jpg

Pic of the day. You can get up on the lights of this special ring. It's a perfect secret hiding place.

1268w0g.jpg

And you can attack the lights and have them fall to the ground! That makes things dark. The lights are way up high, but even Little Mac can get up there by jumping off the ropes.

Who knew Zelda was such a dirty fighter?

We can go all WWE/pull a Rawk Hawk of sorts/re-enact the K.Rool 64 fight on the Punch-Out stage.

5fhze9.jpg

1268w0g.jpg

Who knew Zelda was such a dirty fighter?

We'd need K. Rool before we can TRULY re-create the fight, though!

• Thumbs Up 3

Say, I was just thinking. If they added a Namco character like Pac Man, but were able to add another Namco character in as an assist trophy, what if they made this Namco character as an assist trophy?

We_Love_Katamari_King.jpg

Or maybe this guy rolling this thing?

Obscure-Characters-1041428BCT.jpg

As utterly pleasant as this would be, Katamari has (disgustingly) never ever appeared on a Nintendo platform, so I have literally zero expectations of seeing them.

As utterly pleasant as this would be, Katamari has (disgustingly) never ever appeared on a Nintendo platform, so I have literally zero expectations of seeing them.

Oh, he hasn't? I thought he did on Gamecube at least once.

*looks it up*

Oh, you're right. Not that I know anything or care anything about the series, but I at least thought the series appeared on Nintendo before. Yeah, I think the mandates hold true to any franchise that has had no Nintendo presence, regardless of who is developing the game.

I believe an entry started development for the Wii (with plans to incorporate motion control) but was quietly cancelled before any footage was even released.  I forget if it would've come before or after Beautiful Katamari on the 360 but... either way it never happened of course.

I dream of a collection of at least the first five games (even if five was a nostalgia game that was 90% reused levels) to get a multi-platform release one day mind you but would probably be a big porting job.

Katamari would be fantastic to play on the Wii U, seeing as how the controls are almost perfect for this game.

If I was to go for a Namco character, I wouldn't want Pac Man, honestly. He's not really got many things he can do other than generic kicks, punches and a lamer Kirby-like swallow.

Klonoa would be a pretty neat character to have, what with his ring and such-like. He was on the Wii and if they wanted to reboot the series like Nintendo did with the Kid Icarus series, then I can see the choice in that.

I mean, if Sakurai couldn't think of anything for Waluigi to do, what can Pac Man do when he's only known for munching dots and ghosts.

Katamari would be fantastic to play on the Wii U, seeing as how the controls are almost perfect for this game.

If I was to go for a Namco character, I wouldn't want Pac Man, honestly. He's not really got many things he can do other than generic kicks, punches and a lamer Kirby-like swallow.

Klonoa would be a pretty neat character to have, what with his ring and such-like. He was on the Wii and if they wanted to reboot the series like Nintendo did with the Kid Icarus series, then I can see the choice in that.

I mean, if Sakurai couldn't think of anything for Waluigi to do, what can Pac Man do when he's only known for munching dots and ghosts.

I don't think Waluigi's absence has anything to do with being unable to come up with a moveset for him. The problem with Waluigi is he's an unimportant character in the Mario series. He's a recurring spinoff character, but that's all he's got to his name. Maybe if he starts appearing canonically in Mario or Wario games, then he could get promoted to playable (probably Wario more than Mario, he'd fit better in the WarioWare/Wario Land series).

Starfy would be a better example.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not to mention, the most damning difference beyond the hands is the lack of tongue scarf. You can actually see the mouth.

Oh no wait, that IS his tongue. I thought that was his head.

As for Waluigi I still say we should get an actual WarioWare character before we get Waluigi. Not counting Wario, I mean.

I just put the differences in the Greninja reveal down to Sakurai intentionally wanting to troll everyone about Mewtwo, knowing full well that people will see it and think it's him, get all excited... and then have an even bigger reaction when it turns out to be Greninja.

Yeah, you have to suspend your disbelief a bit, but for that sort of impact, you can't say it didn't work wonders.