Awoo.

The Blaze Paradox.

doctorwho13

I think that Sonic Team decided that it wasn't worth the massive contradictions to let the author insertion fantasy persona (fursona more like amirite?) maintain their relationship with the prexisting fan favorite.

this handsome man right here:

sonic-4-interview.jpg

/\ This one on the right.

My right or their right?

I think that Sonic Team decided that it wasn't worth the massive contradictions to let the author insertion fantasy persona (fursona more like amirite?) maintain their relationship with the prexisting fan favorite.

I wish I didn't have so much hate over a fictional thing. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

but I swear if Sonic Team ever screw Blaze's characterization to favor Silver's character again I. will. bomb. that fucking place. ಠ_ಠ

They screwed Blaze's perception on the fanbase forever, yeah, it's not canon, what saves her, but still, one of the biggest fuck-ups of the franchiese EVER.

I still can't believe that they took a character who already had an established personality, characterization, and a whole set of relationships we actually SEE being developed in game, retcons everything and asspulls an entire new backstory, new personality and new relationships only to favor a new character that totally didn't worth it.

I mean, why didn't they create a new character? why not the Omochao??? everybody hates him! but no, it had to be the most consistently well developed character they created, GENIUS!.

I fucking hate asspulls in writing and believe Blaze's derailment in Sonic 06 got to be my most hated thing of the entire continuity.

Seriously, shit we got from Sonic '06 sometimes look like that very bad kind of fanfiction, with overpowered fancharacters and shit. *puts table back on*

Edited by Anti Alias

I agree with this 100%, and it's really bad because people accept it as her official backstory, usually so they can have an excuse to ship her with Silver. And if it WERE canon, and the "06 Blaze goes to Sol Dimension in time for Rush" theory WAS correct, all those Mary Sue claims people throw at her would instantly be justified, and my favorite character would be my least.

(Because seriously, would YOU make some guy you've never seen before who can shoot lightning king of Earth? I doubt it).

Also, when people say Soleanna and the Sol Emeralds are related due to their "Sol" theme... by their train of logic, Batman and Superman are related because they're both ____man.

Edited by Santa Attaxx

Sonic 06 never happened.

Sonic Generations never happened.

Eggman Nega is a lying bastard. He's actually from the distant past. Of another dimension. From outer space.

We're done with this discussion! angry.png

Edited by Unknownlight

The way I understand Generations is the "white space" was like Prismo's lair in Adventure Time - they were all outside of "regular" time whilst going through the portals was going into a new time... so I guess yeah, you could infer none of it happened as such, they were dipping in and out of various time zones, so all of it had already happened.

Science, yknow? :B

2. If you wish to believe that 06 is canon (lord knows why), the Blaze you see is really a figment of Silver's imagination. Look at page 10 of the "overthinking things" thread for more info.
So how did Blaze seal herself away if she was just a figment of Silver's imagination?

So how did Blaze seal herself away if she was just a figment of Silver's imagination?

Even Silver's imagination was sick of his shit, and sealed itself away at the deepest part of his subconscious.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think Sonic and the Black Knight had a Blaze bio which listed her coming from an alternate dimension.

I think Sonic and the Black Knight had a Blaze bio which listed her coming from an alternate dimension.

Every single bio has Blaze being from another dimension.

even that one from Sonic '06.

Personally I think that it's a fucking waste of time trying to make Blaze's Sonic 06 story connect with her Sonic Rush story. You're better off doing what I do which is ignore Sonic 06.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was perfectly content ignoring it until they decided to reference it in Generations and have Blaze apparently remember living in Crisis City.

I wish Sonic Team would at least handwave her presence in that game. It could be complete bullshit for all I care.

Sonic, Silver, Blaze, Shadow, some other people time traveled and they all seemed to retain their memories, Elise did not time travel and in the end of Sonic 06 she clearly did not remember anything.

It was hinted that Elise felt something at the end of 06'. She hadn't completely forgotten; she sensed Sonic's presence and though it was familiar.

Just wanted to point that out, I still agree that 06' didn't happen.

• 2 months later...

Ah, this little thing.

The Blaze/Silver/Nega thing is even on TvTropes under Continuity Snarl.

Thankfully, Takashi Iizuka took the time to sort out this little screw up at Sonic Boom 2012 and apparently it's like this:

Blaze is from the Sol Dimension. Sonic 06 is not a prequel to Rush. As for that line in Sonic Generations, it's probably just some brief reference to her presence there in Sonic 06, nothing more (IOW it's a throw away line, just ignore it.)

Silver is still from the future except with his backstory from the Rivals series (as indicated by his bio in Sonic Generations).  As for his relationship to Blaze, he either met her in Colors (the DS version may or may not be canon) or just met her (as of Generations).

Eggman Nega is from the future (IOW his Rivals backstory is the canon one). According to Silver, he (Silver) has been fighting Eggman Nega for a long time.  How Nega has been terrorizing Blaze and her dimension is, as of now, unknown (my guess is that Nega's been hopping dimensions).

I should note that Takashi Iizuka himself wrote the stories for both of the Rivals game.

Ah, this little thing.

The Blaze/Silver/Nega thing is even on TvTropes under Continuity Snarl.

