Awoo.

Sony @ "E399" "It was the Summer of 2013... and we danced... how we danced"

Badnik Mechanic

This was seriously the best E3 conference I've ever seen.

I cried today. 

I screamed.

I watched in joyful silence.

Today is one of the day's I really feel happy to be a gamer. And I'm so glad we were all here to experience this together.

As a Nintendo fan/Ex(though maybe not for long anymore)-Sony fan, I am proud of what Sony has done here, they are truly the people's (or gamer's) hero and they completely swaged and curbstompted the current competition at E3. I love it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder. If online is tied to PS+, perhaps Sony are trying to balance out the initial lower cost of the console with a subscription service that will get them more money back in the long run.

Maybe, but don't forget, that subscription service is also going to be on PS3 and Vita... so free games for your PS3 and Vita and PS4 (when it's library grows). 

Sony - 20.11+0.55 (2.81%)

Microsoft - 35.47-0.20‎ (-0.56%‎)

Nintendo - 75.58 up_g.gif 2.18(2.97%)

Edited by Stasis

So, what about the Playstation Vita? Whats the verdict there? I've heard a few people claim this conference to be the portable's "last chance". Now that you know nothing has been done, are you through with the system?

I wanted a price drop tonight, so I'm disappointed that we didn't get something on that front. On the system, on the memory cards, anything. All we really got was a "keep waiting, games will come... eventually".

Well I have to say, Sony just got another previous Microsoft customer. You could just tell by the sheer amount of applause and cheering with the announcement that Sony had just blown Microsoft out of the water. 

Sony simply did everything right at their conference. Listened to their customers about used games, had a lower price, and great games to boot. Definitely a conference for the books.

Sony...you did GOOD GREAT AWESOME OUTSTANDING AMAZING!!

The PS4, an extra controller, Knack, Battlefield 4 and DriveClub is what I'm buying at launch. It'll cost me about £550, but Sony, you can have all my money, you DESERVE IT! You single-handedly SAVED the gaming industry and for that...God bless you!

Xbox One is Xbox DONE!

Sony's destroying Microsoft like they did the Saturn in 1995. xD

Edited by canderson

Sony - 20.11+0.55 (2.81%)

Microsoft - 35.47-0.20‎ (-0.56%‎)

Nintendo - 75.58 up_g.gif 2.18(2.97%)

Heh  nintendo did the biggest jump, and I am glad that I went with it and we will be getting a lot of good games int he coming months as well

You wanna know why? You wanna know why this was probably one of the best conferences in years? You wanna know why even if you are a Nintendo only user and have no interest in the PS4 you should care about this conference? And why it was probably one of THE most improtant conferences in years?

You wanna know why?

Because WE WON. We won the console wars.

It wasn't a company, it wasn't a corporation, it was the consumer.

We have dreadded for years that the day would come that DRM would grasp the consoles and never let go, that games might get locked to a system or an account, that our rights as owners of property would slowly come to an end.

With Microsoft making that step in that direction, if we're all honest, everybody was worried that Sony would follow, and if they had, that would have been it, game over for us as consumers.

But they didn't. Why? Because of us, we have won this. For the best part of the next decade we have an outlet for gaming as a hobby that we own and control. We don't have to worry about suddenly being forced to check in, we can now say to our friends 'can I borrow your game if I lend you this?'

And yeah, we got some amazing announcements in the last 2 hours to, but what would be the point in Kingdom Hearts 3? What would be the point in Final Fantasy Versus XV? Why would we get excited over how good Destiny looked? Or Knack? Or Infamous? Or... I dunno the 4th next Sonic game?

What would be the point in any of those if we had so many restrictions on us that our hobby was no longer fun. And then be ripped off at the cash register to?

Even if you don't want a PS4 yet, or are sticking/buying the Wii-U, the fact is, with this move, our hobby is safe.

In the words of the Doctor.

IT IS PROTECTED!

This! This right here! After the fiasco with EA's newest Sim City game with its online only DRM, and Microsoft moving in that direction, it's a huge relief that Sony stood up and said "No" to this. Hopefully the market itself will send that message as well since the best way for people to say no to vote with their wallets and buy from companies who listen to the consumer.

