Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Apparently the show's been dubbed into some other languages. I've seen some French and Spanish clips flying about, but is your body ready for Dutch ponies? I know mine is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnj5KmcyNKk

The voice acting sounds pretty good, too! But then again, this is coming from someone who can't understand a word of what they're saying. :P

EDIT:

Russian dub is best dub.

Edited by HunterTSF

I always find foreign dubs of English shows really exciting. I've always found translation kind of fascinating. I'm at work right now, but I'm gonna listen the hell out of those clips when I get home.

About fanfiction... I just don't think I'm quite built for it, or maybe I'm just not quite accustomed to it yet. I don't have a problem with the idea or anything; I just value adherence to canon too much to be comfortable with a lot of what can be written about an ongoing show. I'm the kind of guy who would go back and revise something I'd written if a later episode contradicted it, unless it was an absolutely vital element (and even then I'd brainstorm hard to find something to replace it with). Fics about background characters, about characters who've barely appeared or received any kind of characterization but who might in the future... I mean, imagine all those Derpy or Luna fics that risk being blatantly contradicted when those characters show up in season 2. I can read them and enjoy them, and if I ever got into writing fanfiction again I might even consider including those characters myself, but there's a part of me that finds the whole idea kind of futile, at least until a series is finished. I dunno.

Luna fics face quite a risk of being Jossed, but Derpy fics are a non-issue. Derpy is coming back, but she will have no more of a role in the show than she did in Feeling Pinkie Keen.

Edit: Technically relevant to what I said above: I can deal with angry Luna. I can deal with vindictive Luna. I can deal with scheming Luna. And for that matter, I read TNTNE, so I can deal with Nightmare Moon.

But Evil Luna scares the shit out of me. So of course a GrimDark story popped up today featuring that interpretation that is well-written enough that I have to read it despite any ideas of self-preservation.

Edited by Tornado

There's this one called the "Elements of Discord" I think.

It's an alternate dimension story, that's kind of interesting. It takes a rather cliché idea and tries to make the best out of it. The pacing seems to all over the place, and it took me a reread or two to figure out what the hell was going on in a few chapters. It has a lot of stuff going on at the exact same time, one time we're dealing with Equestria's troubles, other times we're dealing with Fluttershy's adventure into Alternate Equestria, and then we have Twilight Sparkle going... insane because of the Elements of Discord which are from said alternate dimension. It's kind of depressing sometimes too, but it's pretty manageable.

The official My Little Pony facebook page is hinting at something special for the fans. Let the speculation commence! :D

*Crosses fingers*

Please be DVDs. Please be DVDs. Please be DVDs.

:D

Don't know if this has been shown before, but I'm really terrified right now and I need comfort. Please, hold me...

1298575790331020.jpeg
Edited by AdventChild
  • Thumbs Up 3

Advent, you're paying for my therapy because I am going to need it after seeing... whatever the hay that is. Oh dear Celestia! And I thought that Sonic Cosplay was bad! :blink:

Advent, you're paying for my therapy because I am going to need it after seeing... whatever the hay that is. Oh dear Celestia! And I thought that Sonic Cosplay was bad! :blink:

At least he was kind enough to put it behind a spoiler tag O.o But of course, curiosity got the better of me and I clicked it anyway. Oh, dear lord. Whoever thought THAT would be in ANY WAY a good idea? ^^;;

Forget DVDs. Give us Bluerays!

Please, let's be a little more unreasonable.

Sneak peak for Season 2

:wub:

But DVDs and Blurays would be nice.

I've actually been going against the grain of everyone who has said that. I don't want any of the stuff planned for Season 2 to make its way out the door, officially or otherwise, until I sit down to watch it new on TV in a few months.

I've actually been going against the grain of everyone who has said that. I don't want any of the stuff planned for Season 2 to make its way out the door, officially or otherwise, until I sit down to watch it new on TV in a few months.

I see where you're coming from... buuuuuuut I'm one of those people who really doesn't care when I'm spoiled just a bit. I can live without it though.

Edited by Nix

I would prefer to at least know something but nothing much. I'll be patient though.

The announcement is facebook related acording to them. That ony makes me more curious.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Don't know if this has been shown before, but I'm really terrified right now and I need comfort. Please, hold me...

1298575790331020.jpeg

Good gracious Lord! What has been seen can not be unseen. Why, why, why?! Now I'm going to need sleeping pills. No wait, no, I don't want to sleep anymore. What if I have a nightmare about that?

Oh, and Blurays would be nice, I'd buy them all.

...the horror.

I WANT THAT SHIRT

Bwahaha, the shirt (art) in question

twenty_percent_cooler_by_jennytablina-d3inngj.png

I wore this baby loud and proud at SoS (when I wasn't cosplaying as Cream) - and wasn't really expecting Naka to care all that much, after all several people were there wearing custom character shirts too and waaaay cooler custom stuff.

He took one look at me and instantly was curious about who the critter on the shirt was. I tried to explain "Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony" and Naka turns to Iizuka and the Translator, asking both of them if they know who Rainbow Dash is. Iizuka didn't seem to know and that was it. But it made me giggle a little, I wonder if Naka ever looked ponies up after that?

That said there were a LOT of Bronies there, I counted at least 5 pony shirts on the day and had quite a few people pop up aware of ponies to some degree. I met one lass with a bag full of pony toys and holding a Dashie close to her for the day too.

I WANT THAT SHIRT

Bwahaha, the shirt (art) in question

twenty_percent_cooler_by_jennytablina-d3inngj.png

I wore this baby loud and proud at SoS (when I wasn't cosplaying as Cream) - and wasn't really expecting Naka to care all that much, after all several people were there wearing custom character shirts too and waaaay cooler custom stuff.

He took one look at me and instantly was curious about who the critter on the shirt was. I tried to explain "Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony" and Naka turns to Iizuka and the Translator, asking both of them if they know who Rainbow Dash is. Iizuka didn't seem to know and that was it. But it made me giggle a little, I wonder if Naka ever looked ponies up after that?

That said there were a LOT of Bronies there, I counted at least 5 pony shirts on the day and had quite a few people pop up aware of ponies to some degree. I met one lass with a bag full of pony toys and holding a Dashie close to her for the day too.

jennytablina, that art is amazing!

EDIT:

Russian dub is best dub.

HAHAHAHA OH WOW

I just got the craving to see a Russian-made My Little Pony cartoon, you know something that looks like that "Worker and Parasite" gag from The Simpsons.