Awoo.

Sonic The Fighters Is Coming To XBLA/PSN!

They half ass it how?

No additional content at all, meanwhile this one already has content that wasn't in the original game.

I think we should be a little fair here.

People have gotten these characters playable using cheating devices. With it being so easy, I honestly doubt it took much effort for SEGA to make those 3 playable characters. All their moves are already set, they already have models, etc.

I guess online counts.

People have gotten these characters playable using cheating devices. With it being so easy, I honestly doubt it took much effort for SEGA to make those 3 playable characters. All their moves are already set, they already have models, etc.

I guess online counts.

Honey's model seems to be modified a fair bit though.

m5oMM.gif

I think the question is.....when we punch Honey are we going to be able to destroy her armor like in Fighting Vipers? JK tongue.png

Wow online play! I can't wait to try it out and fight other people online and if there's a tournament count me in!

I guess online counts.

While I do agree with this, on that same merit people have gotten multiplayer-exclusive characters working in singleplayer stages in SA2 before, again, through similar hacks and such. If Sega wanted to throw fans a tiny little olive branch for SA2 the same way they did here, I'd hardly say it would've been beyond their power to do so.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I know Honey, at least, was a fair bit broken when she was hacked to be playable, so it was a bit more work than just flipping a switch. And regardless the most likely outcome, and a perfectly understandable one, would have been to do nothing and leave the game as it was. Even I think they deserve some credit for this.

I will buy this. Can't believe they actually added Eggman, Metal Sonic, and Honey. Does this mean there are now eleven emeralds instead of 8? Will Honey have her a new level?

Also, I loved the OST

Now I want Heroes HD.

And Colors HD...

I will buy this. Can't believe they actually added Eggman, Metal Sonic, and Honey. Does this mean there are now eleven emeralds instead of 8? Will Honey have her a new level?

Also, I loved the OST

Now I want Heroes HD.

And Colors HD...

>heroes hd

>colours hd

lolno

Does this mean there are now eleven emeralds instead of 8? Will Honey have her a new level?

Looks like the three "new" characters are unlockable and don't have a role in the arcade (well, you know what I mean).

There was a level taken out that went by the name of Sunset Town. That'll probably be added if they put Honey in Arcade mode/

>Three

SEGA, this is great, but if you swing fine three times but then miss Rocket Metal I'll be sad

Rocket Metal as Metal's Final Smash

So they half ass the Sonic Adventure 2 port, but go out of their way for this one?....logic what is that?

Eh, not that I agree with them, but they were pretty sure SA2 will sell regardless. Where as, not too many people cared about Sonic the Fighters and they actually decided to pump this one up.

If we ever have a tournament, ban using Metal Sonic.

Simple as that :U

We need a metal sonic only tournament if anything.

It would be spectacularly short.

Wh-wha-wha-whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa--? They're seriously putting this much effort into this? I could've predicted them maybe adding in the boss characters, but HONEY?! They actually went to the trouble of fixing a character that was completely cut from the game? PLUS online play?! Well, in any case, kudos on Sega's part. Leave it to them to sell me on yet another port of a game that I already own a port of. laugh.png

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

What's that? A SEGA port that has actual effort put into it? Count me in! Never played Sonic The Fighters before, so I suppose this is a good time to try it, as it seems this will be the definitive version.

Edited by Zero
  • Thumbs Up 1

i'm personally more excited about Virtual On getting a release, that game was the shit, giant mecha fighting game wooo. (even if i didn't understand the controls at all)