Awoo.

Sonic The Fighters Is Coming To XBLA/PSN!

No, then Sonic might get scared when Eggman shows up :[

He'd also be submissive to Amy in every possible way.

"I need to use my Homing Attack now."

"Bitch, did I AUTHORIZE the homing attack?'

• Thumbs Up 5

He'd also be submissive to Amy in every possible way.

"I need to use my Homing Attack now."

"Bitch, did I AUTHORIZE the homing attack?'

"I need to not be on fire right now, please."

"Nope, water is not authorized."

• Thumbs Up 2

"I need to not be on fire right now, please."

"Nope, water is not authorized."

Just wait til the underwater levels. Bet she won't authorize those water bubbles so easily...

Interesting game choice. I personally love this game (especially for the "obscure" character choices... always been a fan of the underdogs. and I really liked the zany graphics/music.), but it only really worked in a "Gems Collection"-like pack... a strange choice to sell by itself!

Gotta agree with making Honey and Metal playable, though :D Always wanted to play as them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uhh...just a bit off topic here...but what's with the Fang-iness....

Anyway, updated graphics would be nice. Also an easier way to get Super Sonic or just have an unlock able Super Sonic.

Fixed Spelling (ROBOTONICK)

Ya know funnily enough, SA1 made that

Okay, it says "Robotonik" instead of "Robotonick," so sue me.

Edited by The Playful Pikachu

Considering we're getting ports of these games, especially being something like Sonic the Fighters, I don't know what you're seriously expecting them to improve or change minus adding online multiplayer (or changing it to Dr. Eggman / Robotnik rather than 'ROBOTONIC'). Was everyone spoiled by the Sonic CD remake-port or something?

StF is probably my favorite Sonic spinoff besides Shuffle. Once again my hopes go to there being a Steam release, like everything else.

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 4

So what IS the difference between the Gems version and the original Arcade version?

Man I'm hoping for a proper PC port. that game hasn't had one and it would be great to play it without the need of a complicated emulator.

Considering we're getting ports of these games, especially being something like Sonic the Fighters, I don't know what you're seriously expecting them to improve or change minus adding online multiplayer (or changing it to Dr. Eggman / Robotnik rather than 'ROBOTONIC'). Was everyone spoiled by the Sonic CD remake-port or something?

StF is probably my favorite Sonic spinoff besides Shuffle. Once again my hopes go to there being a Steam release, like everything else.

Most of us know our hopes are unrealistic, but still, it's nice to dream sometimes.

There most likely will be a Steam release, considering almost every recent port of SEGA's has gotten one.

Damn it Sega. Stop. Cut this shit out. Sit down a second and listen.

Release this:

02092012_Daytona2_Wide.jpg

Not lazy ass ports of mediocre Sonic games. Not widescreen versions of a game that was derivative of your other games when it was new 15 years ago. Not the bleh, weird ass and cheesy game Sonic Team did to busy themselves between NiGHTS and Sonic Adventure.

Release that. I know that you couldn't do SCUD Race these days, what with the licences. And I'm even willing to let that go even though you promised it was coming to the Dreamcast and then just... didn't. And I am glad you gave us NiGHTS, don't get me wrong. But give me Daytona 2. After that piece of shit you actually gave us on the Dreamcast, and after the darling the rerelease of the first game was last year, it's the least you could do.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 6

Why not go dig up a GOOD game and port that instead? Not that they really have anything left to choose from.

Honestly they better not charge much for this.

I would have preferred SEGASonic, personally.

Isn't the general feel of that game lost without a trackball controller?

It'd be like playing Duckhunt with the crosshairs controlled by the D-pad. Yeah, I guess they could've made something functional but it'd be missing the point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one who thinks that they're releasing all these ports and HD remakes so they can use the money towards whatever big game they're working on?

Interesting thought. I hope that is the case so they can have the resources to really amaze us with the next big game...Anyway, I look at all of these ports and remakes not only for Sega to make a quick buck generally speaking, but also for them to make these games accessable to and available for a wider audience across mulitple platforms for the first time.

If I'm not mistaken the only time Sonic the Fighters has been released is via the Sonic Gems Collection for the Gamecube, making it very limited. And I don't think that too many of us has either a Gamecube or a Wii console that plays Gamecube games, so making these ports and remakes provides an excellent opportunity to get and play games that we didn't have the chance to beforehand.

So assuming that Sonic the Fighters does come out in the near future, I'll be looking forward to it as it is another Sonic game that I haven't had the opportunitiy to play yet.

Even though the game is already available on Gems Collection, (which I already own) I can't help but feel all tingly. I really love the artsyle and wonderful stretch-and-squash nature of the game, it might be the nostalgia talking, but it was somewhat decent gameplay-wise, AM2 rarely disappoints. However I'd much rather see Fighters Megamix or either of the Last Bronx games up there instead. Not to mention Panzer Dragoon; even if they have to port/reverse engineer the Sega Ages version. Very notable and more deserving Sega Saturn re-releases.

how bout NOT release another fucking port and work on a new main game? jesuuuuuus

Who's to say that they're not already doing just that? I mean, gosh, it's not like the main division of Sonic Team are the ones that's handling all the ports...

• Thumbs Up 6

Who's to say that they're not already doing just that? I mean, gosh, it's not like the main division of Sonic Team are the ones that's handling all the ports...

And to be fair, they are rather busy with SASRT.

The next 3d game to follow Generations, what are we expecting late 2013? I would say 2014 at best. SEGA shouldn't have to keep rushing out new games for the sake or it. They should take their time. In the meantime re-releaseing old popular titles like SA2 & Sonic CD, is a good idea.

If they want to port Sonic the Fighters to modern platforms, then thats fine. I just wouldn't expect StF to get any better treatment than SA2 got.

I just hope that if StF is ported, that it is better than the PS2 port of Heroes that was put on PSN, with pretty much no changes to the original.

Edited by NightwingFox
  • Thumbs Up 3