Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

And Sonic feels guilty about it, and it's not like he knew Eggman was gonna lose it completely. It was incidental really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, even heroes should be able to gloat now and then.

You can say whatever you want, I'm not changing my mind. tongue.png

I'm joining the Eggman Empire on this one. I'll give Sonic the credit and win in #200, but the fact of the matter is that the only reason Sonic was able to make that grand stand in the first place was because Enerj-er, Knuckles went godmode and fucked Eggman's city and resources a new asshole, and the doctor was weakened as a result.

To put it bluntly, It took a GOD to screw Eggman over and let Sonic win. A living Deus Ex Machina that was unintentional within the story. How's that for a complement, Dr. Crusher? And even then, Eggman came right back and fucked up reality. Twice.

I feel the need to quote Eggman in Sonic X - "I'm like a rubber ball;every time you slap me down, I keep coming back!"

Which was something I disliked. I thought it should be Sonic that did it, not an overpwered god. but nonetheless

*Sigh* It's Archie was intentionally undermining characters like Sonic left and right of their feats occasionally.

...by giving other characters a chance to shine and gain some spotlight?

What the fuck guys? It's not like Sonic was ineffectual or less of a hero for piggybacking off of other successes and circumstances, or showing that he can't do everything and as strong as he is he could still use help. Nevermind that he had to rewrite reality back the way it was, and was still needed to fight Eggman, and is still the star of the show.

I swear, it's like people want everyone to be second rate to Sonic even though he's still leading them to victory. rolleyes.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

*Sigh* It's Archie was intentionally undermining characters like Sonic left and right of their feats occasionally.

Sonic is strong but I somehow doubt he could take down an entire empire single-handedly.

So you'd rather Tails be regressed to his classic mindset of following Sonic and following the Blue Blur's lead like a hound dog, never pondering the future consequences rather than think before leaping and coming out the smarter man as he did in the very Lost World cutscene?

Yikes.Yuck. No thank you and goodbye.tumblr_mfma2qmnOS1rvyhnio1_500.gif

There was no point in staying hidden after Sonic kicked the shell away though. If it had been something Tails had never seen before (like the Gaia creatures in Apotos), I could understand his not wanting to jump in, but these were Buzz Bombers and Snail Blasters! Even if they were attacking en masse, that wouldn't have been too much of a challenge, especially with Sonic fighting some of them already. Not only that, but staying behind that rock is the reason Tails got hurt in the first place!

But to answer your question: No, that isn't what I want. Tails should be able to think for himself, but at the same time he shouldn't have to be Sonic's foil.

You realize the point of being a sidekick is to be a contrast to the hero right?

Must really suck for the hero, since he's joined at the hip, and his sidekick always needs him :3.

What the fuck guys? It's not like Sonic was ineffectual or less of a hero for piggybacking off of other successes and circumstances, or showing that he can't do everything and as strong as he is he could still use help. Nevermind that he had to rewrite reality back the way it was, and was still needed to fight Eggman, and is still the star of the show.

I swear, it's like people want everyone to be second rate to Sonic even though he's still leading them to victory. rolleyes.gif

I think it was more the 'taking credit for it in his speech' part they were complaining about.

Concerning the comics however, I have to disagree with you in terms of characterization. That plot point was admittedly pretty well done, but otherwise I actually tend to find the comic's characterizations blander or less sympathetic. Ian is generally only good at developing villains' personalities and how they pivot the plot, which is a large reason that plot in particular worked well too. It's a step above previous writers, who I couldn't even be bothered with even for that, but the only thing the comics tend to do better with the hero cast than the games is even out the spotlight and relevance, otherwise they actually feel blander and interchangeable which takes away the point of having the former to begin with.

I can actually credit Lost World in that, while it wasn't done flawlessly, it did a good job making a plot where the characters' distinctive traits effected the plot.

• Thumbs Up 1

I enjoyed 06 (Sonic's story mostly and the story is terrible)

Unleashed (Enjoyed the Werehog and the story is the best of the franchise in my opinion)

I'm not sure if this is anything special but the story in Lost World sucks. (It explains far too little for my taste. The Wisps being on the Lost Hex and the origins of the Zeti particulary annoy me)

I enjoyed Shadow The Hedgehog???? I'm not sure if that is anything special at all.

The Sonic OVA is bad, but the animation is nice though.

