Awoo.

Xbox: A New Generation Revealed - Tuesday @ 10am (PST) / 1pm (EST) / 6pm (GMT)

Patticus

Backwards compatibility isn't a switch console makers decide to turn on or off. It's an inherent feature of the hardware matching or not matching the previous hardware. x86 CPUs don't run powerpc executables, there is not a choice there, they just physically do not do it. It would be too costly to stuff a whole console inside another just for BC.

Paying a fee for used games seems like bullshit, though. Look at bright side though: At least the developer is going to get some money from used game sales.

Ahem, you mean the publisher. EA for example.

Call me devil's advocate but this thing is still gonna sell loads, in America that is.

Entertainment devices have always done better than we expected, look at the iPad, the One is a sports and media machine that plays all the mainstream favourites in games and gets exclusive DLC for them; it's possibly going to be the console of choice for that market.

Bloody hell Microsoft, WTF?

If you can't even play pre owned games on the damn thing then I'm out fo sho! I'll just go back to playing my Wii U kthxbai.

There's a reason why EA and Microsoft have a new, strong relationship. But we all saw this coming didn't we?

It must be exactly what they wanted to do with the Wii U's online system.

This is very likely the reason behind EA distancing itself from Nintendo, because Nintendo wouldn't play ball, but Microsoft offered them a pay-wall in exchange for getting cozy with them.

Nintendo did the right thing and has to suffer the consequences in its dearth of EA titles, while Microsoft may well pay dearly in console sales and retail support for its decision in the other direction.

• Thumbs Up 3

This next gen is shaping up to be something I don't care to be part of.

I mostly buy new games but having to pay extra for other people playing on the console? No.

Local Multiplayer to be further shunned or outright dropped?

All signs are pointing to the Sony regaining its dominance this generation. My hopes are very high for the PS4... and I pray that they don't end up disappointing me like Microsoft have. As it currently stands, theres not an iceberg's chance in hell of me purchasing a One, and I hope that it doesn't become the console of choice here in the states. 

I really hope Xbox One crashes and burns when it's released. It's a disaster I tell you.

LOL!!!!

Sony's Shares have gone up following the Microsoft Conference!

Good for Sony! I'm actually more interested in the PS4 than this Xbox One, which forces a fucking pay wall on you!

Is it possible that Sony will also have a used game pay wall?

We would've known about it by now. If Sony had it too, that would be stupid as hell!

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't remember who it was that said it before but.... you were right.

DvilFfz.png

Seems they had mics set up at the back and the cheering was being fed into the livestream.

And erm... this.

untitled8outz.png

And now for the best part of the conference.

EPq7AsY.gif

We would've known about it by now. If Sony had it too, that would be stupid as hell!

Maybe.

Doesn't stop EA games on the system from using something similar, as Sony tends to leave that to publisher discretion.

I'm not going to have a firm opinion on One or 720 until E3. Too many unanswered questions and assumptions right now.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is very likely the reason behind EA distancing itself from Nintendo, because Nintendo wouldn't play ball, but Microsoft offered them a pay-wall in exchange for getting cozy with them.

Nintendo did the right thing and has to suffer the consequences in its dearth of EA titles, while Microsoft may well pay dearly in console sales and retail support for its decision in the other direction.

Remember they announced the Online Passes being scrapped? This is why they scrapped it. XONE blocks used games so online passes are useless. What they are going to do with the PS4, I don't know. We'll find out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember they announced the Online Passes being scrapped? This is why they scrapped it. XONE blocks used games so online passes are useless. What they are going to do with the PS4, I don't know. We'll find out.

If so, considering that EA has stopped releasing games for Nintendo, that may suggest that Sony are pulling the same shit, and the only reason EA ditched the Wii U is because nintendo didn't play ball.

It doesn't block them so much as it forces you to pay a fee (say, oh, $10?) for each one.

I'll wait till after E3 before I make a decision, but I'll admit that the PS4 looks a lot more appealing right now.

The Used Game cockblock thing is an extremely stupid move. I don't care about installing games is you don't have to use the disc isn't that what you do with a PC even then you need the disc. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Does mean it won't play DVD's and Blu Rays. Doesn't that contradict their focus on Multimedia?

I am confused didn't EA say they were dropping the Online Pass. Maybe that only applied for current generation only? sleep.png

If so, considering that EA has stopped releasing games for Nintendo, that may suggest that Sony are pulling the same shit, and the only reason EA ditched the Wii U is because nintendo didn't play ball.

I wouldn't be so sure, because : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

But yeah, we will have to find out more about this in E3.

I'm not going to have a firm opinion on One or 720 until E3. Too many unanswered questions and assumptions right now.

This is true. Jesus, who believe their so much negativity that you get roped into it. sleep.png

• Thumbs Up 2