Awoo.

What Was Your Favorite Part About Sonic 06?

Tamaki Kawazoe <3

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Tamaki Kawazoe <3

• Indigo Rush

• CrownSlayers Shadow

I noticed a lot of people praise Sonic '06 for it's graphics. I ask you, how many next generation games have you played? They look awful. Hell, some last gen games looked better than it, specifically Conker: Live & Reloaded, it had more detailed environments, which were more colorful as well.

Sonic '06 had some moments that looked kinda good, but for the most part it looked generic and bland.

It may have not had the best next gen graphics but they were still good enough. I thought everything looked colorful skip a few levels. I also liked how some levels had all the nice little details! Kingdom Valley mach zone anyone? Jsut because otehr next gen games like metal gear solid 4 can blow it's graphics out of the water doesn't mean it doesn't look nice. People have opinions and on how they think graphics look nice or not nice.

Absolutely nothing. It's one of the worst games ever made.

This is coming from the guy who rented it on both the 360 and PS3.

Though I suppose it's good for comic relief...at the very least.

It's music, all of it; which I always find myself listening to even after the 2/3 years since it came out. Eggman's new look was pretty cool as well I must say, I can't say I prefer it over the more cartoony version Unleashed had but it worked suprisingly well. (Also, that scene where the camera zooms into his glasses to reveal a terminator like system was the most "epic" thing of all the times.)

I like Silver too but technically my introduction to him was in the Rivals games, which had considerably less angst over the "ibwiss twigger" so to me his character came through a lot better.

The music was awesome. Mephiles Phase 2 is outright amazing. The sound is incredibly crispy, the atmosphere is JUST right and overally I dare to say this piece of music is of a quality higher than Throw It All Away, definitely. I wish sir Kobayashi made a remix of TIAA in a similiar fashion. <3 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ /ω\

The story is one of the best Sonic stories IMO. Even the moment when Sonic was killed, as it showed how fragile Sonic really is. He went through the worst of hells, but he's still just a living being and there are many ways of killing him without much effort. It generally gave a different aspect of view at our furries' personalities anyway. Especially the things involving Team Dark - surely you can't say Shadow's some angsty emo anymore. Silver's backstory of a ruined world, which makes seem a plain desert a beautiful place could make one realise their usual problem's aren't really worth this much attention, as in our era it's actually possible for our own real world to be ruined if another world war occurs. Thus we should enjoy living free in such a pleasant world where we don't have to wake up every morning in worry of whether we survive until tommorow (I'm generally a pacifist :P).

I also liked the art direction. SU was awful in that point >Д<

(O_O) (_ _); what's up with that tense changing

Edited by Yume

I enjoyed a lot of the music. Soleanna New City especially, that's one of those songs I can listen to over and over and not get sick of. Although I'd have to say my favorite part of Sonic 06 was actually playing as Blaze. I never really had problems with glitches playing as her (unlike all the other characters), and her short segments were actually pretty fun.

I also liked the art direction. SU was awful in that point >Д<

So you prefer generic, bland, and boring looking levels to levels with tons of inspiration and art behind them I take it?

So you prefer generic, bland, and boring looking levels to levels with tons of inspiration and art behind them I take it?

Yes? ^__^

The music was definitely the best thing about Sonic 06. The greatest music was in the Solaris final boss fight, both Phase 1 and 2. Unleashed's music was greater in many ways to Sonic 06, but the final boss music in the latter game was far better.

Oh, and don't forget the FMV cutscenes! They were beautiful, obviously.

Although I'd have to say my favorite part of Sonic 06 was actually playing as Blaze. I never really had problems with glitches playing as her (unlike all the other characters), and her short segments were actually pretty fun.

Really? There's this one glitsh that I get when playing as Blaze. Sometimes when you do that fire tornado move, she stops in the one place and keeps spinning for ages.

Really? There's this one glitsh that I get when playing as Blaze. Sometimes when you do that fire tornado move, she stops in the one place and keeps spinning for ages.

Haha, really? That's funny. XD I definitely believe you, that game is a total glitch-fest, but that never happened to me.

Silver was my favorite part of '06 by far - I personally loved his gameplay. I feel his part of the game was worth the $15 on its own haha.

