Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

It's no wonder why Nintendo is taking so long with their HD games. They're putting so much polish on these games. Mario Kart 8 looks stunning, more so than any racer I've played. All the moving details, shadows, lighting, lack of glitches, 60FPS, HD, 12 player online.

Sucks this is coming 2014. I really wonder how well the Wii U would do if the title released this holiday season.

• Thumbs Up 4

It's no wonder why Nintendo is taking so long with their HD games. They're putting so much polish on these games. Mario Kart 8 looks stunning, more so than any racer I've played. All the moving details, shadows, lighting, lack of glitches, 60FPS, HD, 12 player online.

Sucks this is coming 2014. I really wonder how well the Wii U would do if the title released this holiday season.

Also, Nintendo still has a very 'no patch' mentality, they want to get the game out as bug free as they can

Looking at that video, I found a detail I missed last time I watched it.

When you fall into a lake, there's no more black screen and waiting. You're instantly pulled out and put back on the track without any transition screens.

Not just that, but I noticed that you have far faster acceleration getting up back to speed when getting hit or being dropped off, faster than any of the other games.

Also, Nintendo still has a very 'no patch' mentality, they want to get the game out as bug free as they can

To be fair, Nintendo will and does patch games now (at least on the Wii U). Though you're right about their mentality that a game should ship out in full working order. They're not into that day one patch business.

To be fair, NintendoLand, NSMBU, NSLU, and Pikmin 3 all had day one patches.

(to enable online features, I guess that's different)

Don't forget about the Maku Wuhu Glitch in MK7, problemly the biggest glitchy shortcut out their, they patched that.

Nintendo do patch games when there's a genuinely serious problem (such as the game-breaking bug in Skyward Sword and the aforementioned Maku Wuhu Glitch) but they're not exactly gonna drop to Bethesda's standards anytime soon.

Edited by Shirou Emiya

To be fair, NintendoLand, NSMBU, NSLU, and Pikmin 3 all had day one patches.

(to enable online features, I guess that's different)

Well, I would say patching in Miiverse functionality is a tad different from a massive patch that makes the game work.

• 4 months later...

Waluigi has been in the game since the first trailer, what's so special about him being in the new one?

Waluigi has been in the game since the first trailer, what's so special about him being in the new one?

Because of his unexpected absence from Mario Kart 7.......and they had the nerve to taunt us with them putting in Waluigi Pinball (one of the best racing tracks in all racing games) in the game.

Because of his unexpected absence from Mario Kart 7.......and they had the nerve to taunt us with them putting in Waluigi Pinball (one of the best racing tracks in all racing games) in the game.

yea but he was shown on the first trailer,  they're acting like he just got revealed.

yea but he was shown on the first trailer,  they're acting like he just got revealed.

cause people are simply glad to see him again, that's all the answer you need. Guy just brings hype I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

I love what was shown so far. Definitely the most graphically impressive game on this console.

Really hoping for some interesting design with these tracks.

I could do without the babies though. Doing tricks in MK Wii with the babies always made my ears bleed, especially Baby Peach.

I love what was shown so far. Definitely the most graphically impressive game on this console.

Really hoping for some interesting design with these tracks.

I could do without the babies though. Doing tricks in MK Wii with the babies always made my ears bleed, especially Baby Peach.

Ugh, tell me about it. I HATE those babies with a passion

But what I hate more is tha damn Funky Kong, not because of how annoying he is, but because of the secret stats in Mario kart Wii made him extremely unbalanced. That's the main problem with MKWii, how unbalaced it is, that's why everyone pics Funky Kong all the time.

In MK7 the took out the secret stats in favor of kart customization, with the B Dasher and the Slick tires being a dangerous combo, not as bad as Funky Kong through.

I wouldn't mind the babies but Baby Daisy just feels forced considering she hasn't appeared in any other games other than spin-offs.  It's like yeah we won't put Daisy into a main series game but here have TWO in Mario Kart.

I'd rather see just Baby Mario and Baby Luigi as some sort of tag team driving the same Kart, and that be it.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's nothing more than to pad the character roster out to make it seem like there's more playable characters, instead of adding say, 2 or 3 new racers in their place, missed opportunity for Kirby FTL.

I personally would keep the Baby Bros. and get rid of the Baby Princesses in favor of Lakitu and Shy Guy as I actually liked them MK7.

They could easily find better choices than the baby characters. They just don't want to. Baby Daisy was a completely and totally ridiculous addition; at least the other babies appeared in other games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Regarding Roster, I'll ACCEPT Dixie or Cranky due to Donkey Kong Country TF being tropical, but would rather not have any more DK characters if they're not gonna give us more rep from the Luigi, Yoshi or Wario franchises.  I wouldn't play as him but E. Gadd is relevant enough to deserve a spot, and maybe Poochie, Captain Syrup, or a Warioware character would be cool.

Nothing new really from 3D World that deserves character rep...  Lubba would be nice from Galaxy 2?  Certainly better than friggin' Queen Bee geez.

E. Gadd and Mona are two characters I'd love to see, as well as Dixie or Cranky, but for peeks sake, please DO NOT bring Funky Kong back unless they balance him this time.

I doubt they'll choose anyone from the RPG games but I really would love Lord Crump, Fawful, Prince Dreambert and Popple as Racers.