Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Right now I'm in the middle of playing Okami on my PS2, Pokemon HeatGold on DS, and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days also for DS.

Infamous play through in inFAMOUS 2. I generally don't like playing the badguy, but this is kind of fun because of how every seems to explode whenever I do something. I need to see the bad ending after how good the Hero ending was.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

I playing currently 'Syphon Filter 1' on my PS1.

I've completed the game 2x (Middle-Mode), now I begin to play it on 'Hard Mode'.

Gonna get into Mass Effect soon, this PC I built is awesome... need to add some more ram to it though, but hey.

Just finished Ape Escape 3 entirely.

That was the worst final boss ever.

You mean the Giant Robot? I thought it was pretty cool.

The giant robot was annoying, especially when the character is flying directly under the jet exhaust. But I was referring to the boss you unlock after catching all the monkeys. It's the exact same fight you have with Specter after defeating Gorilliac - the one that can be beat in less than 30 seconds.

Oh, and yeah, Ape Escape 3 is mediocre. I've heard so many good things about it, but all the extra, unnecessary gimmicks remind me of a Sonic game from the last decade. I can see myself replaying AE2 in the future, but AE3? Probably nope.

Oh, and yeah, Ape Escape 3 is mediocre. I've heard so many good things about it, but all the extra, unnecessary gimmicks remind me of a Sonic game from the last decade. I can see myself replaying AE2 in the future, but AE3? Probably nope.

lol I think the reason why I like AE3 so much is because the First game and was pretty compelled by the Formula itself,and just got a batch of Variety with it.What can I say I like variety in my games even if it a bit useless and doesn't control too well, I still appreciate as something that just adds more to the game. But I could see why people who played AE1 and 2 beforehand to just see it as more of the same with unnecesarry enhancements. But now I don't feel all that compelled to play the other ones, cause it's be more of the same but with less.

Having finished Super Mario Land and Link's Awakening DX on the 3DS Virtual Console, I'm now sitting down properly with the DSiWare version of the original Rayman.

Goddamned sadistic piece of shit. D8

Good game, just oh dear god is it hellishly difficult.

lol I think the reason why I like AE3 so much is because the First game and was pretty compelled by the Formula itself,and just got a batch of Variety with it.What can I say I like variety in my games even if it a bit useless and doesn't control too well, I still appreciate as something that just adds more to the game. But I could see why people who played AE1 and 2 beforehand to just see it as more of the same with unnecesarry enhancements. But now I don't feel all that compelled to play the other ones, cause it's be more of the same but with less.

In many ways I don't think of AE3 as just "Ape Escape with transformations" - I think of it as "Ape Escape with transformations and making the game much harder to play if you don't use them." I can see that the transformations would make catching monkeys easier, and it is obvious they would be used to solve area-specific puzzles, but AE3 is the only game in the trilogy I would honestly call frustrating because trying to catch monkeys without transforming is extremely difficult. Monkeys dodge your net almost all the time, and the game loves to have monkeys and enemies gang up on you and steal your gadgets. Thus, the player ends up with little other choice than to transform in order to get out of the situation. Before I started playing AE3, I told myself I wouldn't resort to using the transformations, but I ended up spending the majority of the game using them, not because I enjoy them (because I don't, really) but because it's fucking strenuous to do it the old fashion way, and it wasn't a problem in previous entries. And that ends up being really poor justification for the feature.

AE1 worked because it knew what it wanted to be and stuck with it, and it feels like a more complete experience that wasn't bogged down by unneeded gimmicks. AE2 was more of the same but had weaker delivery (and the new gadgets were useless outside of puzzles). The third game genuinely tried to switch up the formula but the result was an annoying clusterfuck that made me feel like I was watching a little children's anime. And worse yet, you pretty much have to resort to using them in situations that shouldn't call for them.

I can see that players would enjoy the "more is better" route judging by the reviews, but the first game speaks to me more because it sought to make everything efficient, and the added layer of "depth" in AE3 turned out to be disappointingly shallow and badly utilized.

