Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Solid SOAP

Well, to me it seems to be based off of New Super Mario Bros on DS than those other games you mentioned, since it has the same graphics style, theme tune etc.

Well, to me it seems to be based off of New Super Mario Bros on DS than those other games you mentioned, since it has the same graphics style, theme tune etc.

While this may be true, if the game is half as awesome as this game it will be a lot better than it looks:

Believe me, watching it will not tell you how much fun it is.

Um, that was a link to a Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures gameplay video, what did that have to do with NSMB Wii? (both made by Nintendo yes, but still)

Meh, I'm not really interested in the co-op in Zelda or this game to be honest, I'm hoping you can play it solo in case I do decide to get the game.

Co-op is great and all, but it's a damn shame there's no possibility with co-op on WiFi. =/

Meh, I'm not really interested in the co-op in Zelda or this game to be honest, I'm hoping you can play it solo in case I do decide to get the game.

My point is Four Swords didn't look that interesting at all before it came out, but you have to play it to realize how amazing the game is with 4 people. It is seriously one of the best multiplayer experiences I and many I have played with have ever had, and we play various games on various consoles. You could argue Four Swords just looks like a Snes game made to have four people, but it was so much more but there's no way to understand without playing it with three other people.

I bet this game will be similar, which is also why people who have played it say it is seriously fun. Just think New super Mario Bros mixed in with Four Swords, and if you ask me that's a win equation.

My point is Four Swords didn't look that interesting at all before it came out, but you have to play it to realize how amazing the game is with 4 people. It is seriously one of the best multiplayer experiences I and many I have played with have ever had, and we play various games on various consoles. You could argue Four Swords just looks like a Snes game made to have four people, but it was so much more but there's no way to understand without playing it with three other people.

I bet this game will be similar, which is also why people who have played it say it is seriously fun. Just think New super Mario Bros mixed in with Four Swords, and if you ask me that's a win equation.

The trouble is though, you're gonna have to find 3 other people to play with to get the most out of the game, and most of my friends don't live near me and while I have one sister who likes Mario games, that's still only 2 people.

If it worked online I would be alot more interested.

Without friends to play multiplayer I'm afraid that often means just not enjoying multiplayers are much as you could do. As for me I often have too many friends to play multiplayer with meaning there's gonna be a lot of switching involved.

Earlier today I remember how hard Mario World and Mario Bros 3 were, and I think it's a real shame how Nintendo have almost changed Mario into a non-gamer series due to his mascot status getting instant popularity with new gamers. Basically I'm increasingly worried about how easy this game will be. It just begs the question, why don't Nintendo impliment a hard mode? Surely it couldn't be that difficult to do, but so many gamers would be happy with it.

So if NSMBW doesn't have these things I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with it:

- More characters

- Harder than NSMB, or with a hard mode.

How could a hard mode even work in a game like this? The number of hits it takes to kill you is already locked. Most enemies in Mario games die after you jump on them once. I guess they could make bosses take more hits but that doesn't really make it harder, just longer. Are you talking about remixed levels? That seems like a lot to ask for when the game is said to have 80+. In short, it's not going to happen. I think Zelda is the series they need to focus on making more challenging anyway. At least I've died in NSMB and Galaxy. I haven't been killed in a Zelda game since MM.

Well what was hard about SMB3 and SMW? There's your answer, it doesn't always have to be about stage design.

It would be simple enough, just replace enemies with harder ones like SMW's NewGame+, ad more canons or bullet bills, add more Red Koopas with difficult flight paths instead of green Koopas, there are tons of things to make a game harder with more enemies.

Without friends to play multiplayer I'm afraid that often means just not enjoying multiplayers are much as you could do. As for me I often have too many friends to play multiplayer with meaning there's gonna be a lot of switching involved.

But my point is, why take a mostly single player game (as main series Mario titles always are) and make it a multiplayer game? It kinda ruins it for those who don't have alot of people to play with in close range of them, especially without online support.

