Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

17's bound to get at least one significant fight against a powerful opponent in an episode of his own. 18, on the other hand, has quite a few wins under her belt so I wouldn't be shocked to see her out next.

EDIT: Episode 102 preview images are out

E3SpCsg.jpg

60bfkuD.jpg

bo1KLoU.jpg

Nx02ZEe.jpg

The way U2's fodder characters are all cheering on the Kamikaze Fireballs is eerily reminding me of how much love U9's people would give the Trio.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a ton of them wiped out this episode, not just the Fireballs.

Hopefully they at least get the satisfaction of bringing someone down with them.

The Yadrat is not fodder. They wouldn't have chosen someone from a race that we know if he was fodder.

Just like how the U6 Namekians won't be fodder.

3 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

The Yadrat is not fodder. They wouldn't have chosen someone from a race that we know if he was fodder.

He'll probably be the last man standing of the group then, by being smart enough to get the Hell out of dodge. Goku's not the only one who can use Instant Transmission to run away with his tail between his legs!

Potential badass moment: he could grab two of his teammates and teleport them back on stage when it looks like all 10 are about to wiped out.

Imagine if the Yardrat sees Vegeta gaining the upperhand on Ribrianne, considers him too dangerous and just teleports himself and the Saiyan out of the ring. It would be an effective way to eliminate one of the biggest threats to U2 and piss Vegeta off (and we know Toriyama loves to do that). Tragic yes, but funny to think about.

The Yardrat is potentially one of the most troublesome.

2 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Imagine if the Yardrat sees Vegeta gaining the upperhand on Ribrianne, considers him too dangerous and just teleports himself and the Saiyan out of the ring. It would be an effective way to eliminate one of the biggest threats to U2 and piss Vegeta off (and we know Toriyama loves to do that). Tragic yes, but funny to think about.

Honestly, everyone trying to find an underhanded way to get Goku and Vegeta out of the ring has their head on straight. It's obvious they can't be beaten the old fashioned way by most fighters. Quitela was onto something when he had his fighters try it too.

5 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Well he'd need someone close to the edge of the ring to lock onto their ki so he's not THAT dangerous in hindsight.

Reminds me of someone saying the best strategy should've been having Gohan, Vegeta, Freeza and Piccolo each on four different sides of the arena, close to the edge, constantly powering up, and then have Goku just teleport spam enemies off the edges while locking on to their ki.

3 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Well he'd need someone close to the edge of the ring to lock onto their ki so he's not THAT dangerous in hindsight.

Reminds me of someone saying the best strategy should've been having Gohan, Vegeta, Freeza and Piccolo each on four different sides of the arena, close to the edge, constantly powering up, and then have Goku just teleport spam enemies off the edges while locking on to their ki.

Fortunately the Saiyans are too headstrong to use a cheap, if effective, strategy. :P

...I'm hoping underhanded tactics allow at least several of Universe 7 to be taken out, though.

Krillin was taken out by a cheap shot, so Universe 7 is prone to being attacked underhandedly.

Which would actually be a negative, because it means Universe 7 pretty much had it lock stock and barrel, and could only go down as much as it does via sneaky maneuvers. I'd like to see someone go down "honorably", for lack of word, so we know that another Universe besides 6 really was that capable.

4 hours ago, Pawn said:

This sounds like something that would happen in Abridged. Vegeta's screaming about ultimate power, and pride, and blah blah blah, you all have no discipline and that's why I'll beat you all, only for us to hear a poof sound, and Vegeta screaming from a teleported ring out.

On another note, I still kind of wish one of the universes was just a full on movie universe with the non-canon movie characters. It'd just be really interesting to have like a universe that's movies and GT against the Super universe. SSJ4 Goku VS SSB Goku to finally settle that debate once and for all. Surprised Toriyama didn't place some kind of reference or mention to it, since he's an admitted GT fan. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17's greatest asset aside from his infinite reserves is his mindbreaking speed, and that was shown in top form in this episode. Took out one of the Kamikaze Fireballs and her winged friend one after another when he finally cut loose. Guess the opening hinting at Ribranne being Vegeta's fight was a red herring, since she's got all her sights on 17 now.

Shoutout to Roshi to legit having the greatest resistance against the pheromone attack Ribranne used. Not even Toppo was totally immune.

Judging by the preview, Gohan's the one to finish the remainder of U10 off. Where Mojito was apathetic when U9 bought it, Cus seems saddened.