The past two days I've been putting the majority of my time into The Fancy Pants Adventures, a downloadable title on PSN based off of flash game of the same name. It's a fun momentum based platformer that I feel is comparable to Mirror's Edge if it were a 2D game. I warn you now that it's relatively short tho'. Even taking my time and getting most of everything in the main story mode took me roughly four hours at the most.

World 1 and World 2 come as bonus unlockables which extend play time a bit but even so that was another hour or so added. Honestly, the most time consuming thing is probably collecting all of the Wardrobe pieces. 59 pieces of headgear and/or hair, 42 different colored/patterned pants, and 40 different weapons for a total of 141.

Regardless, it's a fun game and I feel like it was well worth the $10 that I spent on it. It's also four player co-op, which is a plus. I haven't tried that mode much at all so if anyone happens to get the game and wants to play multiplayer or get some help from someone who has 100%'d it then be sure to message me or add me on PSN. I'm always willing to help.

With that game finished, I'm probably going to be making my way back to WipEout HD and BlazBlue: Continuum Shift.

Edited by Chooch

I just played through the Zelda Oracle games for the first time in ten years. I started files on Ages every now and then but rarely got past the first two dungeons before lapsing. Though I did get to the sixth once or twice. Anywho, Seasons was like a brand new game to me. I remembered nothing from my last playthrough, so it was pretty refreshing.

Playing though Links Awakening and Shantae on my 3DS, and getting around to playing the cheap copies of Luigi's Mansion and Skies of Arcadia I got a few months back.

Ugh, I've been game hopping like mad. I have an absolute pile to complete still, but I haven't really found the time or I don't feel like doing it most of the time:

-Sly 3 on the Sly Collection

-Muramasa The Demon Blade

-Metal Slug 3,4,5,6 on Metal Slug Anthology

-L.A. Noire (gah, I'm only like 2 hours into it X_x)

-Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (Looooool, I started this when it came out, XD)

-DKC Returns (stuck on the last boss)

-Hard Corps: Uprising (gotta finish maxing out the main dude)

-WipEout HD

-Link's Awakening on the 3DS (Though, I've beat this game almost quarterly, XD)

-Okamiden (I was so hoping this would be as good as the first, but it's not, =/)

And to be honest, there's prolly more like PS3 games I've downloaded or some Wii games I've downloaded (Infact, Majora's Mask I can think of off the bat). But you know what I decided to play today instead of all this?

...Minecraft.

Fuck you Mojang and your ever addictive and glorious game that doesn't end, >(.

Edited by Wolfy

-DKC Returns (stuck on the last boss)

Yeah, he's kind of a bitch. You'll get the hang of him, though. Make sure you have Diddy when starting the fight because that will make it a lot easier. Anyway, I'm almost done with inFAMOUS 2 and I'm considering going back and playing inFAMOUS for old time's sake.

Restarted, and absolutely adoring, the PlayStation3 version of Sonic Unleashed.

The perfect videogame to be playing over the coming weeks. :)

Well, not counting the hoard of SNES and N64 games I obtained from my cousin last Christmas, I also have a list of games I aim to complete before I grow old and die:

Beyond Good & Evil

Chrono Cross

La Pucelle: Tactics

Okamiden

Persona 3 FES

Persona 4

Psychonauts

Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse

Shadow of the Colossus

I've owned some of these games for years and still haven't gotten around to them. In P3FES's case, I did finish the Journey but not the Answer, which I might not play due to it being a convoluted pile of shit. SotC is the only one of these I'm playing regularly.

Finished inFAMOUS 2. Both endings. Evil ending y u do this? Anyway, might replay the original now. I've got nothing better to do until my replacement 3DS comes in.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Currently playing LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption. May start up Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 2 again real soon

Remembered I haven't beaten Oracle of Ages yet and went back to it, I'm at the last dungeon now. I hate the Heart Pieces in this game, getting 2 of them is so damn random. Maple won't show up, and whenever she does she doesn't drop a heart piece.

