Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

For me, it's been nothing but the Witcher 2 on PC, which is an absolutely /fantastic/ RPG and one I recommend everyone play. :)

It's kind of amazing the way your choices and decision play out in the game, and tbh I'm really loving the writing/world in the game, which is... refreshingly vulgar at times, lol. Also, the forest outside of Flotsam in chapter one is of the most visually amazing environments I've seen in a game this gen.

Got all gold medals in Ape Escape yeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhh

Now I have a completed file, but it's at 98.5% because I don't save my game after Peak Point Matrix (great boss battle, but you can't replay it if you save). What a perfect game! Just needed a boss attack mode and it would have been perfect+.

Now I have a completed file, but it's at 98.5% because I don't save my game after Peak Point Matrix (great boss battle, but you can't replay it if you save). What a perfect game! Just needed a boss attack mode and it would have been perfect+.

I really need to go back and play ape escape, although I love the game I haven't played it since I bought it bundled with a dual shock. :P Great game!

Yes, yes~

And I adore this game's final battle. It's not a particularly complex or difficult one, but it's a no-holds-barred beatdown on Specter. Nothing but beating the ever-loving shit out of him with your cartoon boxing glove. Really fucking satisfying.

currently been playing only Fallout 3 for the past week, kinda late to the party but better late than never, right? :lol: Done all side quests and all the story quests and just getting the remaining achievements, and trying to find out if any of my friends have the GoTY DLC disc (:

I'm playing through Mario Sunshine again as I type this. I just got out of the Beach for the first time and I can't help but wonder why doesn't Shadow Mario just keep F.L.U.D.D out of Mario's reach like he does in the special stages.

I might play some TF2 in a bit. I got one of the newer hats so :P

Star Fox Adventures - Did anyone enjoy this game? I've played it for at least 2 hours and I'm really enjoying it alot....plus I get to hit stuff with a stick :)

Pokemon White - Breeders on the subway = PURE EVIL

I never got to play more than 30 minutes of ape escape, and that was almost 10 years ago ;(

Ordered myself a couple of new PlayStation3 videogames yesterday...

- Vanquish

- Mirror's Edge

...both of which I'm really looking forward to playing this weekend. :)

Ordered myself a couple of new PlayStation3 videogames yesterday...

- Vanquish

- Mirror's Edge

...both of which I'm really looking forward to playing this weekend. :)

Well, I finally got all of the achievements in Lego Star Wars III. Those Assault missions were shit. Otherwise the game was fun, other than more than a few glitches screwing around with me.

To replace that, I started playing Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II on the Unleashed difficulty, again I think, I quit somewhere on the first level last time. It's pretty bad... or was pretty bad. The Jedi Mind Trick and I quickly became best buds, and it was pretty smooth sailing from then out. I'm thinking about going for 100%, not quite sure yet.

I also played Vanquish for awhile on hard. This game is too damn amazing for its own good.

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Playing Gran Turismo 3 on the PS2. I have never beaten that game for YEARS (dunno how many years, sorry) and I'm willing to pass the game, no matter what. :D

Galactic Assault mode is abysmal, yes. The sprawling ground battles are the worst variation of gameplay in the entire experience, so dragging them out into something so awfully long and pointless was a huge mistake, in my opinion. What made them at least bearable was the fact that I unlocked everything else first, meaning I could use a few "extras" to soften the tedium (like Super Speeders, for example, and Invincibility... cheats, but valid and promoted cheats integral to the videogame, so technically not that bad). Also, the great music helped.

I don't think I would've made it if I didn't have Super Speeders and Invincibility. I hated when my objective was guarded by gold shields, because they take forever to kill and the opposing team can turn them back on, thus kicking your speeder out of the area and allowing it to recover. THEN they decided to take that situation above and have Jedi characters guarding everything. It wouldn't be a problem if I could actually kill them, but for some odd reason I couldn't, so they kept activating the thing over and over.

I was lucky enough to encounter a limited few of the glitches people have complained about, on the PlayStation3 version. That said, I do remember once falling through my Republic Shuttle and vanishing into outside-the-map oblivion, while trying to rescue everybody during "Grievous Intrigue".

I fell through the floor on more than one occasion, especially this one elevator that kept sending me through the floor when I was playing as Aurra Sing for no apparent reason. On a funnier note, I somehow got the Resolute Brig to not load its textures or something. Everything but the panels were invisible.

It'll be a struggle, but I recommend it... Unleashed Mode, that is.

