Awoo.

The Blaze Paradox.

doctorwho13

Actually IIRC aside from '06 Silver's future was only ruined in Rivals 2, and it got better after that.

I haven't played Rivals 2, so I might be wrong though.

For it to work, we have to imagine that time travel in the Sonic multiverse works similarly to how it works in Marvel Comics and DragonBall.

While Silver DID change Sonic's future, there still exists a time line that was never changed which is where Blaze sealed Iblis and left from and because Blaze was in her own universe by the "time" (cause time is relative here) the universe was changed, she wasn't affected by it.

Exactly that's what I'm saying! You can't just dump a time line, it still happened and nothing can change that, and Blaze would not be affected by anything happening to her in another dimension if she is not in that dimension.

Also (off topic) I've heard Shadow was made using Mephillis's DNA? any truth to that?

Edited by doctorwho13
  • Thumbs Up 1

Considering Shadow predates Mephiles by 40 years, that's complete bullshit.

Also, I'm not seeing how being in another dimension makes you immune to time changes in another.

Considering Shadow predates Mephiles by 40 years, that's complete bullshit.

Also, I'm not seeing how being in another dimension makes you immune to time changes in another.

I see...

And if you're in another dimension then why and how could it have any affects on another? They have two completly different laws of physics.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not seeing how it wouldn't.

I'm no expert in time-space physics (far from it), but I'm sure that no matter what dimension you're in, time runs in the same way regardless.

It's like...if you drop a stone into a river, it'll be knocked around by the river. If you take the stone out, put it in a different river and then build a dam on the first river the stone doesn't get affected. 

Point still stands - Iblis and Blaze have zero connection beyond "enemies", Iblis is not the source of Blaze's powers and the Sol Emeralds, and is unlikely to have been intended for that.

I don't think we have a paradox.

just different timelines.

Sonic '06 = bad future.

Sonic Rush, Rivals, Unleashed, Colors = Good future.

the timelines are not before or after each other, they are just alternates, one with Iblis, one without Iblis.

Blaze from the bad future is not the Blaze from the good future.

Oh I know he's not the source of Blaze's powers, he can't be she already had her powers before she absorbed him. But her powers definitely got stronger after she absorbed him, compare her 06 powers to her Rush powers she is clearly stronger in Sonic Rush.

And if he is not the source of the sol emeralds then where did they come from?

Blaze's fire looking weaker in '06 than in Rush can be chalked up to Gameplay and Story Segregation, as well as Blaze never getting a chance to use cutscene power due to her pointless-until-the-end role in the story.

And the Sol Emeralds are the counterparts to the Chaos Emeralds - those don't have an origin, so why should the Sol Emeralds?

But her powers definitely got stronger after she absorbed him, compare her 06 powers to her Rush powers she is clearly stronger in Sonic Rush.

Nope. Her abilities are different from game to game and context to context, same as everyone else; there's no clear in-canon power boost from '06 to Rush.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh I know he's not the source of Blaze's powers, he can't be she already had her powers before she absorbed him. But her powers definitely got stronger after she absorbed him, compare her 06 powers to her Rush powers she is clearly stronger in Sonic Rush.

And if he is not the source of the sol emeralds then where did they come from?

I believe the Sol Emeralds are the Gems of Soleanna.

How.

How would the Gems be the Sol Emeralds.

How would they go to Blaze's world.

How would they spontaneously gain Chaos Emerald-like power over their dimension.

How does all this happen by means other than "a wizard did it".

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 3

That Blaze somehow suddenly became the guardian of after they miraculously made it to her dimension.

Nevermind that absolutely NO mention, reference, or even the most subliminal data so much as even hints that to be a possibility. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Since we don't even know where the Chaos Emeralds came from, the fact that we don't know where the Sol Emeralds came from is indicative of absolutely nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1

How come only Sonic can use them in Sonic 2006, then?

• Thumbs Up 2

I mostly think that because they have the same shape and color as the Sol Emeralds, and other then the time-space stuff, half of the game was fire/sol- centered.

Y'know, despite the fact that there's NOTHING AT ALL other than coincidences to support this theory of yours that states a bunch of shoe gems inexplicably became the Sol Emeralds.

Get some hard FACTS, not FANON.

I mostly think that because they have the same shape and color as the Sol Emeralds, and other then the time-space stuff, half of the game was fire/sol- centered.

By that same logic, I say that the Ifrit boss in Sonic and the Secret rings is the same creature as the Ifrit boss at the end of Sonic Rivals 2. And since they're based on the same mythology, I say they're also the same creature as Iblis.

Also Eggman Nega is the original Robotnik from 1991 grown old.

No, I'm not being sarcastic. I'm being satirical. Totally different things.

• Thumbs Up 1

By that same logic, I say that the Ifrit boss in Sonic and the Secret rings is the same creature as the Ifrit boss at the end of Sonic Rivals 2. And since they're based on the same mythology, I say they're also the same creature as Iblis.

Also Eggman Nega is the original Robotnik from 1991 grown old.

No, I'm not being sarcastic. I'm being satirical. Totally different things.

The Ifrit in Rivals 2, along with Chaotic Inferno Zone, might have been intended to be a reference to Iblis and Crisis City, since Silver's story in Rivals 2 is kind of centered around the Ifrit.

The Ifrit in Rivals 2, along with Chaotic Inferno Zone, might have been intended to be a reference to Iblis and Crisis City, since Silver's story in Rivals 2 is kind of centered around the Ifrit.

That I'll agree with. Silver's future does seem to be developing a habit of being scorched by fiery monsters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Y'know, despite the fact that there's NOTHING AT ALL other than coincidences to support this theory of yours that states a bunch of shoe gems inexplicably became the Sol Emeralds.

Get some hard FACTS, not FANON.

Bro, take a deep breath and ask if this is something really worth shouting about.

(pssst; it isn't)