I'm playing Marvel vs. Capcom 3 at the moment. (As you can see from my sig) It's really damn good, but why oh why do I keep insisting on trying the online modes in fighting games? I'm a casual player of the genre, and by no means do I consider myself pro or even all that good to begin with. That's not to say I'm a total newb, I know how to do special attacks and ultra combos, I know advanced tactics like chaining ultra combos and how to use X-factor, and once every now and then I can get a really good air combo going. But I can only do these things while playing the CPU.

As soon as I hop online, I get people using infinite air combos and people spamming cheap attacks over and over.I see a lot of fighting purists insist that there's no such thing as cheap moves in a fighting game, and that anything goes because the developers made it that way. But I call bullshit. Just because a move was intentionally designed to be cheap doesn't make it not cheap. I can understand the infinite air combo thing, I mean if I could pull it off as well as other people you can damn well bet I'd use it. That doesn't make it any less frustrating for the player on the receiving end, though. And of course, going to ranking mode and telling the game to match me up with people who are "the same skill level" doesn't do jack crap. I'm thinking I should just stop playing online fighters altogether unless it's with a friend. I love playing these games offline, but online just is rarely any fun for me whatsoever.

Remembered I haven't beaten Oracle of Ages yet and went back to it, I'm at the last dungeon now. I hate the Heart Pieces in this game, getting 2 of them is so damn random. Maple won't show up, and whenever she does she doesn't drop a heart piece.

I know your pain. I just finished playing Oracle of Seasons and I spent hours trying to get that damn gasha nut heart piece. And gasha seeds are a bit harder to get in Seasons than they are in Ages. I can offer advice, but odds are you already know everything I do. Plant the seeds in remote locations, use the Gasha Ring if you have it (I never got it), and as for Maple all you can do is use Maple's Ring. I also recommend using pegasus seeds if she drops something good. Sadly there's not much more you can do.

Oh wait, if you're getting REALLY frustrated with the gasha trees, just save your game after they grow and keep resetting until you finally get the stupid thing. =P

Edited by Speederino

I have no idea what I'll be playing next, right now, it's Mass Effect, Bioshock and FEAR... and well fuck it, here's the list of all games I need to finish... it's very sad, and I doubt I'll be finished with them by the end of next year at the rate I'm going, I just don't have any motivation...

F.E.A.R

F.E.A.R 2 (ok.. so I have it for the ps3 but got it on PC as well and will finish it on it instead)

Xenosaga 2

Xenosaga 3

Ar Tonelico 3 (almost beaten, like 3 hours left)

Ar Tonelico (had it for like 2 or 3 months now and I haven't even opened it :P)

DMC

Valkyria Chronicles

Mass Effect

Bioshock

Portal

Resonance of Fate

Crack in Time

Disgaea 3

FFXIII

MGS4

FFX

FFX-2

Peacewalker

Wipeout HD

Kingdom Hearts

The fact that the vast majority of them are RPGS really fuckin sucks.

Edited by Silencer226

I'm playing Pokemon Black at the moment. Stuck here at the doctors office lol.

Just beat Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. Damn good game. 3 achievements away from 100%, all of which are the Arrival DLC.

Duke Nukem Forever. Mindless fun most of the time. The bosses can be a complete pain. No room to move, and mooks are coming out of nowhere to fight me, I need to lower the bosses guard with well aimed/timed pipe bombs, and then chop it's hp off little by little. Aiming is terrible because the little bastards always attack me when I'm about to throw, and when I decide to clear them out the boss decides to be bitch and attack me, back to throwing pipe bombs and the little shits are back again. It sucks.

I also got Child of Eden along with Duke Nukem. Never played it, though my brother did while my account was still on, but I'll get to it eventually.

Finished up L.A. Noire last week and Alan Wake earlier this week. Both of them are amazing games that I really enjoyed playing through. Now I'm trying to get 100% in Red Dead Redemption and I also need to finish Bad Company 2 and Ace Attorney Investigations