Just a tip? Make sure you get everything (any holocrons, outstanding trophies, special actions) as you go through. Once you've beaten the final level and cleared the entire videogame on that setting, you'll never want to go back through again.

I've been trying. I found like 2 of the Holocrons I missed on my hard mode playthrough, and can't find anymore. I did get some achievements, but I already managed my way to the final level, and probably won't get that many more. I going to have to go through the game again (on normal maybe) and maybe use a guide to find the rest.

Best of luck! :)

Thanks! :D

Getting that soon! :D So excited!

You should be. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Ape Escape 3 came in the mail some time ago, so I played a little of that while I'm waiting for AE2 to arrive today.

It seems like the only thing they changed about the controls was that you can't swing the net around like you can with the stun club. Not a big deal, though it requires more precise swings at times. I find the monkeys' new-found capability to dodge your fucking net any time you swing to be highly irritating. A useless slow-motion animation accompanies it; I assume this is used internally to calculate whether or not you're going to successfully net it for each swing you make.

I also don't care for the game's decidedly anime-like tone and formula. The first game may have been straight-up shonen, but it didn't draw attention to the matter. The characters in this game are incredibly grating, there are two stupidly banal anime-style pop songs to be heard, and the overall style of storytelling and humor seems to take after children's anime shows. Lastly, there seems to be a new feature concerning transformations, making melee combat and monkey catching several times easier. I'm liable to avoid this as much as possible, instead opting to play the game the true manly way. I'm not putting it past this game to make it mandatory in certain areas, though.

Otherwise I'm not really complaining with what I have, the basic formula is pretty much the same so I'm going to enjoy playing this. But I don't think any of the game's added features and "improvements" are going to enhance my enjoyment in any way imaginable.

Recently played Burnout: Paradise today, and get to play with players from Japan, who came back. :D

I am playing through Wind Waker. The Triforce hunt is just as annoying as it was last time. Also replaying Sonic Adventure 2.

Edited by Phantomime

Probably gonna spend the entire night playing Xenosaga 2 now that I've gotten past one annoying boss.

I got a generations related tingle in my spine, so I have spent alot of time lately going back to re-play some of my favorite stages and games from the entire Sonic series. A quick run through Sonic 2 and S3&K was a sweet warm up, as was a trip back to Heroes to tackle Egg Fleet and a handful of other stages. Today I got my Dreamcast fired up for SA1 and 2 and tomorrow I'll probably be back on Unleashed.

My weekend is gonna be boss.

ForceUnleashedcomplete.png

Fuck yeah.

Diving back into Halo Reach for awhile. I'm missing 3 achievements because of the Defiant Map pack, all 3 of which suck. Well, it gives me some motivation to play the game anyway, and soon I'll get to higher ranks and buy even useless shit in the armory. Hoooooray.

Thinking about buying Portal 2 with some of my birthday money. Not sure yet, I might actually pile my money with whatever gift cards are lying around and get a 3DS. Here's hoping. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I just remembered I had Fallout 3, and that I paid like $25 on all of the DLC when it was on sale. I then remembered that I never played said DLC despite me buying them all. I just finished the alien one. Killed the sheriff dude for his hat. Now I can walk around DC in a black business suit, sunglasses, a badass hat, while wielding a chainsaw sword, a sniper rifle, and a pistol (which I also got off of the sherifff). I'm set for awhile.

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Vanquish, on PlayStation3, for me.

Doing quite well thusfar, have only died a small handful of times and am halfway through Act Three. Got a little frustrated when I messed up an easy trophy (remaining undetected aboard the tram... was so busy blasting searchlights, I didn't notice the enemy patrol hovering overhead) but overcompensated by spending some extra time with the ARS. Got a scattering of the random trophies (like maxing out a weapon's upgrades, boosting to deplete energy reserves without overheating, using a cigarette to distract robots, and so forth) and made good story progress in a short amount of time.

I'll obviously post final thoughts once I've cleared the storyline and attempted some of the challenges, but I'm enjoying myself thusfar. Definitely one of the best third-person shooters I've ever played. I don't even mind the cheesy storyline.

EDIT: I just remembered I had Fallout 3, and that I paid like $25 on all of the DLC when it was on sale. I then remembered that I never played said DLC despite me buying them all. I just finished the alien one. Killed the sheriff dude for his hat. Now I can walk around DC in a black business suit, sunglasses, a badass hat, while wielding a chainsaw sword, a sniper rifle, and a pistol (which I also got off of the sherifff). I'm set for awhile.