Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Solid SOAP

I believe this game will work and be amazing. It basically seems to be New Super Mario Bros mixed in with Legend of Zelda Four Sword Adventures (which, btw, was one of the best co-op multiplayer games I have ever played on any console ever. It seriously was amazing, and with four players, it was just... Wow, mindblowingly fun and one of the few games I go back to play with others to this day). Four Sword Adventures has Snes style-graphics styled after a Link to the Past, but with Wind Waker effects that really did add.

If this game can compare at all too Four Sword Adventures, this is a must buy for me.

We haven't had a 2D Mario platformer on the consoles since 1993. I know I'M buying it.

I would love to see a FSA remake, but be able to play it without GBAs. The single player was pretty fun but I never got to experience it multiplayer... ever. And I hear it's pretty damn fun.

It was awesome in multiplayer Soap. I'd rather have an all new game then a remake, but it was so good I would rebuy it for Wii if they could make it simpler to just turn on and play without needing all the bullshit.

Personally I'd just rather Nintendo make an actually decent online system, so I can easily play games like Four Swords Adventures and New Super Mario Bros. Wii with my friends. The problem with Nintendo is that they're stubbern to keep up with the times, and stay in the back just to prove a point/make more money. Which is a shame, because they make some damn good games that would be even better if they kept up with the times. I know I would love to play Brawl with an online system as robust as the 360's, or play Twilight Princess with graphics as good as Oblivion's.

Yeah it's a shame that they can be so far ahead of other developers in one way, yet so far behind in others. It's just like the whole no voice acting in Zelda debate in the Zelda artwork thread. They do need to get with the times on certain things. I think we may need to wait for "Wii 2" before we get decent online out of Nintendo. We may not ever see a Nintendo system that compares to Xbox 360.

It looks like classic Mario, pretty much if you don't like the older Mario titles you won't like this. Not for everybody, obviously, which is why they're making Super Mario Galaxy 2. This is what I like about Mario, there's something for everybody these days. Like the old Mario games but not so fond of his newer ones? Get New Super Mario Bros. You'd like to see the next step in the platforming genre, instead of the same old? Get Super Mario Galaxy. Like both? Get both!

Beautiful, I think that if SEGA came out with a "New Sonic" type of series, Sonic fans would be much happier. New fans get their new games, old fans get their classic style games. I really don't see why they haven't already, I know plenty of people who would of bought Sonic Unleashed had it not been for the Werehog stages.

Looks too much like Classic Mario. Meaning, SMB1 and SMB2. (Japan) SMB3 and SMW greatly inproved on the original's formula. Why did they not have all that cool stuff in NSMB? Like, slopes...? Flying Powerup? (Racoon/Tanuki Cape)

But I'm not much of a Mario fan anyway. I like Yoshi though...

Beautiful, I think that if SEGA came out with a "New Sonic" type of series, Sonic fans would be much happier. New fans get their new games, old fans get their classic style games. I really don't see why they haven't already, I know plenty of people who would of bought Sonic Unleashed had it not been for the Werehog stages.

Thing is, even the people that wanted a Sonic 4, and got one, would find something wrong with the game, and not be happy. Sonic fans are impossible to please. Actually, so are most communities.

game looks boring.

Wow, what a mouthful. :P

Like both? Get both!

I would, were it not for my insufficient funds.:(

Looks too much like Classic Mario. Meaning, SMB1 and SMB2. (Japan) SMB3 and SMW greatly inproved on the original's formula. Why did they not have all that cool stuff in NSMB? Like, slopes...? Flying Powerup? (Racoon/Tanuki Cape)

I'm actually going to have to agree, at least on NSMB. It felt more like a continuation of Super Mario Bros. than Super Mario Bros. 3, honestly. Hopefully this new one will be much better in that regard.

Thing is, even the people that wanted a Sonic 4, and got one, would find something wrong with the game, and not be happy. Sonic fans are impossible to please. Actually, so are most communities.

