Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Agreed. Sonic Lost World does do good in touching base on Sonic's emotions and status as a more dimensional character, but by no means is it the first game to pull it off.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My unpopular opinion: I hate Endless Possibilities.

Some people may realize that I very recently posted the same thing in one of the music threads on here, so I won't dwell on it here. It just struck me while sifting through the thread that the support for that song is staggering. It was near the top of at least 80% of the lists people made over there and I just don't get it. 

I didn't realize until today that I was so alone in this opinion. Anyone else out there? 

My unpopular opinion: I hate Endless Possibilities.

Some people may realize that I very recently posted the same thing in one of the music threads on here, so I won't dwell on it here. It just struck me while sifting through the thread that the support for that song is staggering. It was near the top of at least 80% of the lists people made over there and I just don't get it. 

I didn't realize until today that I was so alone in this opinion. Anyone else out there? 

I'm not big on the song, either.  I'm not big on that vocal style and the music was just... okay, to me.  Not horrible, but nothing to write home about it.  Overall, not the worst song in the series, but certainly unremarkable, in my honest opinion.

• Thumbs Up 2

I hate the song: Live and Learn. I dont know if its the tune or the words but I just dont like it. Well .... the words were dumb :(

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate the song: Live and Learn. I dont know if its the tune or the words but I just dont like it. Well .... the words were dumb sad.png

I don't hate the song by any means, and I actually quite enjoy it, but I understand where you're coming from. It's competent and the opening intro gives me goosebumps, but I don't really consider it anywhere near Crush 40's best. 

I actually don't think there is a crush 40 song I dislike but I do have to admit that their version of his world is my least favorite of the 3.

Also, I kind of dislike seven rings in hand (original) after some time listening to it, its kind of weird sounding and honestly it just isn't very catchy.

• Thumbs Up 1

While we're on vocal themes, I dislike His World (the Zebrahead version). It's like, why are there rap lyrics? Who put their Linkin Park in my Sonic game?

Also, Crush 40's version of All Hail Shadow is better than Magna-Fi's.

I like His World, Seven Rings in Hand and Open Your Heart and many more

I really like Sweet Dreams from Sonic 06. English and Japanese versions.

The AKON mix of Sweet Dreams is like trying to be charmed by a romance novel while listening to Earthworm Jim holler in the background.

Okay, some of you might actually find that to be your fancy, and no big deal.  My point being that it's hard for me to be romanced by this sweet song when there's this really annoying yelling in the background.  The actual music and the lead vocals are pretty great though.  I still prefer the 1992 version though. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

My question is, of all the background singers you could get, why the hell would you go for Akon? In a Sonic game? They can do that, but getting someone like Inspectah Deck to do Knuckles' rap in SA2 would just be too much?

"Sonic Lost World was the first game in which Sonic showed real emotion over the belief of his friend's deaths"

Looks pretty affected by Shadow's Shahra's and Caliburn's demises. Needless to say, I disagree utterly with the belief that SLW was unique or remarkable for Sonic's character on this front.

I agree SLW is not unique in this department, but what makes you think it's not even remarkable?

I agree SLW is not unique in this department, but what makes you think it's not even remarkable?

Because previous games already did it.

I've seen fans claim that SLW is 'remarkable' specifically because Sonic shows emotion over death and acting as if it's the first time he's shown this when we've seen it in SA2, SatSR and SatBK and come to think of it 2006 as well taking into consideration his despair at Elise's demise.

I've seen fans claim that SLW is 'remarkable' specifically because Sonic shows emotion over death and acting as if it's the first time he's shown this when we've seen it in SA2, SatSR and SatBK and come to think of it 2006 as well taking into consideration his despair at Elise's demise.

Understood smile.png 

Well, I think it's kind of justifiable if SLW overshadowed the other games regarding Sonic's emotional side in many players' eyes (it took almost half of the story, after all)

But yeah, I agree it's a shame many tend to forget moments like those you pointed out (I remember that Sonic's reaction when Caliburn got cutted in half hit me really hard)

Agreed.

I think sonic adventure 2 hit me the hardest thinking shadow had died. and the music that played right after made you feel even worse when sonic broke the news to everyone....but then live and learn kicked in again and you kind of lost your emotional placing.

I think it has more to do with "Oh cool, the story actually has more going on than the last two mainstream games" rather than "OMG like, Sonic is showing emotions since forever ago!"

Well, at least for me. I thought SLW's plot was a step up from Colours and Generations (especially Gens) and I can't wait to see if they improve it even further in the next game.smile.png

• Thumbs Up 3

I think it has more to do with "Oh cool, the story actually has more going on than the last two mainstream games" rather than "OMG like, Sonic is showing emotions since forever ago!"

Well, at least for me. I thought SLW's plot was a step up from Colours and Generations (especially Gens) and I can't wait to see if they improve it even further in the next game.smile.png

This is basically what it is. People consider it a step up from the two previous entries in the series, which are the most recent comparison everyone would reasonably make, rather than a spin off from back 2006 and 2009 respectively.

This is basically what it is. People consider it a step up from the two previous entries in the series, which are the most recent comparison everyone would reasonably make, rather than a spin off from back 2006 and 2009 respectively.

Rivals and Rivals 2?

Huh, those did come out, I mean 2007 on the first one actually with Secret Rings and Black Knight respectively.

Unpopular ones: I like almost all characters in the series...

Popular one: ...but I agree that Elise and Chris Thorndyke are terrible characters.

Huh, those did come out, I mean 2007 on the first one actually with Secret Rings and Black Knight respectively.

Black Knight's story was really good though...

sometimes I think Im the only one who likes Chris and Elise ;p I like Chris more than Elise but I think they are cool characters.