Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

dude one of the most awesome things in this trailer was Sonic.

seriously, I never quite liked how he looked in his CG model, his facial expressions and such always looked quite ugly in Gens/Unleashed for me, (yes I know it's the same fucking model) but here?

he looks awesome all the time here, I mean look at the bastard:

170533-sonic-lost-world.jpg

254687-SonicLostWorldTrailer.jpg

I want to hug Sonic, as painful as it sounds. nnnnnnnnnngh.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow I was expecting new gameplay but not like this. This is probably the biggest departure from previous gameplay since Sonic went 3D for the first time. Even Unleashed was kind of an evolution, or perhaps a dilution, of the Adventure-style. I think Unleashed and SA2 are actually pretty similar.

This though...this is radically different. This looks like a modern Sonic game from an alternate universe where Sonic XTreme was released and set the standard for 3D Sonic gameplay.

I'm very interested to see a full level to get a grasp for what the game is actually going to play like but I'm certainly intrigued by both the newness and retro-ness of the game. Somehow it looks like the freshest and yet most classic 3D Sonic game. THERE ARE FLICKIES

I'm hyped for more info

Edited by Spooky Mulder

Wow, they really managed something. It's the first time in years that I don't see fans having mixed reactions to a reveal trailer.

Not just here, but other places that I go to are praising the game highly as well. Even people who are not into Sonic are liking the looks of it. It dragging in the hardcore Mario crowd too...for obvious reasons.

Its nice to see people getting genuinely excited now for Sonic. The healing phase is over.

Edited by Voyant

All I have to say for now is that I'm digging the return of angular, geometric plants.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

kiklmt9.jpg

*Looks at the train*

I feel so fucking left out. Now I know how you guys feel about me. :(

• Thumbs Up 3

I think my favorite of the Deadly six...speaking from a design standpoint of course, is the little purple Ghirahim looking thing.

I hope the release date isn't too far off.

EDIT: Also, grabbing ledges was something we shoulda had a loooong time ago, considering how often we've fallen to our deaths because we missed a jump by a hair.

Edited by Thirsty Pocket

I think my favorite of the Deadly six...speaking from a design standpoint of course, is the little purple Ghirahim looking thing.

I hope the release date isn't too far off.

EDIT: Also, grabbing ledges was something we shoulda had a loooong time ago, considering how often we've fallen to our deaths because we missed a jump by a hair.

You could do it in Adventure 2, but to be fair it sucked.

Its nice to see people getting genuinely excited now for Sonic. The healing phase is over.

Er...I wouldn't say the healing phase is over just yet. This'll definitely speed things up even faster, and may actually complete it come the time it's released.

We've already heard this before. It was the head of a different topic.

I say don't hold your breath until we see them. And after that, don't hold your breath on them doing anything major until otherwise noted.

Wow, they really managed something. It's the first time in years that I don't see fans having mixed reactions to a reveal trailer.

And all those X-Treme similarities...

Ya missed my post I see.  

Art style dude, that and it fits with Sonic cartoony vibe even more so.

The six deadly cereal mascots?  

*Looks at the train*

I feel so fucking left out. Now I know how you guys feel about me. sad.png

The thread to submit your avatar was around for what seemed like months.  I am of course not there because when the hell was the last time I got hyped over Sonic?  

The six deadly cereal mascots?

Sonic used to be in a fucking Cheerios commercial, "cereal mascots" is not a valid argument to discredit the notion that they work in this particular environment. I haven't seen one conscious attempt at disproving that they fit beyond "they're not animals" or "they look too cartoony".

• Thumbs Up 9

I think they fit in with the Sonic series' new aesthetic, but maybe that's just me. Certainly fit in more than something like Dark Gaia. Seriously, fuck that thing.

• Thumbs Up 7

Sonic used to be in a fucking Cheerios commercial, "cereal mascots" is not a valid argument to discredit the notion that they work in this particular environment. I haven't seen one conscious attempt at disproving that they fit beyond "they're not animals" or "they look too cartoony".

They're reeeeealy bland.  

• Thumbs Up 2

The word "bland" at this point is so overused that I don't even know what counts as "bland" anymore.

The thread to submit your avatar was around for what seemed like months.

Apparently I never saw it, somehow.

I think they fit in with the Sonic series' new aesthetic, but maybe that's just me. Certainly fit in more than something like Dark Gaia. Seriously, fuck that thing.

The weight thing is, Dark Gaia himself may have looked ridiculous, but all the Dark Gaia enemies (and Chip) looked perfect.

No idea if it's been mentioned, but the song in the trailer is this one - 

Absolutely loving the design of this game, and the new enemies do fit in with Sonic's cartoon like world. However, these 'Deadly 6' don't look that deadly the way Sonic runs rings around them in the trailer.

The weight thing is, Dark Gaia himself may have looked ridiculous, but all the Dark Gaia enemies (and Chip) looked perfect.

I thought Dark Gaia looked pretty perfect given that its supposed to be an ungodly Eldritch abomination. It wasn't meant to look cartoony, silly or anything like that. It was designed to look hideous, intimidating and thoroughly unappealing. Which it was.

I honestly don't see how Dark Gaia doesn't fit, yet all the other monsters that came before it, especially Chaos who started the whole damn Monster of the Week get away with it. That and what Scar said.

I honestly don't see how Dark Gaia doesn't fit, yet all the other monsters that came before it, especially Chaos who started the whole damn Monster of the Week get away with it. That and what Scar said.

With the way that every other character was done in Unleashed (that includes Sonic, Eggman, NPCs, enemies et al), Dark Gaia stuck out like a fair bit. I didn't mind him too much though. It's just that he was more realistically designed than everything else in the Unleashed artstyle. Chaos and Biolizard fit into their game worlds more, and Dark Gaia would have been more at home in those games. Chaos definitely doesn't get special treatment because nostalgia goggles or anything like that. Unleashed was set in a stylised real world, while SA1/2 were less stylised. Either way, Dark Gaia wasn't that bad. He just looked a bit out of place.

I've purposely left out Solaris, Devil Doom and Metal Overlord because wtf were they thinking.

I've purposely left out Solaris, Devil Doom and Metal Overlord because wtf were they thinking.

Well Solaris was meant to be a god, and I think it looked pretty god-like. But Devil Doom and Metal Overlord were just clusterfucks...

Either way, Dark Gaia wasn't that bad. He just looked a bit out of place.

Seemed right at home with everything else to me given what they were going for, but i digress.

I'm sorry guys, but as you've gathered from my status updates, I'm really not feeling it with this game. Yeah, I've got an avatar of the Green Guardian 'Sassy' but that's because it looked good... until they announced the Wisps. God dammit, Sega, why are you bringing back things that I don't like. I know it's not all about me, but the Wisps fall into 'shitty gimmick' for me. As for Yacker, well he's a 'shitty friend' and no doubt he'll be back.