Well what was hard about SMB3 and SMW? There's your answer, it doesn't always have to be about stage design.

It would be simple enough, just replace enemies with harder ones like SMW's NewGame+, ad more canons or bullet bills, add more Red Koopas with difficult flight paths instead of green Koopas, there are tons of things to make a game harder with more enemies.

Yeah I guess that would work, but I still don't think Nintendo will do it.

But my point is, why take a mostly single player game (as main series Mario titles always are) and make it a multiplayer game? It kinda ruins it for those who don't have alot of people to play with in close range of them, especially without online support.

Unlike Four Swords it looks like it'll be perfectly fun in one player too. Why not put the option in there for those who want it? I've wanted a CoOp Mario game my entire life up until this moment.

Yeah I guess that would work, but I still don't think Nintendo will do it.

Exactly, which sucks, and makes me lose even more faith in them. I can't believe the same Nintendo used to make Mario games hard because they knew it was one of the games that gave their more loyal fans the most enjoyment.

And you know what? It still does, but if there's any recurring criticisms I have of Mario games it's that they're now far too easy, almost insultingly.

Okay, this is just a feeling, but I swear the overall "vibe" I've got from what we know about the game is that it'll be easy to beat, and tough to 100% clear, which was the case with NSMB. World 7 was pretty taxing (hell, so was World 8 actually despite it being mandatory), and the giant coins were very fiendish at times (though admittidly occasionally for the wrong reasons - collecting and keeping a mini mushroom was usually more challenging than completing the puzzle it was required for).

I think there'll be stuff here for the hardcore player too, and if not: multiple hardcore players pitted against each other at the brief "okay guys, now it's your chance to be a bastard and be traitors to all your friends to get the most coins! etc" moments will be fairly intense and challenging, hehe.

Unlike Four Swords it looks like it'll be perfectly fun in one player too. Why not put the option in there for those who want it? I've wanted a CoOp Mario game my entire life up until this moment.

I mean, it looks like they're going to make the game more fun to play in co-op as far as I can tell,or possibly you'll need to play co-op to get even close to the full experience from it whether a single player option is present or not.

That's what kind of bothers me. If it's still a blast solo and I'm proven wrong I'd love that, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Edited by Leon K Fox

Well to be fair, when a game is made for single player the multiplayer elements fall short, and when a game is made for multiplayer the single player elements fall short, that's just how it works...

For once in the history of the Mario series I want a game where CoOp gives you the best possible experience of the game.

Well, to each their own I suppose.

There's still Super Mario Galaxy 2 to get excited about, so it's not like I won't get my single player Mario fix I suppose. (even if it is more than a year away from being released)

So, apparently IGN is confirming that the names of the two Toads are Yvan and Wolley, and that they are brothers as well in their new feature spotlighting the Koopalings.

Also they now have footage of Larry Koopa in battle.

(And yes, I am totally aware that as a Robotnik fan, Yvan is an alternate etymological form of Ivo. which in turn is a form of Ivan.)

Edited by Kintobor

I don't think they are official names. IGN decided to have some naming contest or something and those names won. I don't think Nintendo will honor it as official, but I could be wrong. I personally like to call them Toadledee and Toadledum. Since it seems most Toads that actually have names have the word toad in their name.

Edited by speedfreak

I'm quite intrigued by the fact that Larry jumped away after he was defeated as opposed to just staying knocked out. Could it be that we fight each of them more than once? (A final level where you fought each of them again in order, with new tactics and platforming sections in between the battles, before you fight Bowser would be so cool!)

Edited by ChaoticBlue

That battle right there is pure win. Also, for the battle between if it will be good single or not, I think it will be pure fun alone. I play lots of multiplayer games alone as well and I have a blast with them.

I hope the Toads aren't named... if anything it just further suggests that while players 1 and 2 are original characters, 3 and 4 are multiplayer recolours and nothing else! I'd hate to think we can't even be regular Toad, but they seriously need to put Wario or something in there aswell....

Edited by SuperLink