I wonder if Microsoft will use the same hole where all the Atari E.T. games were buried to throw their Xbox Ones, or if they will dig a new one tongue.png

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 4

I know it's too early to tell, but I seriously hope the PS4 destroys the One in games :/ because the One is doing way better in sales than it should be doing.

Don't worry, those preorder numbers mean crap-all if the consumer fails to pay for it at launch. And trust me, when they hear the differences between PS4 and XONE...

So confirmed that you need a ps+ account for online multiplayer..... im okay with this tbh

So, what about the Playstation Vita? Whats the verdict there? I've heard a few people claim this conference to be the portable's "last chance". Now that you know nothing has been done, are you through with the system?

I think whats happening with that is what I suspected would happen.

Gamescom.

I think like with E3 last year, Sony are going to do Vita stuff for a big only lesser important show than E3. Don't forget, this is a show for the media as well as retailers, it wouldn't be wise to do a huge conference and dedicate a large portion to the vita or ps3 when you have the 4th one due out.

So that was really great and pretty damn excited that there was so much good news for the PS4.

Was planning on getting one anyways, but feel better it's definitely not going Microsoft's route with some things. I mean if there's people out there that like Microsoft's approach that's fine and all, it's just not the set up for me. The games looked pretty snazzy but was expecting more that would be in my interest. The Order, Elder Scrolls Online, Battlefield 4, and Destiny kinda all have my attention more or less, but the rest I'm either not interested in or am forgetting about (which is bad too).

I keep hearing that PS+ is needed for online gaming or something? Haven't seen/heard where that was from (or maybe I missed it in the conference lawl), but I guess I'll bite that bullet. The service is great and if the price still stays the same for PS+ then it's not too big of an issue.

Great to hear the price btw. 400 bucks seems extremely reasonable and a perfect sweet spot between the other two consoles. Just barely enough over the Wii U to give it serious though, and under Xbone enough to blow it out of the water, so pretty smart move on their part. Cool beans.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think I'll get one at launch, but rest assured that this is definitely the next console I will get. Xbone can rot.

I know there's that video, but was it confirmed whether 3rd parties are allowed to use their own DRM or not? I know that Sony were previously vague about that.

Amazon: Thank you for your order 1 Playstation 4.

... ... ... Oh shit...

What the fuck have I just done!?

Okay, I have a rule that has served me very well for the last 2 console generations... that rule is... NEVER DAY 1 A CONSOLE! It has worked wonders... and now I've just pre-ordered a PS4 and I'm... kinda regretting that choice.

Why?

Because there is still A LOT I don't know.

1: How big is the HD Drive? Whilst I doubt this will be much of an issue in the first year or so... this WILL become an issue once big digital games start being offered.

2: Exactly how many launch titles are there gonna be and what are they?

3: Same criticism I gave and still give the Wii-U. Kingdom Hearts is going to be a long way off. FF15... I just...

4: WHERE WAS THE LAST GUARDIAN!?

5: Is it region free?

I don't think I'll get one at launch, but rest assured that this is definitely the next console I will get. Xbone can rot.

Pretty much same here. PS4 is definitely gonna be my second console, if I get one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anybody else feels like Sony is luke skywalker, Microsoft is the deathstar, and Nintendo(with their direct tomorrow) shall be the Han solo that knocks Xboxs Games(darth vader) out of the way

Also I am sticking with my Wii-U, but I have nothing against the PS4 for sure

5: Is it region free?

Yes, all Sony products are region free.

I keep hearing that PS+ is needed for online gaming or something? Haven't seen/heard where that was from (or maybe I missed it in the conference lawl), but I guess I'll bite that bullet. The service is great and if the price still stays the same for PS+ then it's not too big of an issue.

From what I saw.

If you buy a PS+ membership on the PS3/Vita/PS4. It can be used on all those systems and you get all the benefits. Kinda like how it is now, only add Playstation 4 to it.

Yes, PS+ IS needed to play online. However, they did have this small thing on the bottom of the graphic they used which said $5 per month. So I don't know if thats the value they work it out as, or if it's a seperate charge you can pay if you don't want to fork out the full yearly/90 day membership.

Look, can we just accept that Last Guardian is deader than that Sonic Saturn game?

(Says the guy who waited for 5 years for Mirror's Edge 2)

• Thumbs Up 2