Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

Also, how do you unlock Tails and Knuckles? Just finishing the game?

mellow.png

Seems that Tails is for beating the game, but Knuckles you have to beat it with the Chaos Emeralds with Sonic and Tails separately. People winning it with both without the Emeralds don't seem to get Knuckles. So you will have to learn to love your abusive relationship with the special stages.

Tails, Sonic & Tails = Finish the game

Knuckles = Finish the game with all the Chaos Emeralds

I don't think its just finish with the Chaos Emeralds, cause I finished it with Sonic with all of them first time and didn't get Knuckles. Wasn't till I won it with Tails with the Emeralds that I got him. Unless replaying Final Zone with Sonic after opening Tails would have done it?

I dunno, I did it with sonic a second time (failed getting the emeralds the first, maybe you gotta do it twice and get the emeralds in at least once run?

Edited by Jolt_TH

I got Tails and Knuckles just for beating it with all the Chaos Emeralds.

And also trolls complaining about buttons and Spin Dash; the app used fucking Modern Sonic artwork before the update and had an advert for Night of the Werehog on the home screen. HOW IS THAT BETTER??

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm confused over the beef with spindash. You can just turn it off if you want. :\ Anyways that's the problem with reviving old things, you get fans of the original getting upset over any changes in the new version. I'm afraid to say I was like that with Castle in the Sky. Anyways this is great. I've been playing Sonic 1 every now and then since 1991, and I love this version. Stuck on Spring Yard Zone because of the controls, and I haven't a single Chaos Emerald but whatevs. This game gives me warm fuzzy nostalgic feels and I'm yet to find any Easter eggs.... bet I will squee my ass off! Gotta thank StealthTax, this really is amazing work.

There are people complaining over Tails being playable on the Sonic Facebook page, saying things like "this is wrong tails wasnt in the original sonic", trying to sound all smart. :/

Anyways, Sonic 1 was the very first video game I ever played, back in 1999, and I've played and beaten it several times since. Yet, I consider this the definitive version of the game. These complaints just have to be coming from trolls.

Edited by Super Spindash

So, Tails & Knuckles have exclusive paths? How does that work? I would love to see some videos of it.

It's more an add on where Sonic can't get, like an alternate path.

The only thing I can think of left to find the Easter eggs would be to finish the game with all 4 with all the emeralds, see if that does anything.

So, Tails & Knuckles have exclusive paths? How does that work? I would love to see some videos of it.

The only one I know of at the moment is in Marble 3. Instead of following the usual path that takes you underground, you can fly/climb up the wall there to uncover a whole new route above the rest of the stage. Someone which a method of capturing video will show it off soon enough.

I've currently cleared the game with Sonic, Knuckles and Tails alone with all the emeralds. In Sonic and Tails mode I'm up to Marble 1 with 2 emeralds.

qMjpt3C.png

S

S

SUPER SONIC

IN

SONIC 1

-faints-

Edited by Super Spindash

What's the monitor on the left in the bottom screenshot?

Not sure of that myself.

But hey, the very fact these monitors exist kind of implies that Sonic 3 content is being worked with.. could it be?

GUYS, Here's a trick to get all the chaos emerald easily (iOS):

when you fail the stage and touch the goal orbs, exit immediately (don't let the score screen appear) the game by pressing the iphone central button, and then close the app (by holding the central button and tapping the "-"). 

Then re-start the game and you'll be at the start of the special stage again. You can do it countless times!!

smile.png

Edited by BlueHedgehog92
  • Thumbs Up 1

What's the monitor on the left in the bottom screenshot?

It... looks two spikes, I think? Maybe it's meant to be a stand-in for the Eggman monitor? Or maybe it's something entirely new, seeing as there's apparently new monitors solely for the Chaos Emeralds, as seen on the right of the first screenshot.

Edited by t0ms0nic

To be fair you can pause and restart anyway within the special stage

To be fair you can pause and restart anyway within the special stage

Not once you've hit the goal you can't. And there's an additional glitch in resetting after hitting the goal that stops the stage from rotating until you hit one of the speed up/down buttons (depending on which speed it was at before you restarted).

Oh I know, I always press it if I'm in free fall!

And THAT is what they do! I never knew what the up and down buttons did!!

Edited by Jolt_TH

Bit more information from the guy at NeoGAF that posted the two screenshots:

Yeah, I was using the control pad and buttons. I don't now how to access it with the touch screen controls.

I think one of the boxes gave me all the emeralds because the next time I played a bonus stage and got the emerald it gave me all 7 of them (there's an option in the debug/level select menu for 6 or 7 emeralds as well). This unlocks super sonic and I can do the Sonic 3 double jump air slash move. The element shields are available in the stages as well. It gave me the water bubble in most of the labyrinth zone, and the lightning shield to use against eggman in act 3. I think they just replace the regular ring protector monitors.

So it sounds like there's a Sonic 3 mode, down to each Elemental Shield having designated spots in each of the levels as replacements for the regular Shield, as well as the fact that it's actually got programming for getting a 7th Chaos Emerald from the Special Stages. Get cracking on finding out if this is normally possible, everyone!

BUT WHATEVER, LET'S SPECTATE ABOUT A GAME SEGA HASN'T ANNOUNCED AND NOT TALK ABOUT TEAM STEALTH TAX'S EFFORTS

ACTUALLY NO, LET'S GO TALK SONIC LOST WORLD INSTEAD

Edited by t0ms0nic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Could someone post of picture of Sonic's sprite and the Night Of The Werehog ad that were in this version before the update? 

I know we are all about Sonic 1 at the moment, but do we know anything about Sonic 2? Extras, dates ect? Anything at all?

Hey, well I am hoping for Knuckles Chaotix next! A guy can hope cant he XD