Awoo.

Xbox: A New Generation Revealed - Tuesday @ 10am (PST) / 1pm (EST) / 6pm (GMT)

Patticus

xbox-analysis.jpg

"And what is the deal with the clock on my Xbox? Just how do you set that thing?"

seinfeld_jerry_240x260_052820041524.jpg

I'm excited about the Halo show. Forward Unto Dawn was good and Spielberg is working on this, so it's definitely cool sounding.

-----

What's with the weird symbols on the Start and Back buttons?

Edited by MarcelloF

The XONE looks so big and bulky in size. I hope it's light...

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, I didn't expect it to be this bad. Xbox One, seriously? It's a dumb name and htc might sue!

Also, no one gives a shit about the kinect at all. Sequels everywhere on this thing too.

It's so big I don't think you could even put it upright like the Xbox360, PS3 and Wii U! Sure doesn't look like it anyway. Makes me wonder even more what the PS4 will be like.

No backwards compatibility...well, crap. So you can't transfer your account and achievements as well?

Remember that 8GB of Ram thing? How they glossed over it? Well... why didn't they mention the type? You know, like how Sony made a big deal about it because it was that GDDR5 thing?

So... what type is the next Xbox?

The average person is just gonna go 'Oh hey it's got 8GB of RAM like the PS4' but unless it's the GDDR5 thing... it's really not gonna get developers as excited.

GDDR5 has been used by nVidia and aTI for years. Having it in their console isn't that spectacular - and certainly shouldn't net any applause - as it's not innovative in the slightest. If people actually gave Sony a positive response to that reveal.. I question their knowledge of hardware to begin with.

If the "One" doesn't have it, it's simply going to be a hardware difference (and possible cost difference) like the Ps3 had with the 360. It won't affect gameplay in the slightest and would only marginally ever influence the appearance of a game.

The XONE looks so big and bulky in size. I hope it's light...

That's what she said.

I couldn't help myself.

• Thumbs Up 2

With that news, well fuck this shit. Goddamn Greedy Capitalist Fuckers. 

nojWx.gif

Edited by turbojet

Okay, real talk time. Over cynical bitching mode over (kinda), so let's look at things.

The Xbox One. Eh, it's a name. Though I guess now I'll have to call the original Xbox the original Xbox because 1 somehow refers to the third now. I wonder if it'll confuse people like Wii U.

The TV features. Eh, don't care. Some of them almost seem like Tex Avery "TV of Tomorrow" gags. I guess the features are kind of cool. But this is a game console, games is what I wanna see.

And they kinda showed 'em? EA Sports, yawn, I guess Forza and the Quantum Break thing look kinda alright, what little we saw, but they don't really excite me personally. Call of Duty: Ghosts I will say looks a bit more interesting than the average Call of Duty, but only a bit, and I can't say I even cared about Call of Duty before it became a punchline, and it's multiplatform anyway. So, yeah they did a piss poor job showing games. They do reportedly have those new exclusives including new IPs, but I have to be suspicious. I don't expect things to be as good as they sound, but we'll see what E3 brings. Eh.

Halo TV series? Cool if you're into Halo, I guess, all I have to say.

So yeah, I guess there are things here for some people to find interesting. I'm not really one of those people. I've made it no secret that I'm not a Microsoft fan, but I do always have to see what all the new consoles are gonna be about. So far they've done little to sway me from my Ninty/Playstation duo that's always worked for em in the past, but if ya like what ya see here, cool, more power to ya.

EDIT: WAIT USED GAME BLOCKING BULLCRAP FUCK THIS RATIONAL FUCKERY BACK TO CYNICIAL BITCHING MODE FUCK MICROSOFT AND THEIR FUCKING ANTI CONSUMER BULLSHIT AND FUCK THEIR BUDDIES ACTIVISION AND EA WHO I'M SURE ARE IN LOVE WITH THE IDEA, FUCK THIS FUCKING SHIT!NINTY/SONY MASTER RACE 4EVER

Edited by Donkey H Kong

No used games (without $$$ at least), and no backwards compatability?

dogpi.gif

Fuck you very much, MS. PS4 and Wii U for me.

• Thumbs Up 9

No backwards compatibility...well, crap. So you can't transfer your account and achievements as well?

The quote I read seemed to say that the Xbox One cannot play 360 titles "from that perspective", but it doesn't kill the Xbox 360 Mini rumor of working with the Xbox One to play 360 games on the same network through the Xbox One.

I mean, it does fit with the idea that the Xbox One is a hub for all your devices. They already listed off the TV, the controller, the Kinect... could 360 also interact with the One?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

IT BLOCKS USED GAMES AND THEY'RE TIED TO ONE ACCOUNT

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-always-online-but-seems-to-block-used-509077987

xbox-analysis.jpg

Things I think it looks like.

One of those ciggarette packets with the 'unbranded packaging'

A grey Zippo fire lighter.

The VCR my parents owned in 1987. (this is a positive.)

The console is bulkier because it's using larger components, it seems. Probably to avoid overheating and eventual RROD fiascos.

I'm sure most owners would put up with the VCR look if it meant their new system could last longer than a year.

Besides, I kinda liked VCRs

If people actually gave Sony a positive response to that reveal.. I question their knowledge of hardware to begin with.

Might be. But the person in charge of the PS4 design however knows his shit really damn well when it comes to both hardware and software, and he was fully aware it could be a relatively pricey move. If Cerny thinks it's going to be beneficial, who are we to argue?

edit: oh shit used games rage goddam wtf were they thinking

Edited by Dobkeratops

The console and controller look fine, really nice even, but the name is rubbish and the lack of BC or used games is a deal breaker for me.

Things I think it looks like.

One of those ciggarette packets with the 'unbranded packaging'

A grey Zippo fire lighter.

The VCR my parents owned in 1987. (this is a positive.)

LOL Stop it Hogfather, you are killing me here.

Microsoft might as well drop out of the console race, what the fuck kind of reaction were they expecting from gamers- nay, consumers in general on this garbage?

• Thumbs Up 8

Backwards compatibility isn't a switch console makers decide to turn on or off. It's an inherent feature of the hardware matching or not matching the previous hardware. x86 CPUs don't run powerpc executables, there is not a choice there, they just physically do not do it. It would be too costly to stuff a whole console inside another just for BC.

Paying a fee for used games seems like bullshit, on the other hand. Look at bright side though: At least the developer is going to get some money from used game sales. Still extremely unappealing to the costumer and the player, however.

Edited by Dr. Homem
  • Thumbs Up 1