Awoo.

Sonic The Fighters Is Coming To XBLA/PSN!

Alright okay alright fine geezus. You win! I was wrong and I did exaggerate. But screw it all if I say I didn't have fun with it and don't think it should get a rerelease. Sure it isn't worth the same price as a full game like SA2, NiD or JSR, but you all make it sound worse than it is.

• Thumbs Up 3

The only thing wrong with them announcing another port of a Sonic game is that it's not a port of Sonic Shuffle.

:3

• Thumbs Up 3

They really should just compile all of the old Sonic games that are worth preserving but not worth buying on their own, which is basically what two-thirds of Sonic Gems Collection was.

• Thumbs Up 6

You guys are killing the hype for me.

Welcome to SSMB!

I kid, but seriously guys try and lighten up.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 3

I don't see why people seem to list unbalanced characters as the main reason it's "bad" (though it's actually not bad); Brawl was terribly unbalanced yet was still well-received.

Edited by The Mysterious MissingNo.
  • Thumbs Up 3

So instead of re-releasing Fighters Megamix, they re-release Sonic the Fighters.... While I personaly never liked the game (its just too broken), it would be great for people to finally play this game due to how its a odd ball in the sonic series. Hopefully this points towards more re-makes of Satern/Dreamcast games as I would love to finally play tittles like Chu Chu Rocket, Shenmo, Skys of Arcadla, and Pazer Dragoon.

no doubt other SEGA ports are on the horizon, with Transformed due out in November rekindling some classic SEGA titles,i wouldn't be surprised if they don't jump at the chance to Port over Panzer Dragoon, Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, Chu Chu Rocket and Shinobi at some point.

Edited by Super Soniko

So instead of re-releasing Fighters Megamix, they re-release Sonic the Fighters.... While I personaly never liked the game (its just too broken), it would be great for people to finally play this game due to how its a odd ball in the sonic series. Hopefully this points towards more re-makes of Satern/Dreamcast games as I would love to finally play tittles like Chu Chu Rocket, Shenmo, Skys of Arcadla, and Pazer Dragoon.

Thing is, people really should play VF2, FV and Sonic the Fighters BEFORE playing Megamix as Megamix is a mash up of those three games. If Megamix came out before StF, VF2 and FV newbies would have no idea why a polar bear is fighting a chick in pink armor and a drunken old man. I'll bet that if these do release, and prove to be successful, Virtua Fighter Kids and Fighters Megamix would be next in line. VF3 would also be a cool release, given Megamix was intended as an introduction to VF3's new features.

I think we should be worried about more important things, like if they're going to port over Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighting Vipers from either the arcade version or the Saturn version.. because really, I have both on the Saturn and they're super clunky, floaty and slow. I'd expect them to do the arcade version like StF, but then again StF was already ported in Gems so this is probably just a port of that.

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just want ports of games that aren't available without owning 10-15 year old platforms. That's why I approve of Nights, Skies of Arcadia, Fighting Vipers etc remakes.

Really, port everything if you want to. I don't have to buy it, so who cares?

Wait did Neon make another account?...

So check this out guys, pretty much confirms this game is coming soon:

9avb6a.jpg

tumblr_mbf2ys3pml1qmwi5go6_1280.png

STF is cameoed in Wreck-it-Ralph! its free advertising for SEGA on their end and its all too coincidental to have a listing appear right before the movie releases.

Now we just play SEGA's waiting game.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 2

Wait did Neon make another account?...

So check this out guys, pretty much confirms this game is coming soon:

STF is cameoed in Wreck-it-Ralph! its free advertising for SEGA on their end and its all too coincidental to have a listing appear right before the movie releases.

Now we just play SEGA's waiting game.

Oh that confirms nothing. The film is full of cameos from real world games, Sonic being one of them. So if they're going to have an arcade it would only make sense to stick a Sonic machine in there. You've got the obscure Sonic Arcade and the slightly less obscure Sonic the Fighters to choose from.

The only confirmation needed is that the game has been given an official age rating.

Oh that confirms nothing. The film is full of cameos from real world games, Sonic being one of them. So if they're going to have an arcade it would only make sense to stick a Sonic machine in there. You've got the obscure Sonic Arcade and the slightly less obscure Sonic the Fighters to choose from.

The only confirmation needed is that the game has been given an official age rating.

• Thumbs Up 1

Like Blue Blood said, the only confirmation needed was the rating.

If the game hadn't had a recent rating, no one would have thought much of it being the movie.

SEGA of Japan’s YouTube channel uploaded a sneaky teaser trailer proclaiming “2×5″ followed by a series of video game sounds. SEGA fans with keen ears should recognize the sounds to come from Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, Sonic the Fighters, Virtua Striker and Cyber Troopers Virtual-On. The title “2X5″ most likely refers to SEGA’s Model 2 arcade board and the five aforementioned games. The teaser ends with “See You Tomorrow”, so we can pretty much expect the reveal of these five games for XBLA and PSN either today or tomorrow. Who is excited for some Model 2 arcade action?

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/10/17/sega-japan-releases-teaser-trailer-for-model-2-games/

---

So it isn't simply a fighters collection, but rather a collection of 5 Model 2 arcade games. Very cool. Now can we stop getting down on Sonic the Fighters and look at this as a collection of five titles that represent a sampling of all the games the Model 2 system had to offer? Because really, it isn't just about Sonic it seems. It's about showing off the variety of the Model 2. In that context, Sonic the Fighters is very fitting.

• Thumbs Up 2

Confirmed!

Honey the Cat is now a playable character!

SCREW HONEY

DID YOU SEE

DID YOU SEE IN THAT TRAILER

METAL SONIC

THE METAL BLUE MOTHAFUCKA THAT'S SO OVERPOWERED HE ALWAYS BEAT YOUR ASS ON THE LAST LEVEL OF THE GAME

YES IT IN FACT IS,

METAL SONIC

METAL SONIC PEOPLE

I DON'T CARE ABOUT SOME FIGHTING VIPERS CHARACTER AS A CAT PLAYABLE

WE GOT

METAL MOTHERFUCKIN' SONIC, AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS

Metal_Sonic_13.png

oh yeah, and online mutiplayer pls~

Edited by Ratchet
  • Thumbs Up 6