Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

So after last nights conversation and todays events.

The odds of Hidden Palace being in the Stealth Tax Sonic 2 just went up right?

• Thumbs Up 5

I got 'em all, baby. By Spring Yard act 2, nonetheless. Knuckles, here I come! :3

Also, fuck the Sonic 1 special stages in this remake. I swear they've been made a million times harder; I NEVER noticed that the 'UP' and 'DOWN' symbols change the speed in the original.

tfwmfWk.png

Okay... I got my mom to buy me this cause my credit card is maxed out. The enhancements will hopefully justify it :P

So after last nights conversation and todays events.

The odds of Hidden Palace being in the Stealth Tax Sonic 2 just went up right?

Any idea when we might get the new version of Sonic 2. This year or next?

Edited by -Bender-

I just gotta say this.

You know the comments on SEGA's Facebook and blog and everything saying "PUT 3&K ON IOS AND ANDROID WAAAAAAAH"

Yeah, just wait. When Taxman eventually does it (I hope... take your time though! :3) they'll complain, saying "GIVE US A NEW GAME YOU LAZY ASSHOLES WAAAAAH"

Just watch. It will happen. Unfortunately, but definitely. The exact same thing happened with SA2 and PSN, XBLA and Steam.

Calling it now-something from the original 1990 Tokyo Toy Show Sonic demo is located in this Sonic 1 remake. If Taxman went out of his way to add stuff from the beta versions of Sonic 1, then I won't be surprised if the Welcome screen, Sonic's original 'cowboy stance" sprites, or some other recreated assets from the demo is hidden within the game as well.

Edited by Gabe

Maybe someone could actually take a look inside the game's files or something?

All this beta stuff in debug is awesome!! Haven't seen any sign of being able to get Sonic to do the fist pump after a level yet tho or a title card change for Scrap Brain to Clockwork Zone :P

Would have been cool as an unlockable mode, like beta play through with all the beta elements in game. Start level signs, UFO's in Marble Zone, Splats in Green Hill, the Wrecking Ball as part of the level, Goggle boxes in Labyrinth etc etc as like a playable mode rather than just messing around with them in a no save debug.

That would be a dream, but what we got is fantastic enough, I spose Sega wouldn't have given the ok on a beta mode so this is the next best thing. Amazing work. It's too good to be true. Can't wait for Sonic 2 even more now, Hidden Palace, Sonic's alternate running animation, maybe even some Wood Zone or a nod to Genocide City with title card changes or something.

Welp, beat the game with all Emeralds.

t5jDnNI.png

I'm gonna go beat it as Tails with all Emeralds, S&T with all Emeralds and Knuckles with all Emeralds, get all the achievements, then... mess around with Time Attack and debug mode, I suppose. :P

Calling it now-something from the original 1990 Tokyo Toy Show Sonic demo is located in this Sonic 1 remake. If Taxman went out of his way to add stuff from the beta versions of Sonic 1, then I won't be surprised if the Welcome screen, Sonic's original 'cowboy stance" sprites, or some other recreated assets from the demo is hidden within the game as well.

That would be a bit more difficult... we already had sprites for the goggles and the UFOs, but there's no assets for that demo. Assuming said demo is the one Naka said was stolen.

Well Tax, cant wait to See Sonic 2, hope both come to PC. Also, I still have my fingers crossed for S3&K, and for you guys to do the first, the best, and the definitive Knuckles Chaotix port for multi-platform

I guess Mr Monster guy ins't in any of the debug stuff?

Again, as I said, Taxman tends to add things using previously-available art assets. Unless you've got the Mr Monster alpha and aren't telling anyone, in which case you really ARE a Hogfather, I doubt he'd do much of that.

• Thumbs Up 1

If he can add new sprite sets and animations to Sonic 2's version of Tails. As well as adding Tails txt to the title screen etc then I'm sure he is more than capable of adding some start of zone signs or even Mr Monster Guy based on the screenshots of them. Tho it would take a lot more work than I imagine Sega were willing. And like you said not likely.

