Awoo.

Xbox: A New Generation Revealed - Tuesday @ 10am (PST) / 1pm (EST) / 6pm (GMT)

Patticus

hahahahahaha

you know you didn't

I'm sort of serious tho. I was playing some vidya and wondering if anything mattering (wrt games/price/etc) was announced, amidst all the usual post event negativity overload.

Half the sites I use aren't even loading lol

Seriously though, that event was very mediocre.

Xbox One? I'm sorry but that name is just silly, does it indicate that it's the first of the next gen or something? Not a big fan of the voice commands either, if past experience has taught me anything, Kinect will probably screw me over when I'll ask it something.

Heres something interesting....

Remember that 8GB of Ram thing? How they glossed over it? Well... why didn't they mention the type? You know, like how Sony made a big deal about it because it was that GDDR5 thing?

So... what type is the next Xbox?

The average person is just gonna go 'Oh hey it's got 8GB of RAM like the PS4' but unless it's the GDDR5 thing... it's really not gonna get developers as excited.

I can see why they went with the TV stuff, they needed something to separate themselves from both the Wii U and the PS4... The only thing is that the TV stuff is not particularly interesting, especially when compared to Sony's social gaming online stuff.

A break "I can't wait to wink at a shop keeper and get a discount on a sword" <----------- Wut.

Furthermore they dedicated a lot of the presentation to the new Kinect, a design which virtually everyone is already incredibly sick of seeing disappointingly shitty presentations on. You can try and sell it as hard as you want, no one is going to eat that shit up until you release a game for it that's actually worth playing. 

• Thumbs Up 3

That was already pretty much a given.

If the xbox mini add-on is true, I'll buy that to play 360 games.

That was absolutely atrocious.

An entirety of times spend on guff we all knew would expect. Mention of "15 exclusives" but none but Remedy's game is mentioned which is only a 30 second prebaked cutscene. Instead of talking about all those games? Nope, gotta make time for sports. Also one more thing... CALL OF DUTY DLC CAMPAIGN!

And the fucking name? Xbox One? I'm more confused hearing that name than I am the fucking Wii U, and this conference seriously makes Wii U look like a fucking bang for your buck.

• Thumbs Up 4

Call of duty: Dogs. 

BKzsWgSCcAABkOF.png

Confirmed for EVERY NEXT GEN CONSOLE.

I know they are just going to kill that doggy off at the end of the game for emotional effect.... but OMFG I'm sold on Dog squad members.

Sic Em Boy.

As for the XBox one... meh. I guess I'll wait and see what some people do with it. (and did they learn nothing about tech demo's from the PS3 reveals? Madden? seriously bro)

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Heres something interesting....

Remember that 8GB of Ram thing? How they glossed over it? Well... why didn't they mention the type? You know, like how Sony made a big deal about it because it was that GDDR5 thing?

So... what type is the next Xbox?

The average person is just gonna go 'Oh hey it's got 8GB of RAM like the PS4' but unless it's the GDDR5 thing... it's really not gonna get developers as excited.

DDR3 is perfectly fine for 8GB of unified memory. DDR5 is only going to be an advantage for the GPU, and neither system is probably going to be powerful enough that it will make that much of a difference.

It's official.

Well, damn.

What I have to wonder is this:

The lack of backward compatibility results from the new console's hardware architecture, which is a significant departure from that of the Xbox 360. "The system is based on a different core architecture, so back-compat doesn't really work from that perspective," said Whitten, corporate vice president of Xbox Live.

Doesn't rule out the rumor of the Xbox One playing 360 games via that 360 Mini: http://www.inquisitr.com/614772/xbox-mini-xbox-720-backwards-compatibility-tv/

The used game block sounds like shit, but not as bad as expected. Still, I don't want to have to install game. And what does this mean for playing the game at friends' houses? They even talked about how great it was taking Halo to a friends' for the first time to play together.

Curious about the price.

I fucking hope this console crashes and burns. Normally I don't wish that on any console but holy shit this is just awful.

The same applies to the PS4, though.

That was absolutely atrocious.

An entirety of times spend on guff we all knew would expect. Mention of "15 exclusives" but none but Remedy's game is mentioned which is only a 30 second prebaked cutscene. Instead of talking about all those games? Nope, gotta make time for sports. Also one more thing... CALL OF DUTY DLC CAMPAIGN!

And the fucking name? Xbox One? I'm more confused hearing that name than I am the fucking Wii U, and this conference seriously makes Wii U look like a fucking bang for your buck.

