Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Speaking of crossovers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8P01oN7PTg

I'm not gonna lie. This and the Dan VS. FiM tumblr have totally gotten me into Dan Vs. (which is hilarious, by the way. Funniest cartoon I've seen in at least half a decade, and surprisingly dark considering it is on The Hub).

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 6

Speaking of crossovers:

I'm not gonna lie. This and the Dan VS. FiM tumblr have totally gotten me into Dan Vs. (which is hilarious, by the way. Funniest cartoon I've seen in at least half a decade, and surprisingly dark considering it is on The Hub).

I've been following the Dan Vs. FiM tumblr for a while now, and it's pretty funny. I wish I could watch the show more, but the damn satellite is still on the fritz, it doesn't seem like anybody is going to be fixing it anytime soon, and it's irritating trying to find the episodes online.

From the very few episodes I watched though, I'll say it's a damn good show.

At first I questioned why Robotnik would like ponies, even if it's hilarious, but then I saw this on that tumblr:

tumblr_lz51zppD9S1r79wjn.png

...I shoulda' figured Twilight would be his favourite.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only reason I'm not watching Dan vs. is because I'm having a really hard time (read, it's costing me more than what I'm able to spend) finding the episodes.

Also, lol at Hasbro sitting in a gold mine.

I MIGHT buy a Princess Luna toy if they come out with one. Not NMM tho.

Zecora is making me think about it tho.

The GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie finally has a toy? I'm all over that; I'm definitely getting it when it's released, and perhaps some of the others too!

Now all we need is an AppleJack with proper hat and a Big Mac toy and all will be good. Also, those wedding CMC toys are adorable.

I don't have much interest in buying pony toys myself (at least, not unless we get some decent plushies somewhere down the line), but it's nice that these exist. Zecora in particular is actually slightly tempting, if only because her mohawk means I wouldn't have to style her hair.

...gawd, though, Shining Armour's eyes are really weird. I don't pay enough attention to know if all the male pony toys have eyes like that, or even if this line has had any boys in it before now. They're unsettling, anyway.

Another new episode revealed!

Title: It's About Time

Air Date: March 10, 2012

Summary: Twilight receives a warning from her future self and drives herself crazy with worry.

MY NOT SO LITTLE REVIEW: Overanalysing is Poison.

slowpoke_pokemon.gif

Did you guys heard about the leak? Best Pinkie Pie song ever!

Episode 43: Hearts And Hooves day.

Chapter:

Okay...

So this chapter starts with the CMC doing a more than impressive art job for her teacher, a special present for Hearts and Hooves day just to show her how much they appreciate her... Maybe they overdid things a little but it wouldn't be the Crusaders if they didn't mess something up :V (also this either takes place in the time the Crusaders start making upgrades to their clubhouse or there is an animation mistake/reuse of assets there... Or they have 2 treehouses... Not like that's worth complaining though).

So they go to the school and between some quite interesting background events (like Twist and Truffle OTP and is that me or did Tootsie got sad because of this relationship development?) deliver the giant heart to Cherillee... Sweetie (I'm saying this right now, she freaking stole the show! Sweetie is best CMC) their work is probably nothing compared to the amazing gift Cherilee has for "very special somepony", but the teacher casually mentions that she doesn't have such a thing... The crusaders are dumbfounded! They start asking how can somepony as amazing as her not have a coltfriend!? (50313_127701797275687_9721_q.jpgX1) Cheerilee mentions that she doesn't care (LIES!) because she receives more than enough love from her students, still, the crusaders just can't believe this revelation and then...

2uAds.png

Ideeeaaaaaaaaaa

Sweetie decides the CMC should play matchmaker and find a very special pony for their teacher...

*awesome song*

I was a little bothered by hearing "Sweetie" singing instead of "Sweetie with Apple Bloom's voice" but it was still awesome.

