Awoo.

Sony @ "E399" "It was the Summer of 2013... and we danced... how we danced"

Badnik Mechanic

nintendo will have bayonetta, i'd say that puts them a million times better than microsoft's current standing if a million times zero wasn't zero.

Wait. So the ps4 online isn't free? Fffffuuuuu....

It's like 5 bones per month or something like that.

tumblr_mo7jbcoCjn1qce7tgo1_r2_500.gif

approximately what occurred today.

If Mikasa was the Wii U it would have been PERFECT.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, Sony blew Microsoft out of the goddamn water.  I have high hopes for Nintendo, but I have a feeling Sony's going to win this year.

It's funny how, after winning 6th gen, Sony got complacent and allowed MS to shoot past them in 7th gen, but now MS got complacent in 7th gen and Sony have shot past them with 8th gen. Is this going to become a pattern until one of them drops out of the console race?

You wanna know why? You wanna know why this was probably one of the best conferences in years? You wanna know why even if you are a Nintendo only user and have no interest in the PS4 you should care about this conference? And why it was probably one of THE most improtant conferences in years?

You wanna know why?

Because WE WON. We won the console wars.

It wasn't a company, it wasn't a corporation, it was the consumer.

We have dreadded for years that the day would come that DRM would grasp the consoles and never let go, that games might get locked to a system or an account, that our rights as owners of property would slowly come to an end.

With Microsoft making that step in that direction, if we're all honest, everybody was worried that Sony would follow, and if they had, that would have been it, game over for us as consumers.

But they didn't. Why? Because of us, we have won this. For the best part of the next decade we have an outlet for gaming as a hobby that we own and control. We don't have to worry about suddenly being forced to check in, we can now say to our friends 'can I borrow your game if I lend you this?'

And yeah, we got some amazing announcements in the last 2 hours to, but what would be the point in Kingdom Hearts 3? What would be the point in Final Fantasy Versus XV? Why would we get excited over how good Destiny looked? Or Knack? Or Infamous? Or... I dunno the 4th next Sonic game?

What would be the point in any of those if we had so many restrictions on us that our hobby was no longer fun. And then be ripped off at the cash register to?

Even if you don't want a PS4 yet, or are sticking/buying the Wii-U, the fact is, with this move, our hobby is safe.

In the words of the Doctor.

IT IS PROTECTED!

THANK YOU HOGGY, THANK YOU!

Someone give this man a medal.

Also, Sony/Nintendo/PC FOR LIFE!

You wanna know why? You wanna know why this was probably one of the best conferences in years? You wanna know why even if you are a Nintendo only user and have no interest in the PS4 you should care about this conference? And why it was probably one of THE most improtant conferences in years?

You wanna know why?

It wasn't a company, it wasn't a corporation, it was the consumer.

We have dreadded for years that the day would come that DRM would grasp the consoles and never let go, that games might get locked to a system or an account, that our rights as owners of property would slowly come to an end.

With Microsoft making that step in that direction, if we're all honest, everybody was worried that Sony would follow, and if they had, that would have been it, game over for us as consumers.

But they didn't. Why? Because of us, we have won this. For the best part of the next decade we have an outlet for gaming as a hobby that we own and control. We don't have to worry about suddenly being forced to check in, we can now say to our friends 'can I borrow your game if I lend you this?'

And yeah, we got some amazing announcements in the last 2 hours to, but what would be the point in Kingdom Hearts 3? What would be the point in Final Fantasy Versus XV? Why would we get excited over how good Destiny looked? Or Knack? Or Infamous? Or... I dunno the 4th next Sonic game?

What would be the point in any of those if we had so many restrictions on us that our hobby was no longer fun. And then be ripped off at the cash register to?

Even if you don't want a PS4 yet, or are sticking/buying the Wii-U, the fact is, with this move, our hobby is safe.

In the words of the Doctor.

IT IS PROTECTED!

Dammit Hogfather I'm out of likes. I agree 100 percent! SONY HAS PERSERVED GAMING FOR ALL OF US, A VICTORY FOR GAMERS, FUCK YEAH!

Edited by Chaos Warp

Microsoft are done. NO reason to get that crappy XONE. No reason.

No fucking joke my friend. Microsoft just lost on day fucking 1 of E3.

I am an Xbox 360 owner, I love my Xbox 360...but I'm jumping ship man, the PS4 has everything and the Xbox One has nothing...except maybe that TitanFall game, it looked like it might be decent...but...PS4 literally has everything else.  A stronger console at $100 less?  How does that work?

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait. So the ps4 online isn't free? Fffffuuuuu....

It's tied to PS+

And trust me when I say you want that PS+

The only games that I saw which I would be keen on buying are The Order: 1886 and Killzone: Shadowfall. The rest was just so much noise. Still, that's one more must-buy than I saw in Microsoft's event.

I lolled heartily at all the jabs at Microsoft.

Nintendo, for all of you telling them to step it up, is (sadly) only going to be showing its North American catalog for the rest of 2013. I wouldn't expect to see much of any third party material, beyond mentions and logos, nor would I expect any megaton announcements. It will not be the event we (including myself) want them to have.

there was a war going on.

what

there was a war going on.

what

Different to the "normal breed" of console wars, but yep. The war of gamers against games being ruined.

This was seriously the best E3 conference I've ever seen.

I cried today. 

I screamed.

I watched in joyful silence.

Today is one of the day's I really feel happy to be a gamer. And I'm so glad we were all here to experience this together.

• Thumbs Up 9

Microsoft got cocky and arrogant after the success of Xbox 360. It won't go past me if they still think they can 'crush' Sony with the XONE.

I wonder. If online is tied to PS+, perhaps Sony are trying to balance out the initial lower cost of the console with a subscription service that will get them more money back in the long run.

I am so thankful that Sony feels like we shouldn't be treated like goddamn children. As much as I like Nintendo, it would be sad if they were the only company I could find joy in anymore.

I know it's too early to tell, but I seriously hope the PS4 destroys the One in games :/ because the One is doing way better in sales than it should be doing.

Sony is the master when it comes to consoles, with Nintendo coming in second with the Wii U. X-Box One, move over. let the champs handle this.