Awoo.

The Blaze Paradox.

doctorwho13

2. If you wish to believe that 06 is canon (lord knows why), the Blaze you see is really a figment of Silver's imagination. Look at page 10 of the "overthinking things" thread for more info.

Oh, I guess all that could make sense.

Keep in mind this is only my theory, but I enjoy that one as well, it will be interesting to think about. Thanks:)

Steampunk Chemical Plant =/= Blaze lives in the future.

And again, if Sonic lived a long time ago in Blaze's world, how come no-one bats an eye at seeing a guy who lived two centuries ago walking around? Is history not taught in this world's schools?

Regardless of whether or not Blaze lives in the future, there's still Eggman Nega who has been shown to be from both. And if those were machines made by Eggman and Eggman Nega/Whisker and Johnny patrolling the island, why would they run on coal and steam instead of modern technology?

And other than that, Machine Labyrinth isn't the ONLY correlation between Blaze's world and the Genesis games. Many islands seem to be Zones from Sonic 3&K, except they aren't one island, they're several islands a sea apart from each other. What would pieces of Angel Island be doing in an ocean, if Sonic, Eggman, and the rest did not exist back then? What would be holding up Angel Island of that world, and who would guard it? Why on Earth would Eggman Nega be calling himself Eggman Nega from the start, if he never knew a person named Eggman ever existed?

While I don't know why the history of the world isn't paid much attention to, I think my theory has more evidence than any other theory I have read.

Edited by Mr. Awesomest

6 years on I can't believe we're still trying to come up with a reasonable explanation for this. We've discussed every possible theory that we can come up with, some good, some totally non-sensical but at the end of the day none of them have any official grounds and it's just boring now.

We will never get an official answer for this, Sonic Team had no idea what the fuck they were doing with '06 and if the rest of the game wasn't proof enough then Blaze's story should be.

• Thumbs Up 3

Iizuka said Nega's Rivals backstory is his canon one. He probably dicked around in Blaze's world for the Rush series under the guise of a counterpart, then after SRA went back to the future, dropped the alternate Eggman guise and set the Rivals series in motion.

As for why he's named Nega, lord knows (it's stupid, like his design).

Also, if SEGA keeps using Blaze's Rush backstory, ignoring anything 06 related, then in time, maybe people will see that as her official backstory and not 06.

Edited by Santa Attaxx

And if those were machines made by Eggman and Eggman Nega/Whisker and Johnny patrolling the island, why would they run on coal and steam instead of modern technology?
I dunno, why does Grand Metropolis have flying cars while Station Square has ordinary ground-bound ones?

What would pieces of Angel Island be doing in an ocean, if Sonic, Eggman, and the rest did not exist back then?
You could make literally countless theories about this, because the history of Blaze's world is a complete and total unknown.

...also where do we see pieces of Angel Island?

Also, if SEGA keeps using Blaze's Rush backstory, ignoring anything 06 related, then in time, maybe people will see that as her official backstory and not 06.

no they wont.

Blaze got to be one of the most misinterpreted characters of the continuity.

well... Blaze and gay Shadow at least.

one of the reasons I pretty much gave up on almost any fanfiction with Blaze in it, no one follows the fucking canon, people just plainly don't respect the character.

And don't even get me started with Rivals Silver living in the Sol dimension and being Rush Blaze's childhood friend.

oh god.

is like reading that Sonic is a red mink that has the hability to fly, something that totally contradicts what I know about the character.

just...

fuck that shit.

Edited by Anti Alias

I dunno, why does Grand Metropolis have flying cars while Station Square has ordinary ground-bound ones?

They have cars in cities because people live there.

I get what you're trying to say though, because they fit the theme. It's just that it's a theme based on something over a hundred years ago (Victorian era), used in the interpretation of something we've already seen done in modern style.

You could make literally countless theories about this, because the history of Blaze's world is a complete and total unknown.

You could and you'd be pulling almost everything out of your ass. At least the thing I pulled out of mine seems to fit with things. Besides, it was a rhetorical question.

...also where do we see pieces of Angel Island?

The islands are zones from the counterpart of Angel Island. It's not the very same Angel Island we know, but it's close enough to be considered a counterpart. You know, Plant Paradise = Mushroom Hill, Blizzard Peaks = Ice Cap, and Sky Babylon = Sky Sanctuary.

They have cars in cities because people live there.

I get what you're trying to say though, because they fit the theme. It's just that it's a theme based on something over a hundred years ago (Victorian era), used in the interpretation of something we've already seen done in modern style.

My point is that the series has always had inconsistent tech levels for the sake of squeezing in whatever level tropes they wanted. Having a steampunk level doesn't tell us anything about anything, besides that they wanted a steampunk level.

You could and you'd be pulling almost everything out of your ass.
Which is why we should avoid proposing what happened then unless we've got some damn good evidence.

The islands are zones from the counterpart of Angel Island. It's not the very same Angel Island we know, but it's close enough to be considered a counterpart. You know, Plant Paradise = Mushroom Hill, Blizzard Peaks = Ice Cap, and Sky Babylon = Sky Sanctuary.
Plant Paradise=Mushroom Hill=Frog Forest/Lost Jungle=Dino Jungle, Blizzard Peaks=Ice Cap=Twinkle Snow=Cool Edge, Sky Babylon=Sky Sanctuary=Babylon Garden=Night Palace...these are level tropes. Jungle, snow, sky ruins (more or less). We don't need to have Angel Island explode to explain these levels.