After a lot of searching and singing (and seriously, some of them were way too weird and HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THAT FREAKY PONY IN A GIANT JAR OF JELLY!!!!??? Was the freaking circus in town while this happened!?) they finally find the perfect candidate! Big Macintosh! He is strong, dependable, nice to everypony and he doesn't have a special somepony (50313_127701797275687_9721_q.jpgX2), sure she and Cheers would fall for each other in no time... If it weren't because Mac is painfully shy. Still, the CMC will not let this get in the way of love so they set up a scene where mare and stallion can meet, talk and hopefully fall for each other.

Needless to say, things didn't work as planned (much to Sweetie's chagrin)

Disappointed by their failure the Crusaders crash with Twilight who was spending her hearts and hooves day reading about the holiday (50313_127701797275687_9721_q.jpgX3), she also casually mentions that the origin of the holiday was because of a love potion which recipe is conveniently included in the text, the Crusaders borrow the book and then decide to give it a second try to their matchmaking quest, this time with a little magical (or chemical?) help.

So once again the two lovebirds find themselves under the gazebo, this time under the pretext of testing a new punch the CMC made (with Rainbow Dash levels of subtlety), neither of the older ponies buy that but they decide to humor them anyway, they drink the punch and then after a long silence Cheerilee declares her love for the Apple stallion! The CMC are ecstatic because of their success but soon they find out not everything is quite right with the new couple, both ponies are doing some sickeningly sweet declarations of love for each other (this is really noticeable in the formerly stoic Big Mac) and can't get their eyes off from each other.

A scene after we find out that the CMC didn't made a love potion but they actually did a love poison (now why do ponies leave these things recipe in a book so everypony can make them?), a drug so strong that the first couple that consumed it (a prince and a princess) got so distracted with each other that they neglected all their other duties (and this proves to be disastrous in the case of the royal couple), Apple Bloom quickly reaches Twilight levels of paranoia and starts freaking out about the daring consequences of not having her brother and teacher around but in the middle of her tantrum Sweetie finds a cure for these love venom... They only have to keep the lovebirds apart for 1 hour, now, it would be easier to just ask for some help and stuff like that but it's obvious that the fillies would rather not confess they made a poison that brought chaos and ruin to a whole kingdom and gave them to 2 ponies so they decide to do this by themselves... I can't be that hard can it?

The fillies find the lovesick ponies in SugarCube Corner and after failing to get them separated by the traditional (more physical) means Sweetie brings up the subject of marriage, Big Mac and Cheerilee are surprised at the beginning like if they didn't like the idea of marriage (is that a stealth joke?) but then they agree with Rarity's sister, the little unicorn sees this and tells them they should probably get ready for the big event, and so she takes her teacher to Carousel to pick a dress while Bloom (with Scoot's help) takes his brother to pick an engagement ring (those are hoof rings right?)... All according to keikaku.

Or not. While Sweetie managed to close Cheerilee (using her sister's fainting coach and the kitchen sink that nowadays makes me laugh every time i see it, unintentional running gag I say XD) AB got distracted for a second and missed Big Mac, who is now bouncing to her lover! Scootaloo decides to alert the little unicorn as fast as she can while the youngest Apple tries to stop her brother... Scoot manages to do her part of the plan but Bloom soon finds out that stopping a Big Mac high in love steroids is futile (hory shet! He is like the freaking Juggernaut), just when everything seems lost big Mac falls to a pit Sweetie and Scoot dug jut before arriving to his destination (This is awesome and I'm going to comment about this later)! The CMC breath easily for once but then the red stallion starts screaming for her "schmoopie"... This makes Cheerilee trash the whole boutique and starts running towards Mac, with only 1 minute remaining until the spell wears off the CMC do whatever they can to prevent the 2 ponies to look at each other but their teacher just sends them flying and crash into her lover at the last second.

And thankfully was at the also second, the moment mare and stallion look at each other the poison lost its effect leaving 2 very confused ponies at the bottom of a pit.