From the little I've seen and from what I'm hearing from you all, I'm kind of looking at the Wii-U with longing eyes. Sony has not done much to warrant my purchase of their new platform and honestly, I kind of want Bayonetta 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

Real talk? This was better than the entire conference:

They should've showed this instead.

I never got to use my Popcorn.gif. Shame. Ah well, I'll wait till E3. :3

It's official.

Well, damn.

I rest my case. Not getting the Xbox One anytime soon. =I It has some great concepts but it doesn't interest me one bit.

I forgot to mention. The conference was pretty boring btw.

So to sum it up:

TV, sports, sports, Kinect, TV, sports, sports, sports, hey look a new IP that for some reason is being advertised in live action, sports, sports, Call of Duty. In other words, every dudebro's wet dream.

On the plus side, 8 new exclusive IP's for a company that previously had, what, two? Gives me something to look forward to at E3. Though knowing Microsoft they're probably sports games and shooters.

Edited by Speederino

So basically, they didn't even mention the always online rumors. That's not a good sign is it?

I'm sort of serious tho. I was playing some vidya and wondering if anything mattering (wrt games/price/etc) was announced, amidst all the usual post event negativity overload.

Half the sites I use aren't even loading lol

Okay, channeling my inner journo.

1. Console is called Xbox One
  2. 8GB Ram
  3. Blu ray player
  4. Kinect2.0
  5. Smartglass support
  6. Features a new controller and Kinect- Kinect has 20-60 ms lag. It's down 20ms or something? lag is way improved.
  7. Some guy said a whole lot of BS about the new kinect that as far as I can tell was completely bullshit.
  8. EA is realeasing a fuckload of sports games.
  9. Xbox has a strong focus on TV/Multimedia. They showed Windows 8 style docking of skype and a tv guide.
  10. Within the demo, switching between a game, move and music was virtually instantaneous, much unlike the 360 requiring you to leave a game, or even like the Wii U. It took maybe a second to switch between movie, game and music, and all of them were in the state they were left in- ie: didn't have to be started again.
  11. 15 exclusive games- 8 of them new IPs
  12. Apparently the Kinect camera will recognize you and log you in when you pick up a pad
  13. A remedy game... something something dream. About a psychic girl and the apocalypse? had an alan wake style live action cutscene.
  14. Forza 5 at launch
  15. Cod Ghosts- now with extra dogs. Still looks like the shitty old engine with new tricks.
  16. Halo TV series annouced. 
  17. Always online neither confirmed nor designed

I honestly don't give a crap about NFL, CoD and the TV/Kinect nonsense which is all I can remember from this conference.

• Thumbs Up 1

Call of Duty Ghosts doesn't even look as good as Crysis 3.

Also, Don Mattrick apparently literally just said this on the GTTV Stream;

"We didn't want to overload people with too many games".

I am not fully convinced with that kotaku article. I am gonna wait for more before I judge that aspect of the console.

1. Console is called Xbox One
  2. 8GB Ram
  3. Blu ray player
  4. Kinect2.0
  5. Smartglass support
  6. Features a new controller and Kinect- Kinect has 20-60 ms lag. It's down 20ms or something? lag is way improved.
  7. Some guy said a whole lot of BS about the new kinect that as far as I can tell was completely bullshit.
  8. EA is realeasing a fuckload of sports games.
  9. Xbox has a strong focus on TV/Multimedia. They showed Windows 8 style docking of skype and a tv guide.
  10. Within the demo, switching between a game, move and music was virtually instantaneous, much unlike the 360 requiring you to leave a game, or even like the Wii U. It took maybe a second to switch between movie, game and music, and all of them were in the state they were left in- ie: didn't have to be started again.
  11. 15 exclusive games- 8 of them new IPs
  12. Apparently the Kinect camera will recognize you and log you in when you pick up a pad
  13. A remedy game... something something dream. About a psychic girl and the apocalypse? had an alan wake style live action cutscene.
  14. Forza 5 at launch
  15. Cod Ghosts- now with extra dogs. Still looks like the shitty old engine with new tricks.
  16. Halo TV series annouced. 
  17. Always online neither confirmed nor designed

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, Don Mattrick apparently literally just said this on the GTTV Stream;

"We didn't want to overload people with too many games".

Wow really? They really don't want this to be a gaming console first and foremost huh.

Hey Microsoft, how about you make use of that name with a fitting tagline?

One Xbox to rule them all, One Xbox to find them,
One Xbox to bring them all and in the games bind them
In the Land of Microsoft where the consoles lie.

• Thumbs Up 4

*star Trek was mentioned almost every second for the first 20 min for reasons we don't understand.