EDIT: And just when we thought Kale was as far as they'd go

Ribuku.png

Surprises all around this episode. Not only does it seem Ribrianne vs. Vegeta was meant to mislead us (rather like how Bergamo vs. Goku looked serious), but U2 wasn't absolutely wrecked. It's a wonderful change of pace, really, given the trend has been anyone who takes on U7 gets ringed out. Seems U2 will be around for a while.

Going to be interesting to see the next episode. At least they seem to be establishing not all Angels are douches.

Also loling at Toppo stepping in just to defend U2's transformation. They really are twin universes.

Though, food for thought. The fact two of the three battles in the intro have turned out to be misleading makes me wonder what Jiren's odds are. Yes, he's been demonstrated as a powerhouse, but now I'm wondering if there's a curve ball up ahead.

Also that reminder U9 is gone AHHHHHH

• Thumbs Up 1

Now I'm not complaining about it but...

Is it me or were the animators mocking people complaining about reused animation this episode? Because the number of reused scenes was way too high for it to not be on purpose.

I think Helles did her hand waving thing at least 10 times here. 5 of them to zoom out and reveal the U2 fighters.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that's why they did it.

It was ok for the first 3 times, but having it so many is just too much.

Also, did we really need to see them doing the intro and the full transformation again?

Universe 10 is gone next week for sure. Poor Gowasu.

Credit where credit is due, they lasted way longer than any of us expected.

1 hour ago, Ratcicle King said:

Credit where credit is due, they lasted way longer than any of us expected.

I'm still mad they couldn't give me the courtesy of knocking out U10 over U9 first.

But hey. I guess offing U10 first would have been too obvious.

Never mind there's good headcanon material with U9's elimination being the inevitable result of Quitela's earlier ploy.

If Quitela's not rendered permanently erased when everything's over, he has a lot of room to grow as an antagonist. He's manipulative, he loves dirty tactics, and he's got it out for Beerus. I promise I don't just say this because I'm sure Universe 9 would want in on beating down that little jerkmouse.

There's alot of potential sagas out there, but I don't think we will get that much focus on the other universes.

Right now, the remaining members are:

U2: 8

U3: 7

U4: 7

U6: 10

U7: 9

U10: 3(DANGER)

U11: 4(DANGER)

The next episode will probably be U10 losing and maybe U6 gets it's first eliminated member (Botamo).

46 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

There's alot of potential sagas out there, but I don't think we will get that much focus on the other universes.

Unless of course, the speculation all the defeated universes will be revived within Universe 7 comes to fruition.

I can just picture the chaos there.

46 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Right now, the remaining members are:

U2: 8

U3: 7

U4: 7

U6: 10

U7: 9

U10: 3(DANGER)

U11: 4(DANGER)

The next episode will probably be U10 losing and maybe U6 gets it's first eliminated member (Botamo).

We're also getting the setup for the fight between U11 and Hit, it looks like, based on seeing Dyspo and Hit in the preview.

My assumption is Hit will wail on Dyspo, but then Toppo and the other guy join in.

I don't get the next episode's idea.

It's basically Gohan and Universe 2 vs Universe 10 and Botamo.

That's a 9 v 4.

47 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

I don't get the next episode's idea.

It's basically Gohan and Universe 2 vs Universe 10 and Botamo.

That's a 9 v 4.

The episode probably starts with the weaker U2 combatants battling the remaining U10 ones, until for whatever reason they turn their attention to Gohan. It doesn't look like Botamo's a particularly big feature from the preview. What I find strange is that Gohan is worn out. Is that simply from wailing on Botamo? Or does U10 actually have a member worth noticing?

9 vs. 3 sounds intimidating...

Until you remember conservation of ninjutsu. Universe 9 deployed 8 against 2 and it did them no favors.

Expect lots of Universe 2's fighters to job, only for Gohan to finally be the one to knock U10 out.

I wonder if they'll reuse "Liquiir looking on in horror" from Episode 98. They'll just change the angle so he's looking at where Universe 10 was instead of Universe 9. Presumably they'll have a new clip of Universe 11's Gods clearly getting anxious as well.

This assuming Universe 11's Kai doesn't mutter under his breath for Jiren to step it up and whittle everyone down to an equal number of fighters to force a tie at the end.

Botamo's out, U10 is getting erased, Dyspo is kicking Hit's ass, and Roshi has an episode dedicated to him coming up. Courtesy of Herms