I personally think that Sonic fans set very realistic standards, actually. The majority of the newer games have been abysmal, and thus, fans respond negatively. Sonic Unleashed is for the most part good, so it got good responses. Unfortunately the Werehog levels were forced and quite boring, so they got negative reception.

^ The game wan't called "SMB4" Now was it?

I suppose not, but it implied that it was a sequel to the old Mario games, not specifically Super Mario Bros. 1. It would of been a bit more appealing if they added more other than a few new power-ups, better graphics, and more advanced music. SMW and SMB3's map screens were much trickier and more advanced that NSMB's, featuring secret levels and such.

^ The game wan't called "SMB4" Now was it?
Super Mario World was SMB4.

111480295700lb5xc7.jpg

^ In all fairness, a subtitle added in for marketing's sake is the exact reason lots of people consider Yoshi's Island to be part of the main Mario platformer series when it isn't.

Nintendo always have a good reason for not including things. It seemed to me they wanted to focus on straight-up platforming with NSMB, no twatting about in the air with large open envioronments.

I'll agree NSMB's maps were a little uninspiring, but they threw a few curveballs in here and there. The admittidly easy-to-predict but still cool split up in World 8, and a Forest of Illusion style mandatory secret exit in World 7.

I think flying in 2D Mario is a LITTLE overrated anyway. Just a little though. I mean, it is satisfying to fly over a whole level, but at the same time... you just skip a whole level. The other primary use for flying is finding secret areas, which can be a bit cumbersome and boring if you don't know where to look and are having trouble staying in the air or knowing what the right height to be at is. I'm almost glad to have none of that in NSMB. The secret exits in that rewarded keen observation skills. With the exception of that one Ghost House which required you to find a hidden block, and then crouch and jump ON that hidden block to discover another hidden block containing a vine. That was a little overly vague I admit.

Edited by JezMM

• 2 weeks later...

So I was thinking, do you guys think we'll get other game modes in this game other then the story/main adventure? The original had mini-games but I think a battle mode might be kind of cool. Especially if you can unlock more characters. Then again it might be too much like Brawl. Either way I hope there are extra game modes.

Battle Mode as in, actual fighting? lol, never. The Battle Mode in NSMBDS was fantastic. It was a race to get the most stars in a looping map. You could make your opponent drop their stars and all sorts. Fantastic game that was, Simple and easy concept, but with masses of re-play value.

Battle mode as in a new version of this.

smb3_battle_mode.png

Just with some new ideas and 4 players instead of 2.

*fails to see how that would be like Brawl*

All the Super Mario Advance games had an updated version which included 4 player mode. They could do the same here, but I'd rather see something else you know.

*fails to see how that would be like Brawl*

All the Super Mario Advance games had an updated version which included 4 player mode. They could do the same here, but I'd rather see something else you know.

Yeah, dude, that's still very much Super Smash Bros Brawl, not Super Mario Bros. It's simply shaped to be like SMB. It wouldn't be like Brawl, unless you're asking for them to scrap the gameplay of SMB and replace with a standard fighting system.

Revamped version of the DS multiplayer please. More courses, bigger courses, more powerups, more players. My and my friend spent 50% of our free time at college playing Mario Kart DS, and the other 50% playing NSMB Versus Mode. It was amazingly fun.

Yeah, dude, that's still very much Super Smash Bros Brawl, not Super Mario Bros. It's simply shaped to be like SMB. It wouldn't be like Brawl, unless you're asking for them to scrap the gameplay of SMB and replace with a standard fighting system.

I know it's not exactly the same. I just meant it was similar. And no I'm not saying make a fighting game of NSMBWii. I'm just hoping we get some extra modes other then story mode is all.

Edited by speedfreak

I am not impressed by this game at all personally, I love Mario and I adored the original New Super Mario Bros on DS, but this game looks like a bloody DS game, not just graphically but on the whole.

Unless it's released at budget price due to being exactly like the DS original, I'm not interested in this personally.

If it's not as easy, not too pricey and very different than the original DS game (which I really liked), then I'll get it.

It does look good from what I've seen, but you can't be too sure. :0 Besides, I too want it to be more similiar to SMB3 and/or SMW this time round.