The game always crashes before any level loads and I'm being sent back to my HTC Wildfire S's app list. Several user reviews on Google Play report the same problem. I never had such a problem with Sonic CD. I just hope they fix it soon..

Downloaded this onto a Toshiba AT300 android tablet and it's completely unplayable as it runs too fast! Over the space of an actual second, almost 2 'In game' seconds pass. Sonic hares about like a fucking nutter, springs up in the air then falls again like a dead-weight as you can imagine. My reflexes are good but not THIS good. Gave the first special stage a go and was turfed out again in moments after zooming at a 'goal'. This is the problem with android devices I suppose, the game can't be optimised to run perfectly on them all. Gutted as the game looks amazing.

You know how Spring Yard Zone, Act 2 has two exits (just like Collision Chaos Zone, Act 2 in Sonic CD). A lower exit and a higher up one. Well, I was just playing Act 2 of Spring Yard Zone as Knuckles and I found a THIRD even higher up exit which I believe has been designed specifically for Knuckles and Tails! It's too high for Sonic to reach.

Has anyone else discovered the third exit (without using debug mode)?  

Stealth and Taxman you guys rock!

Edit: You can also get to the higher route using AI Tails to fly/carry Sonic.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 1

That would be a bit more difficult... we already had sprites for the goggles and the UFOs, but there's no assets for that demo. Assuming said demo is the one Naka said was stolen.

Hence why I said "recreated assets."

You know how Spring Yard Zone, Act 2 has two exits (just like Collision Chaos Zone, Act 2 in Sonic CD). A lower exit and a higher up one. Well, I was just playing Act 2 of Spring Yard Zone as Knuckles and I found a THIRD even higher up exit which I believe has been designed specifically for Knuckles and Tails! It's too high for Sonic to reach.

Has anyone else discovered the third exit (without using debug mode)?  

Stealth and Taxman you guys rock!

Yeah, I found it too.Great stuff indeed. They also added a second goal post to SLZ1 because there were always two exits there.

Yeah, I found it too.Great stuff indeed. They also added a second goal post to SLZ1 because there were always two exits there.

Yeah I was curious about that too. Just went and passed the second goal post.

Oh and (I am very slow to realise this) but when playing as Sonic and Tails (AI), you can get Tails to carry Sonic (like in Sonic 3&K). You need to tap the jump button a few times to get (AI) Tails to start flying. Then you - Sonic - just have to jump up to Tails so that he carries you. At least that means Sonic can also explore those added extra routes. This game continues to amaze.

It's now a lot easier to get to the higher route in Labyrinth Zone, Act 1. Whilst that is a massive shortcut, you can't get enough rings to enter a special stage at the end of that act. The max you can collect is 49 rings taking the (shorter) higher route, which is so mean.

So how will Sonic 2 top this?

My 1400th post. Neat!

Edited by -Bender-

Yeah I was curious about that too. Just went and passed the second goal post.

Oh and (I am very slow to realise this) but when playing as Sonic and Tails (AI), you can get Tails to carry Sonic (like in Sonic 3&K). You need to tap the jump button a few times to get (AI) Tails to start flying. Then you - Sonic - just have to jump up to Tails so that he carries you. At least that means Sonic an also explore those added extra routes. This games continues to amaze.

So how will Sonic 2 top this?

My 1400th post. Neat!

There's an even easier method- press up and jump to make Tails fly instantly and Sonic will hang on.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's an even easier method- press up and jump to make Tails fly instantly and Sonic will hang on.

That didn't work for me, the only way I could get it to work is hold up and press jump twice.

Also incidentally, I still haven't unlocked Tails..! I've just been messing around on No Save Mode the whole time, but once I get some more work done I'll hopefully be able to actually get stuck in.

Took long enough to Photoshop and position in the right places, but I just got it done with now ^^

aM8tzKl.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I bought the game on my Galaxy Gio and it doesn't go past the level tile screen, wasted 2.85 euros.

Edited by JamieDawg