Silver's gameplay was unique and awesuhum. The framerate drops with Silver were a HUGE pain in the guts though. Oh, and I don't like Silver as a character btw. But his gameplay had some replay value on me.

Anyway - my favorite part is...well when Silver met Sonic face to face for the first time. XD

I find it somewhat interesting as to how when the game came out and most of us turned out to dislike it massive flaws, while at the same time this same game ironically turned out to fix some problems as well. :blink:

Anyway, I forgot to mention the soundtrack in my first post here. It was gold, various styles of music instead of the generic Rock music that took more space in the series main themes. Although it was mostly breakbeat, DnB, and more orchestra, it had some moments of a jazz and metal added in it.

The Character models were good, I actually like the more streamlined, atheltic build of this Sonic than the smaller (yet still athletic) Sonic in Unleashed.

Shadow's role in this game has all but completely eliminated his "Emo" personality. Although that's not to say he was Emo in the first damn place, because let's be realistic how many emos do you guys know that would take a P-90 and a glock and go almost solo against 3 different armies in his own game? That fits more the Psychotic level than anything.

But while that's all said and done, he doesn't have any guns and focuses more on his Chaos powers and combat, and while he still has his vehicles the control a hell of a lot better than they did his own game. A shame his Chaos Blast attack was wimpy.

Oh and the Robots. They were great. Sleek, deadly, and overall cool looking. The only robot that can top those is Eggman's Egg Dragoon in Sonic Unleashed, and "Ergo".

Some of Sonic 06's evironments on the other hand looked a little bland. Crisis City, Tropical Jungle, Aquatic Base and Wave Ocean (to an extent) are about the only highly detailed levels it had.

And the script can do much better.

Oh and the Robots. They were great. Sleek, deadly, and overall cool looking. The only robot that can top those is Eggman's Egg Dragoon in Sonic Unleashed, and "Ergo".

Hm, fit's him well since he backtalks Eggman a lot, and got bitchslapped for it one time.

"Ergo"? Do you mean SA-55?

What I enjoyed about the game was the music, nothing more.

More than half of the soundtrack was good IMO. I hated Flame Core and its annoying pop up enemies but the BGM for the Flame Core's volcano, I love it. <3

To be honest the only song in the game that stuck out for me was Radical Train; The Chase. Everything else was forgettable to be honest.

Yet another fool here who was a sucker for the music. For some reason, Aquatic Base and White Acropolis stick out in my mind the most. To be honest though, I've only ever played the multiplayer mode along with my brother. The gameplay didn't look to great from what I saw, but the music caught my attention. I'll have to make a point of listening to more of it in future.

To be honest, this game had much potential despite its strong roots in anime fantasy... Ugh...-_-

While I prefer Robotnik as the main villain of the series, Mephiles was actually a fantastic villain. A maniacal and twisted villain bent only on destruction. His purpose was vague, but the way he executed his plans (tricking Silver at a point of lost hope was brilliant) was stupendous storytelling in the making.

And the music, though not as good as Unleashed's (oh, yeah! Jazz it up, Werehog Man!) nor Black Knights (Junny can play those chords hard!), was still great. It was just mostly forgettable. However, Crisis City and Mephile's theme are quite memorable.

However, the storyline was bleh. Lost potential and the fanbase crying for Blaze (causing a huge plot hole) makes me glad that this entire mess never happened.

Gameplay was quite rigid, and Sonic's homing attack responded to the button like a slug.

Overall, it could've been great. But Unleashed was the one to turn out great (despite the reviewer's comparing Werehog to God of War, tsk, tsk, tsk). Same goes for Black Knight.

But with a game that's technically non-canon with the game series (lol, the whole thing NEVER happened) why dicuss it any further?

That's not a glitch, matey. Rather it's just poor design. When Blaze uses that attack she carries on moving at the speed she was going before spinning. If you're going at 2,000 kmph then she'll carry on like that. It's you're moving at 0kmph (stood still) she'll stay stood still.

Though I've never played 06, I really liked the idea of playing as all those characters. I'd love to see each character have their own gameplay style, and bringing many different ways of playing the game. The actual execution however.

I've never really liked how slow the gameplay was, and I always hated how it loaded each time I did a mission. However, I did like the bosses. They were well thought out (not great though).