Thankfully, Takashi Iizuka took the time to sort out this little screw up at Sonic Boom 2012 and apparently it's like this:

Blaze is from the Sol Dimension. Sonic 06 is not a prequel to Rush. As for that line in Sonic Generations, it's probably just some brief reference to her presence there in Sonic 06, nothing more (IOW it's a throw away line, just ignore it.)

Silver is still from the future except with his backstory from the Rivals series (as indicated by his bio in Sonic Generations).  As for his relationship to Blaze, he either met her in Colors (the DS version may or may not be canon) or just met her (as of Generations).

Eggman Nega is from the future (IOW his Rivals backstory is the canon one). According to Silver, he (Silver) has been fighting Eggman Nega for a long time.  How Nega has been terrorizing Blaze and her dimension is, as of now, unknown (my guess is that Nega's been hopping dimensions).

I should note that Takashi Iizuka himself wrote the stories for both of the Rivals game.

I now believe that the "Dr. Nega" in the comics that is in a war with the Zone Cops is the same exact Nega from the games universe.

How Nega has been terrorizing Blaze and her dimension is, as of now, unknown (my guess is that Nega's been hopping dimensions).

Makes perfect sense to me. They never did explain how Eggman and Eggman Nega got back and forth between dimensions in the two Rush games. Obviously technology is the answer!

EDIT: Then again, that other dimension is so accessible these days that Blaze can pop in for a birthday party without comment.

Edited by Emmett L. Brown

My pet theory:

Blaze is from the Sol Dimension.

At the end of Rush she THOUGHT she was going home, but ended up in Silver's future.

At the end of 06, she uses the power of Iblis to go back home in time for Rush Adventure.

... but wouldn't that mean that Iblis would still be inside her? And if the game got retconned at the end, then her going to Rush Adventure wouldn't have happened.

Not to mention at the end of Rush she seems to be flying over what looks more like Sky Babylon than Crisis City or Flame Core or any other black, smoggy hellhole.

... but wouldn't that mean that Iblis would still be inside her? And if the game got retconned at the end, then her going to Rush Adventure wouldn't have happened.

Not to mention at the end of Rush she seems to be flying over what looks more like Sky Babylon than Crisis City or Flame Core or any other black, smoggy hellhole.

I had an idea about the Iblis thing...but it's pure fanon based on this speculation, rather than the speculation based on what happened on screen. 

My idea was that Blaze would end up somewhere in her world's past and use Iblis to create the Sol Emeralds and embule her ancestors with the ability to summon fire and, eventually, seal Iblis inside themselves in a kind of time loop, which would explain why she was an acceptable host for it while Silver wasn't. But like I say, pure nonsense.

So yeah, she has Iblis inside her...which is a bit problematic but it's not like it's going to come up again and hey what is one more dose of flames, eh?

As for the the undoing of 06...

For it to work, we have to imagine that time travel in the Sonic multiverse works similarly to how it works in Marvel Comics and DragonBall.

While Silver DID change Sonic's future, there still exists a time line that was never changed which is where Blaze sealed Iblis and left from and because Blaze was in her own universe by the "time" (cause time is relative here) the universe was changed, she wasn't affected by it.

That whole "Iblis is the cause of Blaze's fire and the Sol Emeralds" thing falls apart with two facts:

1) In order for Iblis to exist, Solaris has to exist up until the creation of Iblis. If Solaris is killed before that (which happens at '06's end), Iblis never exists since Solaris was killed before Iblis split from him. And that would mean Blaze would not have fire powers. Yet she does despite Iblis's nonexistance.

2) We have no idea if Sonic's time travel follows the same principles as Marvel or Doctor Who or Chrono Trigger or something. To quote Diogenes, fictional time travel is 100% making shit up.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

That whole "Iblis is the cause of Blaze's fire and the Sol Emeralds" thing falls apart with two facts:

1) In order for Iblis to exist, Solaris has to exist up until the creation of Iblis. If Solaris is killed before that (which happens at '06's end), Iblis never exists since Solaris was killed before Iblis split from him. And that would mean Blaze would not have fire powers. Yet she does despite Iblis's nonexistance.

2) We have no idea if Sonic's time travel follows the same principles as Marvel or Doctor Who or Chrono Trigger or something. To quote Diogenes, fictional time travel is 100% making shit up.

1) Gee...you think I maybe should have mentioned that it was utter nonsense and hid it away in spoiler tags. I'll remember to do what I did next time.

2) Compared to non-fictional time travel? Either way, we have to assume that there IS some rules and the rules I stated are (as far as I can think) that explain Blaze's conflicting origins without lazy copouts. 

I still highly doubt, whether it's nonsense or not, Iblis and Blaze have any kind of connection. If there was meant to be one, then it's been dropped now.

I find it annoying that 06 did this. If they never out blaze in people wouldn't be trying to make her fit so they could ship blaze x silver.

The bottom line is blaze is from an alternate dimension, has nothing to do with Iblis, if she did I'd imagine someone would have said something! You know it's a pretty big thing to hide from people!

Silver IS from the future (but no matter what it's ALWAYS wrecked) and as is Nega

...intact maybe Nega is the whole reason Silvers world is ruined?