Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

Gotta say, I'm going to kind of miss the badnik designs from Colours and Generations. They fit together really well with all of Eggman's Heroes- and Unleashed-era robots, and even if none of those return here, I'll miss the ~idea~ of that visual cohesion.

also the new designs just plain look a little dumb but whatever

Virtually every other thing than that looks really great, though. I'm honestly excited to see more in a way I haven't for a Sonic game in a good long while. I can't say I'm too thrilled at the prospect of Wisps maybe returning, though, even though I'm apparently the one guy who thought they worked alright in Colours; this game just doesn't seem like it needs them on top of all of the changes it's making to the basic formula. It'd be a bit weird story-wise for them to suddenly reappear after all tearfully flocking off at the end of Colours, too, although I guess there's always an excuse for that sort of thing.

And not a single grind rail in sight.

I'm very excited for this!biggrin.png

Grinding hasn't been fun since SA2 honestly. I wouldn't mind if it returned, but only if its more organic instead of being a level transfer segment.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's kind of hard to judge how the game is graphically by analyzing fan-made stills of a 720p Youtube trailer. The game no doubt has a ways to go these always look better in person.

The Wisps are definitely an interesting choice. I wonder how many of them we'll see, or if Sonic's going to get any more power-ups.

I'm just personally excited they're doing something different that doesn't look totally shitty.

My concern is that they're purposefully going for this art style, which would mean that it won't improve. Generations was beautiful, but this... ehhhhhhh.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, do you guys think Tails (or any of Sonic's other friends for that matter) will have a big part in this? Aside from those two new moves, there's no real "gimmick" this time, and we all know that Sega has to have a unique gimmick to make this stand out from the other games. I think the gimmick will be another playable character (Tails)...what do you guys think?

I'm a lot more interested in the area on the ground/in the background than the actual tube to be honest. I'd rather run around down there haha.

I really hate the tube design.

This trailer (and all of the images posted of it) has made me very excited! The level design is very interesting to say the least, as well as the new moves. I can't wait to see more gameplay!

And not a single grind rail in sight.

I'm very excited for this!biggrin.png

I can't believe I didn't notice that XD

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm a lot more interested in the area on the ground/in the background than the actual tube to be honest. I'd rather run around down there haha.

I really hate the tube design.

The tube design seems like it could be VERY disorienting.

Also, I really want to see how it'll use the Wii U Gamepad here, call me the minority in this, but yeah.

Edited by TripsS3

So, do you guys think Tails (or any of Sonic's other friends for that matter) will have a big part in this? Aside from those two new moves, there's no real "gimmick" this time, and we all know that Sega has to have a unique gimmick to make this stand out from the other games. I think the gimmick will be another playable character (Tails)...what do you guys think?

The gimmick seems to be the return of the Wisps!

I wouldn't get your hopes up for other playable characters just yet, the level design looks like it was made for Sonic only. Tails flying around in this place would be a disaster....

It'd be epic if Sonic Lost World 3D took some stuff from Sonic CD. I could see the return of Super Peel Out.

Dio said earlier that pinball physics ought to be excluded

Ahh I never said it like that. Just that I don't expect it to be a thing.

Kick_zpsc622d463.png

What are the implications of this kick-jump move?

....I liked homing attack....

And those are the UGLIEST MOTOBUGS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE....

I'm REALLY hoping that the graphics are going to be exclusive to this game....

The homing attack still exists in some form, you can see it towards the end.

No way that they're worse than Sonic 4's.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Kick_zpsc622d463.png

I'm REALLY hoping that the graphics are going to be exclusive to this game....

The homming attack IS still in this game, which makes me wonder WHY there is a jump kick move, it seems sort of odd.

And id advise you wait till more eniornments and stuff are shown before going "I never want to see graphics like these again!"

Don't count on them being anything but optional diversions. They've been completely stowed away from the looks of it so far and personally I expect it to stay that way.

I have to disagree with that, I doubt Sega would use the same gimmick twice. There HAS to be something else...

Edited by SonicBoyAnt

Maybe the Wisps will use the Gamepad? Use the gamepad to draw the cyan wisp route.. etc.

Also didn't Sonic Generations first reveal trailer have downgraded graphics and textures when it first came out?

This... THIS is beautifully amazing. This is what I wanted to see. What we've got... is shit. That's all I have to say about it. It doesn't look good at all.

The gameplay doesn't look too bad, I think the gameplay is an improvement, but the graphics are needlessly a HUGE step backwards.

EDIT: I think the Wisps are just intended to be a cameo. Although to be honest, I can't actually see them, so I'm not sure about them at all. I certainly couldn't make out a wisp in the pictures Hogfather posted. It looks to me like a teeny-tiny blur because its so far a way, I don't see how anyone can say you can clearly make out a wisp in that picture.

Edited by JaidynReiman
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not going to repeat what everyone said already (Mario Galaxy, X-Treme, Sonic 1, blahblah -oh wait, I did). But, man, I'M HYPED.

Can't wait for more details.

The homming attack IS still in this game, which makes me wonder WHY there is a jump kick move, it seems sort of odd.

And id advise you wait till more eniornments and stuff are shown before going "I never want to see graphics like these again!"

My bad, I didn't notice the homing attack.

And I'm not whining so much about the level design as I am about the super-stylized art direction. I understand Sonic is a cartoon, I just wasn't expecting this much simplistic Saturday morning all over the place, especially succeeding a game like Generations. 

Maybe the Wisps will use the Gamepad? Use the gamepad to draw the cyan wisp route.. etc.

No thank you.

Looking absolutely fantastic! Loving the new moves, the visuals, the nods to the classics, and how inventive the levels look. Needless to say, very interested in finding out more.

Edited by CC14 the Vipester

The visuals are definitely a li'l disappointing but that video quality was generally pretty awful. It looks extremely unpolished and personally I'm expecting the visual quality to improve in leaps and bounds in the months up til release. Normally with Sonic games lately they seem to focus on visuals but this is made of like 100% all new gameplay mechanics, physics, etc from the looks of things. Visuals understandably took a backseat to getting the game design working.

Still, if the graphics don't get better up til release I will be kinda disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 3

My concern is that they're purposefully going for this art style, which would mean that it won't improve. Generations was beautiful, but this... ehhhhhhh.

If they were aiming for this art style I'm sure it would be reflected in the CGi scenes as well. Right now the two look pretty different though and that's not really typical from recent Sonic games. I'm not really impressed by how the game looks right now either but I do believe there will be improvements.