So, who is it exactly that said Blaze's canon backstory is the Sonic Rush one? Did SEGA of Japan officially state that? I was always confused about that.

We should treat Blaze's backstory as the one given in Rush and everything else besides '06.

Sonic '06 canonically didn't happen, as everything is reset at the end of the game.

I have a bigger problem. If '06 didn't happen, why does Silver keep appearing in the games? Where did he come from?

Every time I see this subject, my brain dies a little more. Iizuka said she's from the Sol Dimension, end of story, go home, read a book, do something else.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know all that much about Blaze, but I was very confused about how she was able to ingest Iblis in the same manner as Elise... was it because she is a princess, or because she has fire powers?! biggrin.png

Anyways - it must be very confusing for newer Sonic fans, depending on which version of Blaze they have seen first. It's a massive error to muck up a character's history and reason for being in the franchise like that. The way I understand it, she is the equivalent of Sonic in her universe so pretty much everything which has happened to him has occurred to her in some shape or form. Sonic '06 didn't really happen so... yeah, she was never from the future?! :D I've never played Rush so forgive my ignorance...

Edited by Mash-It Mambo

I don't know all that much about Blaze, but I was very confused about how she was able to ingest Iblis in the same manner as Elise... was it because she is a princess, or because she has fire powers?! biggrin.png

Oh yes.

So why wasn't Silver accepted but Elise was?

So why wasn't Silver accepted but Elise was?

Oh, um, because... Elise is a desendant of like... The Ancient Solarian Guard, who... Protected the sun god Solaris until modern day... And thus, they are endowed with innate special blood that allows them to take Iblis into themselves. Or, something like that anyway.

Or mayb Elise actually does have control over fire like Blaze does? I mean, during the brief section where you (Sonic) have to carry Elise, she seems to have the ability to create some sort of fire-like barrier around herself. I always just assumed she had that ability from Iblis, but I guess it's not impossible to think that maybe that's just an ability she naturally has.

Hell, the two theories can be reconciled. Long ago, the original Dukes and Princesses of Soleana were given control over fire by the sun god Solaris, and that ability is passed down every generation.

On the other hand, there's no reason to think any of that is true. Make of it what you will.

Edit: Actually, come to think of it, you could even say that Solaris didn't give them the power to control flame. They were merely "changed" by exposure to the Flame of Hope. I like that theory much better, since it doesn't rely on the idea that Solaris was sapient the entire time, or that he would reward his followers which - given his personality based on what we saw in-game - doesn't seem like something he'd do.

Edited by Yoyo

So, who is it exactly that said Blaze's canon backstory is the Sonic Rush one? Did SEGA of Japan officially state that? I was always confused about that.

this handsome man right here:

sonic-4-interview.jpg

/\ This one on the right.

Edited by Anti Alias
  • Thumbs Up 1

And in case the face doesn't ring a bell, that's Takashi Iizuka, current head of Sonic Team. He stated it at Sonic Boom '12.

If '06 didn't happen, why does Silver keep appearing in the games? Where did he come from?

The Sonic Rivals games. Nega hails from them too.

Very well then, if SEGA of Japan officially stated that Blaze's Sonic Rush story is her canon one, and that Nega Robotnik is apparently from the future (meaning that Blaze's 'dimension' is the future.) Then the 'Silver invented Blaze' theory for Sonic 06 makes perfect sense. Except now, since when the heck is Blaze's dimension the future?!? make up your mind SEGA!

since when the heck is Blaze's dimension the future?!? make up your mind SEGA!

is not.

Power of Stars merging or separating the worlds.

sol emeralds reacting to Chaos Emeralds.

Sonic and Blaze being dragged and such.

it's another dimension, not the future of Sonic's dimension, it's a whole new flipping another dimension.

the future of Sonic's dimension is one thing, the Sol dimension where Blaze lives is an another whole different thing, totally separated.

Edited by Anti Alias

Eh, I guess, but until that's proven the only thing for certain is that I guess he's from the future which is Blaze's world I don't even know anymore!

Blaze's world is NOT the future of Sonic's world. There is sufficient evidence in both Rush games (e.g. the Power of the Stars, the Chaos and Sol Emeralds reacting with one another etc.) that prove that Blaze's world is not the future of Sonic's world.

And again, if it was the future of Sonic's world, then where the hell was Silver during the events of Rush Adventure? Are robot pirates running amok not a big issue? And again, why isn't anyone suprised that a long dead hero is now alive and well? The only one saying the Sol Dimension is the future of Sonic's world is YOU.

And the Nega situation probably goes like this: Nega, mocked for Eggman's failings, somehow finds Blaze's world and goes there (and time travels, I guess), claiming to be Eggy's doppelganger. After the Rush series, angry that even with his help Eggman couldn't beat Sonic, Nega goes back to the future of Sonic's world, drops the doppelganger guise and decides to get rid of Eggman, time paradoxes be damned. And the Rivals series begins.

Edited by Santa Attaxx