Awoo.

The biggest problem with Sonic games

BarleyFields

This is for the Genesis games at the time of their release. The reviews are outdated.

Look at contemporary reviews.

rolleyes.gif Sonic 2 is a game based on memorization that shuns reactive gameplay, it also offers very little exploration and in many cases even discourages it.

It's for this reason that S3K is almost universally considered superior by critics and fans alike. However, being in the minority doesn't make you wrong - you were the one that brought up the fallacious argument - but are there any real points relating to gameplay that make Sonic 2 the pinnacle of the series?

It's not that nobody understands what you're saying, it's that your premises for your argument are tenuous at best and your only point of defense of them is WELL CLEARLY I'M SMARTER THAN YOU.

If anything, this thread should be locked due to the fact that your points are stupid and you lack the most basic of substance to back them up.

Not all of Sonic's friends are completely useless. Tails is alright I guess. But the rest of them are all atrocious (especially Shadow). When I loaded up Generations I thought all his friends had been sucked into a black hole to be gone forever...lest that was not to be. Unfortunately they still plague the series. Sonic is a great mascot and character and he doesn't need lame and annoying friends cramping his style.

So in other words all of Sonic friends needs to get rid of cause they are useless, annoying and lame except for Tails for some reason and you haven't explain why.

Edited by sonfan1984

You mean the people who game companies consider during production?

That would be the players.

Oh, also, let's consider a couple of the more well-liked human characters within the fanbase:

shahra.jpgpickled.png

Look at all that realism. These guys totally encompass humanity's bloodthirsty desire for destruction.

I'm going to end the thread here because it seems everyone on here doesn't understand what I'm saying. I will make a much easier to understand thread next time.

Thanks everyone for trying.

Permission to Lock Thread.

THREAD ENDED

Oh, dude, that's not how it works. You just did the internet equivelant of throwing a hissy-fit in a classroom and storming out the door. Come on, grow up.

• Thumbs Up 9

Your concepts. Not SEGA's. People don't understand your strange view of the series because we all usually agree on, you know, actual facts.

BarleyFields is the one bringing the facts regarding the issue of the message about humanity/techonolgy and nature in the classic games. Its the rest of you who are reading to deeply into the games and seeing things that were never intended to be there.

And please, to anyone who wants to answer this, read my god damn posts first.

Edited by batson

I'm going to end the thread here because it seems everyone on here doesn't understand what I'm saying.
You've dodged every point that you can't weasel your way out of, and replied with little more than condescension towards anyone who didn't automatically buy into your shit. Don't bother posting another topic, you have nothing worth listening to.
  • Thumbs Up 2

1279265890296.gif

Thanks, I had a good laugh.

Now uh.. Are we actually going to discuss?

Edited by Yūki Hazama Terumi
  • Thumbs Up 4

BarleyFields is the one bringing the facts regarding the issue of the message about humanity/techonolgy and nature in the classic games. Its the rest of you who are reading to deeply into the games and seeing things that were never intended to be there.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

There's only so many ways to say "I disagree" and "your reasoning is bad" and "my god man your opinions are not the be-all, end-all of Sonic perception just because you played Sonic 3 & Knuckles yesterday".

• Thumbs Up 3

Please can everyone stop posting. The Thread is closed.

THREAD CLOSED

Seriously, you don't understand how forums work. That's not your decision to make. If the staff deem the thread unsalvagable* they'll close it, but you can't just end a discussion and storm off because people aren't agreeing with you.

*granted it probably is unsalvagable so just saying.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

What facts? Yes no one person's interpretation of the series is "wrong" but the fact is, those of us claiming it has more to it than just nature vs technology are backing it up with evidence from the games (namely, Sonic CD Good Futures).

But that's the thing though. The whole idea that there is more to the message than simple "nature vs technology" is thought up by fans going through the games with a magnifying glass and finding things that the developers most likely never intended to mean anything.

The way i see it, the truth is that when it comes to message, Sonic was a simple product of its time. And this was a time when a lot of childrens entertainment was supposed have the message "what humans with their technology is doing to nature is bad". And the Sonic series just went along with the crowd in this aspect and incorporated this very simple and, yes, probably very stupid message.

And like i said, if you start going through the games with a critical eye and start coming up with points for why they "cant" have a simple nature vs technology-message, then you could do the exact same thing with pretty much any other "environmentally aware early 90's kids media". But the fact will always be that you are reading things into it that was never intended to be there, and you are making it out to be smarter than it actually was.

Edited by batson