The crusaders proceed to explain what just happened, admiting that they might have done things wrong (or too right) but their intentions were good... Seeing this Cheerilee says she will forgives them but only if they agree to do Big Mac chores for some time as a punishment. (does she, or even adult for what matters, have enough authority to impose punishment to non-family fillies like that? Oh well, I guess this was more common practice back in the old days)

Later that day we see the little ponies working while Big Mac and Cheeriee and inform them that they decided to spend their free day at a picnic and throw some sweet talk while they walk together... Just to mess up with the CMC (and I guess with us @_@ ).

The episode is hilarious from beginning to end, but it also it's own share of world building.

The idea behind Hearts And Hooves Day (which is not even confirmed to be an Equestrian holiday, but I'm going to pretend it is) is yet another in the (apparent) pile of happy holidays with some terrifying background Equestria celebrates (with Hearts Warming Day and Nightmare Night), the holiday in question comes from the fall of a whole kingdom because of 2 royals who got contaminated by a love potion and denied their responsibilities...

Another interesting bit is that the princess in the story was another Alicorn... I've always suspected that in Equestria Alicorn was pretty much an equivalent of royalty since I consider these beings to be avatars representing the harmony between the 3 founding races, I've also noticed that (until Leon who might not be even canon) all of them are females while all of their male counterparts are just regular ponies... There is no particular reason as for why things have been going this way but I just felt like pointing this (As I said before, I like to think ponies have a bit of insect hierarchy in them and they are commanded by a "Queen").

Another interesting theory going around the interwebs (though most likely not true) is how despite picture inconsistencies (which tends to happen, look at Celly in the EoH book) the royals who got poisoned are actually Cadence and Shining Armor, the reason behind this theory is that there seems to be a big deal being made out of their wedding and the love this ponies feel for each other... And love is pretty much the reason the kingdom in the story of Hearts And Hooves Day fell... Add Cadence's just revealed cutie mark that consist mostly of a heart which is the most common symbol for love and we have something that could be really interesting. >_>

The fact that the word "Chaos" got thrown around certainly doesn't help since you know what that word could mean in the old Equestria.

And to make things worse (or better?), take in mind the upcoming episode that adds the possibility of time travel and we have a pretty cool timeline...

That is going to be really hard to delete... I thought about it and I just can't un-headcanon it >_>

Yeah...

Characters:

Not a lot to talk about here... So I'll go with some (not so) small points.

- Twilight seems to be as naive as always, I mean, she obviously is genre blind and doesn't know why did the CMC asked her for the book after mentioning the love potion... As for why did she said potion and not poison as the story actually goes, I like to think the books about historic events in Equestria are told like your regular fairy tale, first they state it was a potion and then the ponies later realized they actually created a poison, the CMC only stopped after the recipe and never bothered to check what happened after that, and Twi never got to read that far either so she never advised the little fillies about the dangers of the brew.

- Sweetie Belle stole the show! Her Scheemy Belle ponysona (as some of us dubbed her planing side after Family Appreciation Day) takes full control and commands the CMC with total authority... Maybe what surprises me the most is that in this time she actually succeeds!

The plan to get Cheerille and Big Mac together might have worked (the ending is ambiguous enough to leave that possibility), her scheme to separate the ponies with a wedding plan was actually pretty clever (and might have been more successful if she actually knew all the stuff that must be done before such an event), her plan to stop a love powered Big Mac actually worked (taking chance of the love stuck pony's distraction)! So yeah, Sweetie was amazing here... (this episode might also mark the first time the CMC actually succeed at pretty much everything they tried, things even go WAY too right at some point)