I bet every opinion will get me mauled by the community. (Gets helmet)

You realize the point of being a sidekick is to be a contrast to the hero right?

I thought it was to allow faster texting and browsing.

*ba dum tss*

In all seriousness, that's only one point in being a sidekick. They can provide all sorts of functions, from simply being a partner that assists the hero, being an emotional connection to the hero, picking up the hero's slack. Granted, a lot of the other functions can be used as contrasts to the hero, but simply being a contrast is really overgeneralizing what a sidekick is.

I swear, it's like people want everyone to be second rate to Sonic even though he's still leading them to victory. :rolleyes:

I fear my quote has been severely misunderstood.

Ummmm, ok gloating isnt all bad, but you do realize that in the next page it drives Eggman INSANE! I mean he literally looses... sometimes there is something as pushing it too far

He snapped because he's been beaten over and over again for who knows how long, not because of anything particular Sonic said that time. He was bound to snap, eventually.

There was no point in staying hidden after Sonic kicked the shell away though.

Not putting your ass in the line of fire for no good reason is a pretty good point.

Not only that, but staying behind that rock is the reason Tails got hurt in the first place!

Rushing into a fight wouldn't make him any less likely to get shot.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think it was more the 'taking credit for it in his speech' part they were complaining about.

Concerning the comics however, I have to disagree with you in terms of characterization. That plot point was admittedly pretty well done, but otherwise I actually tend to find the comic's characterizations blander or less sympathetic. Ian is generally only good at developing villains' personalities and how they pivot the plot, which is a large reason that plot in particular worked well too. It's a step above previous writers, who I couldn't even be bothered with even for that, but the only thing the comics tend to do better with the hero cast than the games is even out the spotlight and relevance, otherwise they actually feel blander and interchangeable which takes away the point of having the former to begin with.

I can actually credit Lost World in that, while it wasn't done flawlessly, it did a good job making a plot where the characters' distinctive traits effected the plot.

Now this guy gets what I'm talking about!

i think hes talking about me

Nah, maybe he's talking about/to both of us.

Nah, maybe he's talking about/to both of us.

I dont want Sonic to be god. I hate when people think that when I am defending him.

Im just saying while he should have help, Sonic should give the final punch to Eggman.

I dont want Sonic to be god. I hate when people think that when I am defending him.

Im just saying while he should have help, Sonic should give the final punch to Eggman.

...he did.

I don't mean to be abrasive, but I'm starting to wonder exactly how much you've been paying attention in this debate?

I'm not seeing it. Especially considering how jacked up the characterization of the games have been between Adventures and arguably Lost World, and nevermind the lack of spotlight the hero cast has had up to this point.

You have characters flanderized like hell in Heroes, and all around contradicting the narrative's theme of Teamwork by fighting against each other to go after the same or similar goals and a poor as hell script that makes many of them (especially Team Sonic) come off as parodies; you have characters made laughable due to the script and mishandling of a dark tone in ShTH (which as a few decent moments, but that's spaced out between lots of the bad); ripping on Sonic 06's story is beating a dead horse at this point, and come around Unleashed most of the cast is ditched and the only two that stick around (Tails and Amy) hardly get lines anywhere near the double digits in the cutscenes. Only Tails gets a noticable improvement as far as the characterization goes concerning Colors and Generations, and then you reach Lost World which gets arguable.

The games have had their struggles, but they've gotten more of a bad rep even within the fandom over the characterization and as a result people look poorly at Sonic Team for their ability. Bad writing is a major reason for the whole "Shitty Friends" syndrome outside the fandom as well. And even taking into consideration their smaller roles, I don't give these games a point just for giving these characters scraps for dialogue. I'd rather the hero cast be bland and tolerable and relevant like in the comics over being cringeworthy and minor like in the games, because the games can do better than what they have been.

Not putting your ass in the line of fire for no good reason is a pretty good point.

Yeah, the line of fire from something he's been fighting for years. I expect he wouldn't have much trouble avoiding a hit.

Rushing into a fight wouldn't make him any less likely to get shot.

Again, these were badniks that Tails has experience with and knows how to handle. He's also done stuff a lot more dangerous than this, so why is he just now afraid of getting hurt?

I know he did. and I do pay attentions I just dont understand at times since English is still hard

I know he did. and I do pay attentions I just dont understand at times since English is still hard

Okay...I understand.

I kinda figured it was a language barrier problem, but I didn't want to be too rude and point it out.