- She was also funny! In the song she does some pretty horrid (yet hilarious) things, she distracts a young colt who was playing at the arcade, she happily bounces in the middle of a funeral and calls an old pony "too old" (I need to mention again, she does this at a funeral, next to another pony's grave!)... Maybe this is her clumsy and oblivious side showing up (Sweetie seems to have a weird combination of smarts and clumsiness) since she also appears next to a sick pony and points everyone how sick he is while happily singing about it... At least she got away from the jelly pony as fast as possible... That pony really creeps me out. >_>

She also had some little outbursts in this episode that were freaking cute and funny, her "OH COME ON!" and "YES!" behind the bushes reminded me a lot of Rarity, it's both awesome and kinda worrisome to look at how much Sweetie is becoming like the fashoinista, I hope she retains a bit of her own personality as she grows. Anyway, as much as she tries to be like Rarity her lack of tact (which is to be expected with her being a filly) clearly shows, but that only makes her scenes even funnier (the moment when she ties to convince Mac and Cheer to drink the punch made me lol IRL, the same happened with her other "scenes").

- Apple Bloom also had her own share of good moments, her singing is pretty good (c wut I did thar?) and she still seems to have her talent for construction and design (she pretty much fixed the gazebo on her own)... I also loved her at the end of the song where she pretty much realizes her friends want to make her brother get laid. laugh.png

- I also gotta love Cheerilee in the chapter, I like how she pretty much behaved like I would expect a single middle aged woman to act whenever Valentines is brought up XD, I also have to admire her patience to deal with the CMC... Her expression when the fillies call her and ask her about an apple tree is priceless... so yeah, Cheers was awesome. (and the CMC agree with me in this one).

- Maybe the biggest disappointment in this chapter was Big Mac, people were really expecting for Mac's time in the limelight and hear some deep, emotional or clever moments from him... What we got was pretty much a troll moment... Maybe we should have been mroe specific when we asked for "more lines for the red stallion". (I actually don't mind this that much, just trying to echo some other bronies thoughts)

I'm probably forgetting something, but that's all I can think about right now.

tl;dr:

PXsp0.png

*goes to read Allegrezza*

So all in all it was a fun chapter, the lack of mane 6 and the (sort of) disappointing performance by Big Mac is probably going to be a really turn off for a lot of people... I personally didn't mind that much... I actually loved the fact we got to see the CMC as some actually competent ponies (despite not really being that thoughtful about their actions) and I personally think it was a clever move to not get the mane 6 as protagonists for a Valentine's episode (though that doesn't mean they shouldn't have been there at all), I also found Big Mac's extended moments of dialogue to be hilarious (in a trollish way).

We also get some entertaining background events and some interesting fanon (which will probably be demolished in a few months) out of this chapter... I love when this sort of things happen, it makes the whole world look more alive. smile.png

And the ambiguous ending was awesome. tongue.png

But I guess (once again) your enjoyment of the chapter depends of how much you like the CMC (I personally love Sweetie Belle and this chapter was pretty much hers, so I'm a happy cat).

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm addicted to Daring Do's TV Tropes page.

http://tvtropes.org/...m=Main.DaringDo

Why TV Tropes and bronies, why!?

if only I hadn't forgotten my TV Tropes password or I would so totally make my own little additions for fun.

Also, why do I love Herpy so much? The thought of a small character getting their name accidently made "Herpy" instead of "Harpy" due to a typo, becoming well loved by the fans, becoming a major character and even getting a ship tease with Daring in the sixteenth book along with a BigDamnHeroes moment just sounds like an awesome parallel to Derpy. Also the whole fridge and Coffee pot paralell.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 1

XDDD Hahaha~ I love this pony shimeji! If you touch Pinky she looks at you~ and flails a bit when you hold her. I adore it. ♥

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha, I tried that and when I clicked on Pinkie Pie, Twilight teleported her away. XD ... I ship it

Meanwhile, if you click on Rainbow Dash your cursor holds her up by the tail, and Fluttershy kinda just cowers. For some reason the other three don't have special animations for clicking on them, though...

Edited by elementofchaos
  • Thumbs Up 1